+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent guidance

anaesthetist

Mar 16, 2012
thank u for your post. should I worry abt the appeal of I am refused entry or it is just a formality of sorts ... would my PR status be at a risk ..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anaesthetist said:
thank u for your post. should I worry abt the appeal of I am refused entry or it is just a formality of sorts ... would my PR status be at a risk ..
Yes, your PR status would be at risk. People often seem to get away with entering without meeting the residency requirements as long as their PR card is still valid but immigration does have the right to question people about where they have been living and for how long and they can report people that do not meet the requirements. It would be advisable to tell the truth when you deal with them and be calm and apologetic.

If they do decide to report you, you should take this appeal seriously because your PR status really may be at risk. However, worst case scenario, if you do get reported and lose your appeal, your wife would be able to sponsor you again as she will be in Canada already and meets her residency requirements.

pb1

Jul 21, 2012
hi
my pr card was expired and i have one year left to meet residency requirement to renew my pr card! i faced to some problem and i have to have short trip to uk !!i heard about one point is that, if i will success to got a US visa i can enter from US boarder with my expired pr card ! is this the right think? can i do that?

pb1

Jul 21, 2012
hi
my pr card was expired and i did not meet the residency requirement and i have one year left to meet the residency requirement, but i forced to travel to uk in order to complete my education. i wanna know that if i can success to got a US visa can i enter to canada within the boarder with my expire card ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Expired card and not meeting the residency requirements is not a good combination. If you do not want to risk your PR status, you should stay in Canada until you meet the requirements. Then renew your PR card and leave if you want to. I am sure your "forced" travel to complete your education can wait for one year without ruining your life or career.

pb1

Jul 21, 2012
thank's for responding
i wanna know that can i re enter by the boarder? if i will not attend in my classes by the september i will lose all my education years because i have one year left to get my degree please respond me!

anaesthetist

Mar 16, 2012
is it that one might get reported but is still allowed to enter or is it that one gets reported and then immediately deported as well. first flight available back

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would be allowed to enter but you risk being reported for not meeting the requirements. They will let you in and give you 30 days to make an appeal. Then they will consider your appeal and decide if they will revoke your PR or not.

vikas123

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
India Gate, Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
AOR Received.
done
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
done
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
done
Passport Req..
done
VISA ISSUED...
done
LANDED..........
done
Hi,

I have a query and expect you to help me out.

In my case, i am the primary applicant and my wife and daughter are the secondary.

I have landed in Canada 2 months back and they are coming in Oct. what are documents they need to carry with them like COPR, List of goods to carry, PP and thats it.. As I have already shown the POF when I landed and they do not need to show the POF again..

Kindly clarify

Vikas

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikas123 said:
I have landed in Canada 2 months back and they are coming in Oct. what are documents they need to carry with them like COPR, List of goods to carry, PP and thats it.. As I have already shown the POF when I landed and they do not need to show the POF again..
That is right. They do not need to show POF because you already did.

anaesthetist

Mar 16, 2012
for every case reported is there any ratio as to how many get their PR status revoked and how many are given relaxation. for example for every 100 cases reported for overstaying , how many would have a successful appeal to how many revoked. I know it sounds weird, but I am trying to cover every angle I may . thank u

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anaesthetist said:
for every case reported is there any ratio as to how many get their PR status revoked and how many are given relaxation. for example for every 100 cases reported for overstaying , how many would have a successful appeal to how many revoked. I know it sounds weird, but I am trying to cover every angle I may . thank u
No idea. I just know from what people say about entering when you don't meet the requirements that it is not too common to get reported. Some may be given a lecture and then that's it. In any case, your case is not average, it is your case. Whatever happens in your case happens. No use worrying about it. You do what you have to and when that doesn't work out, you have your back up plan.

pb1

Jul 21, 2012
thanks for responding
i think there is some miss understanding here
i should said that there is low in canada which indicates any body who have the expired card can reenter buy the buffalo boarder by car or bus (commercial vehicles) !! i saw this in the low i wanna make sure is it right?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pb1 said:
thanks for responding
i think there is some miss understanding here
i should said that there is low in canada which indicates any body who have the expired card can reenter buy the buffalo boarder by car or bus (commercial vehicles) !! i saw this in the low i wanna make sure is it right?
Yes, that is kind of true but there are a few factors here.

1. The trip to Canada.
a.) If you have a visa exempt passport, you can always board a plane, a bus, a ship or any other means to get to Canada without a PR card because they will only look at your passport and you do not even have to say that you are a PR.
b.) If you do not have a visa exempt passport, no commercial carrier, airline, bus company etc. will allow you to board them on the way to Canada without either a valid PR card or a travel document because if you arrive in Canada without the proper visa, they could be held responsible which leads to the next factor:

2. Travel document or the US border. If you are in the situation of being outside Canada with an expired PR card and you are not visa exempt, if you want to return on a plane or by bus, you will need a travel document. You can apply for it at a Canadian embassy. However, if you don't want to bother with a travel document or worse, you don't meet the residency requirements which means you will not get a travel document unless you have some good reasons why you don't meet them, you could enter at the US land border by private or rented car or even by foot. However, that does not guarantee a problem free entry which leads to the next point:

3. Entering Canada with an expired PR card.
A valid PR card is not the only proof that you are a PR although it is the best one. When you arrive at immigration and show landing papers or an expired card, they will most likely be convinced that you are a PR and will allow you to enter. However, if they suspect that you do not meet the residency requirements, they can report you for that and start the proceedings to revoke your PR. If they decide to report you on entry, they will let you enter but give you 30 days to appeal their decision and either proving that they were wrong and that you do meet the residency requirements or give them some Human and Compassionate reasons for why you don't and couldn't.