+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent guidance on TB for student visa

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Hello ,

I have a TB and I want to apply for student visa in Canada. But I don't know the exact policy on TB(Tuberculosis).
Please guide mee should I apply for visa now or should I have to wait, because as per my knowledge there is no problem with inactive TB,but I am not sure.
Please give me a DETAIL information on TB (For both Active , Inactive and many more) policy as soon as possible

Abhishek2222

Apr 27, 2018
Hii
I am from Mumbai, India.

I have also a similar situation at hand.

I have got admission in a University in Canada to pursue PhD for which I have to join the University in the last week of August 2018.

On 18th April 2018, I am diagnosed withLymph Node TB on the right side of my neck.

I have started the medication on 19th April as suggested by my Physician who has prescribed a 9-month course for the same.
My lungs or any other body part did not get affected at all. The TB is localized to Right Supraclavicular only. My chest X-rays are clear. My blood tests are normal. I have been informed that it's a non-communicable form of TB that is non-harmful to people around me. No coughing etc.
I would also like to mention here that no person in my family has a medical history of having affected by TB.

I have been planning to apply for the Student Visa in the first week of May 2018 but due to the circumstances at hand, I have dropped the idea of applying for the visa at present.

I am not sure to what extent this health situation of mine will affect my Student Visa application. Please let me know to what extent this Right Supraclavicular Lymph Node TB will affect my Medical Examination for the purpose of Student Visa.
I request someone to guide me through this.

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Hii
I am from Mumbai, India.

I have got admission in a University in Canada to pursue PhD for which I have to join the University in the last week of August 2018.

On 18th April 2018, I am diagnosed withLymph Node TB on the right side of my neck.

I have started the medication on 19th April as suggested by my Physician who has prescribed a 9-month course for the same.
My lungs or any other body part did not get affected at all. The TB is localized to Right Supraclavicular only. My chest X-rays are clear. My blood tests are normal. I have been informed that it's a non-communicable form of TB that is non-harmful to people around me. No coughing etc.
I would also like to mention here that no person in my family has a medical history of having affected by TB.

I have been planning to apply for the Student Visa in the first week of May 2018 but due to the circumstances at hand, I have dropped the idea of applying for the visa at present.

I am not sure to what extent this health situation of mine will affect my Student Visa application. Please let me know to what extent this Right Supraclavicular Lymph Node TB will affect my Medical Examination for the purpose of Student Visa.
Hi.. can we talk in Wtsap ...@9099670764 ..??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have active TB you will be refused admission based on being a risk to the health and safety of Canadian citizens. If you get treatment and it is successful you can apply again. You might require some extra monitoring. The only people allowed into Canada with TB is refugees. Their TB will be treated but they are often coming from somewhere like a refugee/idp camp where communicable diseases are common and treatment is hard to find.

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
If you have active TB you will be refused admission based on being a risk to the health and safety of Canadian citizens. If you get treatment and it is successful you can apply again. You might require some extra monitoring. The only people allowed into Canada with TB is refugees. Their TB will be treated but they are often coming from somewhere like a refugee/idp camp where communicable diseases are common and treatment is hard to find.
Thanks for your humble opinion. But actually what the scenario now is that... I already completed treatment of 4 months and it will complete within 2 months (as my trwatreat is of total 6 months) . And I already applied for student visa . And my intake is September-2018. So will it be problem for me ? Will I got rejection due to this ?

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
You may be asked to do another medical including a sputum culture that takes 2 months to process.
Ohhk thanks. So how much possibility that I got visa as per your opinion ? And if u have any contact who already faced problem like me ..It will be helpful for me .!! Again thanks buddy .

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Hii
I am from Mum.bai, India.

Hello Abhishek ,

If u r there then please msg me on Wtsap @9099670764
I waiting for your reply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would anticipate needing a clear sputum yes to get a visa. You will need to complete treatment first. If your application is delayed because of TB just explain that in your SOP and show proof. It is a valid reason to postpone your studies. Also apply early because anticipate needing a sputum culture after your chest x-ray.

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Would anticipate needing a clear sputum yes to get a visa. You will need to complete treatment first. If your application is delayed because of TB just explain that in your SOP and show proof. It is a valid reason to postpone your studies. Also apply early because anticipate needing a sputum culture after your chest x-ray.
But I already submitted my application and also offer letter. Now on 2-June (after 3-4 days from today)my six months treatment will complete. And doctor says sputum report will take 56 means 2 month and then ambassy will take one month. So I am confused . And it's convenient if u guide me on WhatsApp @9099670764 (if u don't mind)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure why you think the embassy will take one month. The approval time for a study permit is variable. Expect to need to wait until your sputum test has been completed.

Sosu1

Oct 14, 2018
Did you get your visa approved?

Hello ,

I have a TB and I want to apply for student visa in Canada. But I don't know the exact policy on TB(Tuberculosis).
Please guide mee should I apply for visa now or should I have to wait, because as per my knowledge there is no problem with inactive TB,but I am not sure.
Please give me a DETAIL information on TB (For both Active , Inactive and many more) policy as soon as possible

Femosky

Jun 23, 2023
But I already submitted my application and also offer letter. Now on 2-June (after 3-4 days from today)my six months treatment will complete. And doctor says sputum report will take 56 means 2 month and then ambassy will take one month. So I am confused . And it's convenient if u guide me on WhatsApp @9099670764 (if u don't mind)
Hello, how did you overcome this situation? I am in the same situation. I went for upfront in December 2022 and was diagnosed for TB but made to do a 6-month treatment. I am currently in the 5th month and about to finish by July 11th. The nurse told me i can apply for my visa after treatment, but the entire result won’t be out until i’ve completed the last sputum test, which is immediately after my treatment completion, ie. sometime in September.

I don’t want to wait till then to apply because of how long the processing times for visas can be. I have already deferred my admission from September to January and wouldn‘t want to have to do it again.

Please what did you do, how did yours go, and what advice would you have for me please? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Hello Femi,

I see your text. You can text me on WhatsApp and we can have quick call. So it will easier and fast