+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED SOME SERIOUS ADVICE

Harsh29

May 31, 2015
Hi Guys, This is my first posting on this forum, since i feeling hopeless, i want some advice from you guys.
I came to Canada as a student (mechanical technician) then i got three year work permit, everything was smooth then this express entry system kick's in. I am at 390 points. I applied for LMIA recently, approval chance are very low :(
My work permit is expiring in March 2016. I wonder if there is any way I can extent my work permit or any other possible solution.

Thank You.

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can only extend your work permit once your eligibility is passed .. means youve applie for your pr under expres entry and got AOR or a positive on your eligibility.

the work around is you can apply for an extension regardless with whatever you have right before your work permit expires and wait for them to reply or respond. you can legally work as long as youve applied for your work permit and till a decision is made.. these days the processing time is around 5 months if you apply online so you can atleast work for another 5 months till your wp application is rejected till then you probably get your pr under express entry.

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
also easier than LMIO is provincial nominee.. apply for that and submit your file as your points will go up if you get the nomination

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
ushiee88 said:
you can only extend your work permit once your eligibility is passed .. means youve applie for your pr under expres entry and got AOR or a positive on your eligibility.

the work around is you can apply for an extension regardless with whatever you have right before your work permit expires and wait for them to reply or respond. you can legally work as long as youve applied for your work permit and till a decision is made.. these days the processing time is around 5 months if you apply online so you can atleast work for another 5 months till your wp application is rejected till then you probably get your pr under express entry.
I would say this is a good option.. And I did try this way once and it actually did work.. So go ahead..