+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some information..please help

sanjaydas

Aug 20, 2006
I am in the process of entering Canada on a temporary work permit in Dec'06. Could some one please let me know when I can apply for permanent residence from within Canada? What are the eligibilty requirements for a temporary work permit visa holder to apply for PR from within Canada?

Thanks in advance,
Sanjay Das

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sanjaydas said:
I am in the process of entering Canada on a temporary work permit in Dec'06. Could some one please let me know when I can apply for permanent residence from within Canada? What are the eligibilty requirements for a temporary work permit visa holder to apply for PR from within Canada?

Thanks in advance,
Sanjay Das
1. You cannot apply for PR in Canada, you must apply to an outside office (spousal applicants can apply within Canada)
2. To apply to Buffalo, rather than your home country, you must be admitted to Canada for 1 year. If you are admitted for 1 year, you can immediately apply to Buffalo.
3. Note though, you best have a US visitor visa in case an interview is required, and you should note that Buffalo will not send passports to other than Canada or the US.

PMM

sanjaydas

Aug 20, 2006
Kind attention PMM:Need some information..please help

Thanks for your quick reply PMM. However I did not understand your reference to Buffalo. I shall be moving from New Delhi, India to Toronto Canada on a temporary work permit. Could you please explain this in a bit more details? My original question was after I have completed 1 year in Canada where can I apply for my Permanent residence in Canada?

Thanks in advance,

Sanjay Das

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Kind attention PMM:Need some information..please help

Hi

sanjaydas said:
Thanks for your quick reply PMM. However I did not understand your reference to Buffalo. I shall be moving from New Delhi, India to Toronto Canada on a temporary work permit. Could you please explain this in a bit more details? My original question was after I have completed 1 year in Canada where can I apply for my Permanent residence in Canada?

Thanks in advance,

Sanjay Das
I suggest that you re-read what I wrote. You CANNOT apply to an office within Canada, you must apply to an outside office, which in the US is Buffalo. You don;t have to be in Canada for a year, you have to be admitted for a year.

PMM

I

itzy-lu

Need information..Urgent!! Help

Hello,
To whom it may concern,

I am writing to see if you can acesorar me in my impeachment.

On October 5, 2010 I started my residency process with my ex-boyfriend as conjuint de fait. On October 20, 2010 was transferred to the office of Los Angeles California.

I have the certificate of acceptance of Quebec and I had already sent my medical exams. Apparently I was in the final stage.

My ex-boyfriend is the principal applicant, so because of our separation I have no way of knowing anything about my process because he received all the information.
I sent a letter to the government of Canada in the office of Los Angeles, I have not received response yet.
Unfortunately I had to leave Canada and return to Mexico for the death of a Family.
I wonder if there is any way to continue my process in my country.
What options I could can have to continue.
Im really interested in this process and be permanet resident .
Thank you for your time, I await your response. Regards.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Need information..Urgent!! Help

itzy-lu said:
Hello,
To whom it may concern,

I am writing to see if you can acesorar me in my impeachment.

On October 5, 2010 I started my residency process with my ex-boyfriend as conjuint de fait. On October 20, 2010 was transferred to the office of Los Angeles California.

I have the certificate of acceptance of Quebec and I had already sent my medical exams. Apparently I was in the final stage.

My ex-boyfriend is the principal applicant, so because of our separation I have no way of knowing anything about my process because he received all the information.
I sent a letter to the government of Canada in the office of Los Angeles, I have not received response yet.
Unfortunately I had to leave Canada and return to Mexico for the death of a Family.
I wonder if there is any way to continue my process in my country.
What options I could can have to continue.
Im really interested in this process and be permanet resident .
Thank you for your time, I await your response. Regards.
As you boyfriend was the principal applicant and you were the dependent, and you are no longer together, you have to assume that you will be refused a PR visa.