+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some expert advice Badly.

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
Got 3 years.
Started working in May of 2014. Have work permit till Feb 2017.

Is there any way that I can extend my work permit ?

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Yes.. so only option is get another year of study... I know we only get PGWP once, but atleast you will get the points .. so even if you go back home it will not be a long while when you receive an invitation because your score will jump above 450.. ( We are assuming that the cut off scores do not go below 450 ). You do not have to study here, you can go back home and study there as well.. or work for atleast a year to bank the points for that...

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chat2ash said:
Got 3 years.
Started working in May of 2014. Have work permit till Feb 2017.

Is there any way that I can extend my work permit ?

Ok this clear something .. so after Feb 2017 you will have 3 years experience , you have Canadian education, as some one posted try to get education degree or some form of education here while you work ( which should fetch you points) .. all this combined you will have chance to apply and more points in your back pocket.. just sleep happy .. not all doors are closed..

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
I dont think I would be able to reach 3 years of work experience as my permit expires 3 months prior to that.

And joining a programme while on PGWP is not allowed.

Is there any way I can extend my work permit some how through my company? Like a closed work permit ?

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chat2ash said:
I dont think I would be able to reach 3 years of work experience as my permit expires 3 months prior to that.

And joining a programme while on PGWP is not allowed.

Is there any way I can extend my work permit some how through my company? Like a closed work permit ?
Yes that works, ask your company to do that, if they think you are a good use for them ask them get a closed work permit.. with that you may be able even study while working after your pgwp expires.. please correct me if I am wrong here

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
The-SpaceGuy said:
Yes that works, ask your company to do that, if they think you are a good use for them ask them get a closed work permit.. with that you may be able even study while working after your pgwp expires.. please correct me if I am wrong here
Even for closed work permit, they have to prove that no Canadian was available for this position.
Sucks

I cant even imagine going back home, as I spent 6 years of my youth here. I am so used to this culture and my friends here that its impossible to start over a new life some where else.
Sucks