+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some expert advice Badly.

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
Hello,

I came to Canada as international Student and currently working in Ontario. My work permit will expire in exact 1 year.
I currently have 396 points, but once I finish my 2 years of work experience I can reach to 422 points.

I just want to make sure, to be eligible for Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, do I need to have a Bachelors Degree, other than the 400 points ?

I only have a 2 Year diploma from Ontario Canada, from educational Point of view.

I am getting mixed answers, where some say Bachelors is not required but on the website it does say that, you need one.

Can some one please shed some light on it?

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
chat2ash said:
Hello,

I came to Canada as international Student and currently working in Ontario. My work permit will expire in exact 1 year.
I currently have 396 points, but once I finish my 2 years of work experience I can reach to 422 points.

I just want to make sure, to be eligible for Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, do I need to have a Bachelors Degree, other than the 400 points ?

I only have a 2 Year diploma from Ontario Canada, from educational Point of view.

I am getting mixed answers, where some say Bachelors is not required but on the website it does say that, you need one.

Your best chances are to increase your score by retaking IELTS, getting a LMIA or pick up at least another year of study

A bachelors is required to get Ontario Nomination...

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
Thank you for the clarification.

My Company did apply for Ontario PNP, but we never heard back from them and its been over 6 months now. International students should apply under PNP within 2 years of graduation. In my case that is over.

Not sure how taking another 1 year course would help, as I can only get PGWP once. Correct me if I am wrong

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
chat2ash said:
Hello,

A Bachelor's degree is necessary- but it does not have to be a Canadian one.
You need, basically:

a) 400 CRS points or more
b) A Bachelor's degree
c) An intent to reside in Ontario
d) Be over the LICO cutoff

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chat2ash said:
Hello,

ask your company to give you a LMIA instead of applying to pnp. which is more helpful.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
chat2ash said:
Not sure how taking another 1 year course would help, as I can only get PGWP once. Correct me if I am wrong
Correct - you can only get a PGWP once in your lifetime.

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
The-SpaceGuy said:
ask your company to give you a LMIA instead of applying to pnp. which is more helpful.
I work in technical support environment. I am not sure if it would even be possible to get LMIA for it.
Proving to the government that No other Canadian was found suitable for this position, sounds near to impossible for me. ;(

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chat2ash said:
I work in technical support environment. I am not sure if it would even be possible to get LMIA for it.
Proving to the government that No other Canadian was found suitable for this position, sounds near to impossible for me. ;(

I understand your problem .. it feels so bad .. I am an international student too... whats your score on ielts or celpip.. how many points you achieved out of it?

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
The-SpaceGuy said:
I understand your problem .. it feels so bad .. I am an international student too... whats your score on ielts or celpip.. how many points you achieved out of it?
Speaking: 8.5 , Reading : 8.5 , Listening : 7.5, Writing : 7

I am writing the exam again next month. Even though I get higher marks, the maximum I can reach with 2 years of experience is 447 points. And it seems like the points will never go below 450

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chat2ash said:
Speaking: 8.5 , Reading : 8.5 , Listening : 7.5, Writing : 7

I am writing the exam again next month. Even though I get higher marks, the maximum I can reach with 2 years of experience is 447 points. And it seems like the points will never go below 450

its never never .. hopefully we will see if it will go down .. what are you other chances ? do u have work experience back home? which country are u from .. if india .. which part of india

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
If you have work experience in NOC 0, A or B from back home it would give you some points also, if you haven't already added it.

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
The-SpaceGuy said:
its never never .. hopefully we will see if it will go down .. what are you other chances ? do u have work experience back home? which country are u from .. if india .. which part of india
I am from Kerala. I have no other work experience back home. Finished my high school back home and came to Canada.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chat2ash said:
I am from Kerala. I have no other work experience back home. Finished my high school back home and came to Canada.

Ohh so sorry mate, try exploring new opportunities and job offers with LMIA.. try asap bro.

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
How many years did they give you on your PGWP?