+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some advice ASAP

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hi. I’m hoping to get some opinions or maybe people who were in the same situation.
My study permit was issued well before March 16, 2020, so I’m allowed to go back to Canada. My current study permit is expiring on 31st of August. I already got approved for the new study permit outside of Canada but I obviously need to get it at the Border.
However, I’m planning to travel back to Montreal on 29th of August(my subletter will leave my apartment then, so I can self isolate alone at my place). I will be bringing my self isolation plan and I also plan to do a test of covid the day before I leave so they can see I don’t have covid. Do you think I can still get my study permit issued at the border if it was already approved outside of Canada ? Will they even let me in if my study permit is expiring in few days?

p.s i really need to be back in Montreal because I have a lease and I need to work to be able to pay for my lease. I also left my cloth in the storage and I pay 175$ monthly for it so I need to go back...

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
You should be okay as long as you have the confirmation letter and your current valid study permit - you should aim to get back before the 29th to avoid any problems/delays and not leave it up to the last minute.

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
You should be okay as long as you have the confirmation letter and your current valid study permit - you should aim to get back before the 29th to avoid any problems/delays and not leave it up to the last minute.
I know, I totally would. But I subletted my place and the person only leaves on 29th. So, I basically can’t come earlier because I have nowhere to self isolate. I know they only will let me in if I have a self isolation plan. So I don’t know what to do....
also, will I be able to get my study permit be issued at the border or due to covid they don’t do it anymore?

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I know, I totally would. But I subletted my place and the person only leaves on 29th. So, I basically can’t come earlier because I have nowhere to self isolate. I know they only will let me in if I have a self isolation plan. So I don’t know what to do....
also, will I be able to get my study permit be issued at the border or due to covid they don’t do it anymore?
I don't know the details, maybe they are still offering it at the border but you will have to double check. Either way you should have your confirmation of extension in hand.

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I don't know the details, maybe they are still offering it at the border but you will have to double check. Either way you should have your confirmation of extension in hand.
i really hope they let me in considering my study permit will be expiring in 2 days. But, thank you very much for your advice