+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Senior Advice

Iftikhar123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
I applied for my spouse in April 2014 local office Mississauga,She got Pre test RQ on August 2014 which i replied with all evidences in August 2014 than in September 2014 she got test invitation Today October 7th 2014 she passed the test But interview officer said to her that your driver license shows different address and your home address is different which i dont get it she says thats only G1 when i get my G2 i will make it updated than rather than giving her oath letter she says you will hear from our office Can you please share your experience any one with the same situation how long it takes to get the oath letter and he says that the Toronto office will review your RQ what does that mean.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Wait and keep preying that they will not issue residence questionnaire if they issue

than you have to wait for another 12-18 months.... you file will be consider non-routine

and you have to submit tonnes of papers.

Iftikhar123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
i already submitted the rq before the test will i get one more or if not how long it takes to get the oath

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Iftikhar123 can you give some background on the reason for RQ trigger for your spouse. do you guys live together in same house and both of you owner of house? there must be some ambiguity somewhere which cause this all confusion.
did u guys not submit kids 4 years school report card. if u don't have kids. did she submit her OHIP record. because such things give evidence of stay in Canada. I don't understand why she got RQ please shed light on the possible reason

Iftikhar123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
Blue Shirt she didnt worked in Canada yes we live in the same house my kids are going to school i submit there reports and everything in application as well as in pre test Rq the only thing the officer said that her license is having different address and application is having different address he says we need to review i am confused how long it takes to review and will she gets one more Rq again i already submit tons of papers including health record with previous rq.

Are they reviewing the RQ after the test or before the test

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
what address your wife is having in license is it any relative address or previous rental apartment address.
this is a major issue as it is part of RQ scrutiny. you should have avoided this by updating your address on license. hope all goes well. my feeling was your wife RQ was already processed and she was about to get oath but this small address issue drag things

dtnnn

Oct 5, 2013
If your address changed, you have to get your address updated with 30 days. That's the law!

Iftikhar123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
blueshirt said:
what address your wife is having in license is it any relative address or previous rental apartment address.
this is a major issue as it is part of RQ scrutiny. you should have avoided this by updating your address on license. hope all goes well. my feeling was your wife RQ was already processed and she was about to get oath but this small address issue drag things
blue shirt It was my relative address also and i had live on this address also in 2011 and because of insurance purpose i didnt change this address do u have any idea how long does it take usually to get the oath or if not what will be the next stage.

Thanks

swindsor2010

Feb 9, 2014
This is very simple to me: They found that the address you said you live is not the address in your driver's licence when they where checking your documentation. That created doubt as to where you really live. Your driver's licence MUST have the address of where you actually live, unless you moved less than 30 days ago. Expect delays in your application because of this. How much delay it depends on what they decide to do and how long it takes for them to make a decision. I don't know about 2 RQs, they may just write asking you to explain the reasons for the discrepancy. Whatever your write in response to that make sure it's the truth.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Iftikhar123

Do you have both addresses i.e. driving license address and present address reported in citizenship application / RQ reply? I mean in the previous four years address section. If yes, it may be a bit easy to explain otherwise it will create more doubt and suspicions on your case. As swindsor2010 said expect delays in your application now.
Make sure what you explain is truth and matching with records.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
That is a hard question here and for sure no one on this forum can give you a definite answer except CIC officials.
What I can say now is, it all depends upon how serious they take it and how fast they can come to a conclusion that it is not a falsification.
Suppose you lived on your previous address while applying for citizenship, moved to present address and updated your address on CIC file online/later, the case may be easy to understand as an omission/oversight and may turn up as minor.
But if you don't have your previous address at CIC file at all and they are not convinced you ever resided on old or present address it may turn a big issue.
Patience is the only way to go now. Hope for the best and prepare for not the worst but to answer the CIC queries. !!
Wish you all the best Iftikhar.

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
If the CIC is not satisfied, then unfortunately, they might require a hearing with the citizenship judge? If so, then that might take 12-18 months to schedule the hearing.

Iftikhar123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
RQ2012 said:
If the CIC is not satisfied, then unfortunately, they might require a hearing with the citizenship judge? If so, then that might take 12-18 months to schedule the hearing.
How long they take to convey us the next step