+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Senior Advice

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Iftikhar123 said:
How long they take to convey us the next step
If the CIC is satisfied with everything, then it could be pretty quick. Otherwise, it is anyone's guess. Since it is already an RQ case, the decision/ oath date could be a bit before 35-month time period, particularly if they decide that a hearing with the citizenship judge is required. I sympathize that the waiting causes a lot of anxiety (I have been through it myself), but as applicants we hardly have any choice but to patiently wait.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ifkikhar,
Firstly, unless you are in a location served by CIC itinerant services (Up North, St-Johns NL, etc.) I've never heard of the CIC handing out Oath letters at the interview, so I wouldn't recommend worrying about your wife not getting one. While the process is changing a bit in response to the new Cit Act, I'm pretty sure it's still standard practice to send an Oath invite in 2-4 months.

If you don't hear anything during that time, your wife's file may have been referred for a hearing with a Citizenship Judge. The CIC will not notify your wife that she is in queue for a citizenship test. The Call Centre can't be relied upon to interpret this accurately either. The way to figure it out is for your wife to
1. order her ATIP notes and
2. contact her MP.
The MP can enquire with CIC and find out whether she is in queue for a CJ hearing. The ATIP notes may show if she's referred to a hearing as well.

Finally, if your wife hasn't updated her Driver's License yet, I recommend she do it ASAP. It probably won't help for citizenship at this point, but it will help if she gets pulled over for any reason. If you're in Ontario she can do it online. It's easy and free.

Iftikhar123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
eileenf said:
Hi Ifkikhar,
Firstly, unless you are in a location served by CIC itinerant services (Up North, St-Johns NL, etc.) I've never heard of the CIC handing out Oath letters at the interview, so I wouldn't recommend worrying about your wife not getting one. While the process is changing a bit in response to the new Cit Act, I'm pretty sure it's still standard practice to send an Oath invite in 2-4 months.

If you don't hear anything during that time, your wife's file may have been referred for a hearing with a Citizenship Judge. The CIC will not notify your wife that she is in queue for a citizenship test. The Call Centre can't be relied upon to interpret this accurately either. The way to figure it out is for your wife to
1. order her ATIP notes and
2. contact her MP.
The MP can enquire with CIC and find out whether she is in queue for a CJ hearing. The ATIP notes may show if she's referred to a hearing as well.

Finally, if your wife hasn't updated her Driver's License yet, I recommend she do it ASAP. It probably won't help for citizenship at this point, but it will help if she gets pulled over for any reason. If you're in Ontario she can do it online. It's easy and free.
How to order ATIP notes please tell me and do i have to pay anything for that and it wont effect my case

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iftikhar, you or your wife can google ATIP CIC and find out how to do it easily.

If one selects the "Privacy Act" option it will be free. If you select the Access to Information Act option, it will be $5. It's the same information either way.

It will not slow down or hurt your application.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
eileenf said:
Iftikhar, you or your wife can google ATIP CIC and find out how to do it easily.

If one selects the "Privacy Act" option it will be free. If you select the Access to Information Act option, it will be $5. It's the same information either way.

It will not slow down or hurt your application.
Hi ,

Could you please shed some light on the difference between ATIP and CBSA records ? Aren't they requested through the same website link ?

Thank you for your time .

Iftikhar123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
informatics said:
Hi ,

Could you please shed some light on the difference between ATIP and CBSA records ? Aren't they requested through the same website link ?

How long it take to get ATIP

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Iftikhar123 said:
It was my relative address also and i had live on this address also in 2011 and because of insurance purpose i didnt change this address do u have any idea how long does it take usually to get the oath or if not what will be the next stage.
In Ontario, "By law, you need to update your driver's licence and vehicle permit within 6 days of a change of address."
https://www.ontario.ca/home-and-community/change-your-address

Didn't change it because of insurance? Meaning, insurance fraud? (Criminal offense)

Not trying to be harsh, but, there's a reason this is under review... Suggest you quickly update all addresses, and maybe things will turn out OK...

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iftikhar123 said:
ANY ONE ELSE CAN PUT LIGHT ON THIS PLEASE
Here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Hi ,

Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) request can be made to different departments not only CIC and CBSA. Full list here: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/contactUs.do?caller=/atip/welcome.do

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
can someone explain difference between ATIP, GMCS notes and FOSS in simple terms.
When we call CIC for update is it added in this notes.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
blueshirt said:
can someone explain difference between ATIP, GMCS notes and FOSS in simple terms.
ATIP= Access to Information and Privacy - when people say "ATIP" they're referring to the process of applying (or application form) for your GCMS notes.

GCMS = Global Case Management System - it's the online system that VOs use to manage your application electronically. There is a physical paper file as well, but if you want to see what comments the VO has made and you don't want to delay your application, you should request a copy of the electronic file. GCMS is has replaced CAIPS, which was mainly used for "outland" applications.

FOSS - is gradually being rolled into GCMS as well, will eventually be one system (not sure what the status is). FOSS is used for CBSA and CIC enforcement, as well as "inland" immigration applications - that used to only refer to family class applications from inside Canada. It won't have information on a CEC application.