+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need NOC help for Pharma QA profile

Sinu

Sep 25, 2019
Hey, i am also M.pharm working in R&D with same confusion of NOC. Did you get any clarifications for NOC for people working in industry?

@Popat
I got your point but disagree. The NOC 3131 also describes the main duties of industrial pharmacists. Look:

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=3131&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

Main duties

Industrial pharmacists perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Participate in research for the development of new drugs (Product development / R&D)
  • Formulate new drug products developed by medical researchers (Product development / R&D)
  • Test new drug products for stability and to determine absorption and elimination patterns (R&D)
  • Co-ordinate clinical investigations of new drugs (RA / R&D)
  • Control the quality of drug products during production to ensure that they meet standards of potency, purity, uniformity, stability and safety (QC)
  • Develop information materials concerning the uses, properties and risks of particular drugs (RA)
  • Evaluate labelling, packaging and advertising of drug products (QA)
  • Promote pharmaceutical products to health professionals.

Summarizing....
NOC 3131 describe main duties of industrial pharmacist
PEBC told me (by email) that it's not necessary evaluate by PEBC if the intention is working as industrial pharmacists.

I haven't understood (really) why industrial pharmacists that prove experience in pharmaceutical companies can't use NOC 3131.

I haven't apply for EE yet, but based in these informations and my experience in industry (10 years) I intend evaluate by IQAS and use NOC 3131....

Please, let me know your point of view... :)

USSJ

Oct 9, 2019
Hi guys, I am currently working as a Product Manager in a pharmaceutical company with my academic background is Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy. I have plan to be licensed pharmacist once I settle down in Canada, already sent Document evaluation to PEBC, and also request ECA. Meanwhile, I will just use my WES report to create EE first and wait for the ECA from PEBC later. Should I go with 3131 or 0124 (Manager in marketing)?
Thanks a lot.
Hi did u get tour reply???

USSJ

Oct 9, 2019
Industrial pharmacist can use NOC 3131, if they performed the duties under 3131.

However, working in the pharmaceutical industry as RA/QA/QC/Product development/R&D (being registered pharmacist or having graduate/undergraduate degree in Pharmacy) doesn't satisfy the requirement of NOC 3131.
i.e. working as QA in pharma industry, I don't check prescription or dispense the product to customers or any other duties mentioned under 3131. Hence, my application would be denied if I submitted application with NOC 3131.

On the other hand, education document evaluation is debatable topic. If you just apply to WES, it should give you equivalency as bachelor's degree. However, If you apply with PEBC, it should give you equivalency as professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession. You will get more CRS points for professional degree compared to bachelor's degree (126 vs 112 with spouse and 135 vs 120 without spouse).

If you education was evaluated as professional degree, you could still claim NOC other than 3131 (provided that your work duties matches the duties under respective NOC other than 3131).

I hope this clarifies.
Hey could you tell me which NOC to choose for Pharmaceutical QA background??N how to get the experience letter standard format??

USSJ

Oct 9, 2019
Just to update everyone,

I used NOC 2141. As I thought this was the close match to my job duties. I also wrote an explanation letter explaining job duties in detail to justify that aligns with job responsibilities mentioned under NOC 2141.
I just received PPR couple of weeks back.
Hey Please tell me how dis u get your experience letter and is there a whatsapp group for pharma qa profile

canaindin

Nov 14, 2019
@Popat just need a piece of information from you. Have you done master in Pharmacy? Your answer will be of great help as my profile matches a lot with you.

GPSGHUMAN

Mar 17, 2019
I got my PR as QA-Food Industry. I used NOC 2211 and it covers Pharmaceutical stuff as well. Please have a look at lead statement and responsibilities as well.

Reactions: Parag0301

Ankitay

Dec 22, 2019
Just to update everyone,

I used NOC 2141. As I thought this was the close match to my job duties. I also wrote an explanation letter explaining job duties in detail to justify that aligns with job responsibilities mentioned under NOC 2141.
Hello can you please guide me for my NOC. I have 3 yeras of experience in IPQA . Responsibilities in 3131 match with my profile but not 70-80% as 3131 consists of activities from QA/QC/R&D.

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Hi,

Which NOC did you use finally for QA? Did you got the PR?
I am also into Pharmaceutical QA and confused with the NOC. Can anyone please help?
Hi

Am in QA too

Did u apply for PR . Which NOC did u use.
Did u explain Why did u use that NOC..?
Can anyone help me in providing a formate of explanation letter.

Thanks

Parag0301

Jul 27, 2020
I got my PR as QA-Food Industry. I used NOC 2211 and it covers Pharmaceutical stuff as well. Please have a look at lead statement and responsibilities as well.

Hello I m working in clinical research organization-QA and i am also thinking to apply in NOC 2211 so would it be ok for me. I have more than 10 years of experience. Thanks if u can contact in my mail id then it would be highly appreciated. deepa13386@gmail.com

Thank in advance.

Wajeeha05

Dec 14, 2020
@Popat
I got your point but disagree. The NOC 3131 also describes the main duties of industrial pharmacists. Look:

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=3131&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

Main duties

Industrial pharmacists perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Participate in research for the development of new drugs (Product development / R&D)
  • Formulate new drug products developed by medical researchers (Product development / R&D)
  • Test new drug products for stability and to determine absorption and elimination patterns (R&D)
  • Co-ordinate clinical investigations of new drugs (RA / R&D)
  • Control the quality of drug products during production to ensure that they meet standards of potency, purity, uniformity, stability and safety (QC)
  • Develop information materials concerning the uses, properties and risks of particular drugs (RA)
  • Evaluate labelling, packaging and advertising of drug products (QA)
  • Promote pharmaceutical products to health professionals.

Summarizing....
NOC 3131 describe main duties of industrial pharmacist
PEBC told me (by email) that it's not necessary evaluate by PEBC if the intention is working as industrial pharmacists.

I haven't understood (really) why industrial pharmacists that prove experience in pharmaceutical companies can't use NOC 3131.

I haven't apply for EE yet, but based in these informations and my experience in industry (10 years) I intend evaluate by IQAS and use NOC 3131....

Please, let me know your point of view... :)
Hello......which noc did u used

KISHOREE

Jun 30, 2023
Just to update everyone,

Hi I am Kishoree, in same stage for choosing NOC now (Pharma QA). Could you please share if possible your LOE for reference?