+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need information I left aslyum USA now I am refugee in canda can any bad affect my hearing interview

Hamnaali

May 12, 2018
I was apply aslyum in USA 2014 I was appear in interview but my decision was pending in USA ,2017 when Trump become priminster my husbnd is undocumented in USA and move canda he claim refugee in canda than I left aslyum in USA and through bufallo Viva la casa I make claim refugee in canda now I am refugee in canda than my case is combine with husband case now I am main applicant can any bad affect my coming hearing date I left aslyum USA ,

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Yes, absolutely can have a negative effect. What that could be or what it might do to your application is completely up to IRCC. Just be prepared that there could be negative consequences to the actions you took by abandoning your previous refugee claim in the US.

Hamnaali

May 12, 2018
What will be negative affect my case will not accept my life is in danger my native country also my husband life is not safe in my native country we have proof our life is dangerous in our native country my husband was not status in USA therefore he move canda and make refugee claim and there fore i also left aslyum in USA because my kids .me cannot live without husband we have proof our life is not safe our native country

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
What will be negative affect my case will not accept my life is in danger my native country also my husband life is not safe in my native country we have proof our life is dangerous in our native country my husband was not status in USA therefore he move canda and make refugee claim and there fore i also left aslyum in USA because my kids .me cannot live without husband we have proof our life is not safe our native country
Your problem is that abandoning one "safe country" to go to another "safe country" is difficult to justify. Was your husband already undocumented in the USA when you met him and decided to marry? Were you already together when you decided to apply for asylum in the USA? Why did your husband not apply for asylum in the USA?

Reactions: itzdrmac

Hamnaali

May 12, 2018
Mu husband was married in USA when he did visit native country ,my parents did my Islamic marriage, in Islam men can do 2 or three marriage my parents did my Islamic marriage than when my husband was in Pak some person attack on him he was injured than my husbnd did not visit nativecountry again and after three year later some person attack on me and my head was badly injured then my husband divoce wife in USA ,my life is not safe I apply visit veeza in USA and claim aslyum in USA when Trump bcame president my husbnd was worried he is undoucumente in USA he has fear he will send back to native country than he cross boder illegaly and detain in canda make refugee claim he was in detantaion center in canda I fully dependant on my husband also my kids therefore I left slyum USA and through vivalacasa I make refugee claim what

Hamnaali

May 12, 2018
Our life is not safe in native country we have proof our life is dangour why canda offer if person blood relation in canda my husband was in detention center my kids was worried therefore I left aslyum in USA

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Mu husband was married in USA when he did visit native country ,my parents did my Islamic marriage, in Islam men can do 2 or three marriage my parents did my Islamic marriage than when my husband was in Pak some person attack on him he was injured than my husbnd did not visit nativecountry again and after three year later some person attack on me and my head was badly injured then my husband divoce wife in USA ,my life is not safe I apply visit veeza in USA and claim aslyum in USA when Trump bcame president my husbnd was worried he is undoucumente in USA he has fear he will send back to native country than he cross boder illegaly and detain in canda make refugee claim he was in detantaion center in canda I fully dependant on my husband also my kids therefore I left slyum USA and through vivalacasa I make refugee claim what
OK, here is the first problem. If your "husband" was already married in the USA and then married you as well, your marriage will NOT be recognized in Canada. Multiple spouses are not permitted under Canadian law and only the first wife would be accepted. It doesn't make any difference if he later divorced his legal wife. So, you are not legally married under Canadian law.

Reactions: Buletruck

Hamnaali

May 12, 2018
First my marriage is Islamic than my parents did my marriage in our native country legally I am legally wife , my marriage is registered our native country parents did marriage when I make refugee claim in canda through viva lacasa I did interview boderofficer my husband in detntation center in canda and immgration officer take my interview and also did interview my husbnd on phone when interview was complete imggration officer give me refugee form I filled than I enter in canda

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
First my marriage is Islamic than my parents did my marriage in our native country legally I am legally wife , my marriage is registered our native country parents did marriage when I make refugee claim in canda through viva lacasa I did interview boderofficer my husband in detntation center in canda and immgration officer take my interview and also did interview my husbnd on phone when interview was complete imggration officer give me refugee form I filled than I enter in canda
I'm sorry, but the fact that multiple spouses may be allowed under Islamic tradition makes absolutely no difference. If your husband was already married to someone else when he "married" you, then Canada doesn't recognise your marriage as valid.

You may still be considered as "common law partners" however.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/legality.html#polygamy

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There is a definite possibility IRCC won’t consider him your spouse due to his other marriage. Is he still being detained?
Regardless of this, if your claim is denied, you and/or your husband will be sent back to Pakistan. You won’t be allowed to return to the US.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Seems unclear whether they have lived to gather for one year continuously so not sure whether they are even common law. Surprised this woman and a child got a US visa since it doesn't seem like she is employed and her husband is an undocumented immigrant. Did you ever try moving to another part of Pakistan?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Another question about your Islamic wedding. Were both of you physically present during the ceremony? If your "husband" was undocumented in the USA, how did he get to the wedding and then back to the USA?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/legality.html#notPhysicallyPresent

Last edited:

Hamnaali

May 12, 2018
In USA lot of people do marriage and he was travell in paroll USa court give permission to travell I don't know more about history my husband before marriage my parents did my marriage yes he was physically present my marriage is registered and when I was attack in my native country and my head was injured than I try got USA visting veeza some relative friend sponser me because my life is not safe in native country when I enter USA I apply political aslyum ,our life is not safe in native country I left aslyum USA only my husband was in dentation center in canda ,my kids and me totally dependant on husband kids cannot live without father than through vivalacasa I got appointment at boder and boder officer take my long interview and give permission u r eligible for refugee claim and when I enter canda than after one month later court judge release my husband in dentetaion center our life is not safe in native country we have proof even USA my husband was also attack when he was working in store some thief enter store attack on my husband we have proof also USA attack and our native country attack ur question is yes I was move another part of native country than my life is not safe native country

Hamnaali

May 12, 2018
I know if our claim is denied we will sent back to the native country, not USA i know I left aslyum USA and I cannot enter USA but we have proof our life is in dangour ho thanks for information