+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help!

CanadaPR0012

Apr 18, 2014
Hi Friends,

I think I did a big mistake and I really need help now. :'(
An year ago I applied for PR under CEC and my application has been refused. :(. Few months ago I have applied for PR again and received my AOR. Now my WP is going to expire in 2 months so 4 days ago I applied for BOWP.
So here is the problem - IMM5710E has the following question:
"Have you ever been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"
I answered "No" because I thought that this question is about something illegal which I could did in the past, but now I understand that this question probably includes PR Visa as well. What should I do now? Could it be interpreted as lie in application?
Don't know what to do. Should and/or can I fix it and how?
:-[

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
Hi
I think you can update the form and resend it to CEC with a cover letter explaining the mistake and request them to disregard previous form and use this one for processing your case
Rest others will also guide you with there opinion

CanadaPR0012

Apr 18, 2014
Capricorn2012 said:
Hi
I think you can update the form and resend it to CEC with a cover letter explaining the mistake and request them to disregard previous form and use this one for processing your case
Rest others will also guide you with there opinion
Hi Capricorn2012,

Thanks a lot for your answer. But FAQ on CIC site states that I cannot send additional documents once application has been submitted. The only option is to ask for application withdrawal and Visa Officer will decide if it can be withdrawn. But if I'll try to cancel my application can it affect my further bowp application after I resubmit it? Is PR application refusal is considered as visa or admission refusal?

Thanks.

kaka123

Dec 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
3-05-2014
CanadaPR0012 said:
Hi Capricorn2012,

Thanks a lot for your answer. But FAQ on CIC site states that I cannot send additional documents once application has been submitted. The only option is to ask for application withdrawal and Visa Officer will decide if it can be withdrawn. But if I'll try to cancel my application can it affect my further bowp application after I resubmit it? Is PR application refusal is considered as visa or admission refusal?

Thanks.
you can always send updated form. i did that in my application after submission and AOR received. Just send an updated form and cover letter they will accept it.

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
CanadaPR0012 said:
Hi Capricorn2012,

Thanks.
You can always update your file by sending documents if you catch a mistake before visa officer does that
Try to write a cover letter explaining this situation and requesting them to correct the mistake you did in the previous form and use this one instead
I am sure it should be ok
Good luck

CanadaPR0012

Apr 18, 2014
Capricorn2012, kaka123 thanks friends, really appreciate your help.
Could you guide me how to write good cover letter in regards to my case. I hope I'm not asking to much.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
But wasn't your original answer technically correct? You were never refused a visa (permission to enter), and you were never ordered to leave.

CanadaPR0012

Apr 18, 2014
LPS said:
But wasn't your original answer technically correct? You were never refused a visa (permission to enter), and you were never ordered to leave.
Technically, I never applied for visa in Canada (I'm from visa exempt country) and I never ordered to leave, but my concern is that they asking for "visa of any kind" and technically PR application is also application for permanent resident visa.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
CanadaPR0012 said:
Technically, I never applied for visa in Canada (I'm from visa exempt country) and I never ordered to leave, but my concern is that they asking for "visa of any kind" and technically PR application is also application for permanent resident visa.
It's not really a visa, as the confirmation of permanent residence does not authorise entry on its own. It's similar to a work permit in this aspect. Those who aren't from visa-exempt countries still need the visa to come in.

Now, if the question had asked something like 'Have you been refused any kind of immigration document?', then I would be convinced, but this is specifically about being refused entry, and/or being ordered to leave.

If your PR application fails, then it does not deprive you of the right to enter or stay in Canada.

Of course - if there is any doubt, call the CIC call centre, this is a common question and they can give you a straight answer, and you don't have to identify yourself.

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
From
Personal experience
I was refused CEC first time last year in July and reapplied in August
I got my immigration second time within 7 months
But in this question I did mention my CEC was refused first time and I had added my file number from previous application. I explained the reason of refusal in the cover letter
I am hoping you did explain the reason for refusal in your cover letter at the time of your second application

CanadaPR0012

Apr 18, 2014
LPS thanks, that was my opinion too. Unfortunately I don't trust CIC reps, it happens that they provide incorrect info.

Capricom2012 thanks, I did mention first refusal in my second CEC application but in CEC application the question clearly mentioned "refusal of permanent resident visa".

CanadaPR0012

Apr 18, 2014
According to glossary from CIC site Visa is:
An official counterfoil document issued by a visa office abroad that is placed in a person's passport to show that he or she has met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (a visitor, student or worker). A counterfoil is a specially designed sticker on which missions abroad print visa information.
Canadian visas include:

temporary resident visas (sometimes called visitor visas) and
permanent resident visas.
At missions abroad, controlled documents are comprised of counterfoils and seals, which are issued together as a visa. Counterfoils are the documents on which missions print visa information. Seals are documents that are affixed over counterfoils when they are placed in an applicant's passport to prevent tampering.
Permanent resident visa:
A document issued by a CIC visa office overseas to a foreign national. It allows that person to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident.
It doesnt seems like it apply to me because I never applied for Canadian Visa and as citizen of visa-exempt country I don't need one. Now I'm really confused, should I try to amend it or not. :(

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Yes that was my thinking as well. People often use the terms 'visa', 'permit', 'confirmation of permanent residence' interchangeably but it is important to know the differences between them.

I'm not a lawyer, but, it seems that visas are most likely to be refused for admissibility problems (criminality, breaching conditions, etc), whereas a PR or work permit application can fail for some reason that has nothing to do with your character, for example because a quota ran out. This should not be a black mark on your record.

I don't know that there's even a way to amend a work permit application in progress?

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
I think you can leave it as is bcoz at the end of the day- VO working on your BOWP application needs to see whether u have a valid AOR or not
And you do have an AOR so just leave it as is and stay positive
Good luck Dude

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
CanadaPR0012 said:
Capricorn2012, kaka123 thanks friends, really appreciate your help.
Could you guide me how to write good cover letter in regards to my case. I hope I'm not asking to much.
This is my explanation letter hope this help.

Date: March 28, 2014

Surname:
Given Name:
DOB:
UCI:
Application No.:
Type of Application: Economic Class - Canadian Experience Class
AOR Date:

Dear Visa Officer,

This is with reference to my application for permanent residence under Canadian Experience Class (CEC). I have received my AOR dated ___________. As I mentioned in my application that I was working as a full time employee at XXXXXXXXXXX, at the location of _______ in the capacity of XXXXXXXXXXX under NOC XXXX. However, at the same time I was also working on part time basis at another location of XXXXXXXXXXXXX at ________. I was doing this part time job on average 10 hours a week other than my full time job. When I was filing my application I have mention about my full time job as a XXXXXXXXXXXXX. However, I missed out mentioning my part time job at XXXXXXXXXXX.

I have informed CIC helpline agent about the said matter. The agent had advised me to send the updated Schedule A and Schedule 8 forms to CPC Ottawa office. Enclosed are the updated schedule A and schedule 8 forms along with the following supporting documents:

• Paystubs for my part time job
• Notice of Assessment
• Reference letter from employer
• T4 for my part time job

You are kindly requested to update the information. Please contact me incase of any further required information.

Yours truly,

XXXXXXXXXXX