+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help.

RanaI

Oct 19, 2008
Hello,

I finished my four years graduation here in Canada. And now I want to apply for PR. I have approx. one and half years job experience as an Admin officer from back home. I have worked nine months after the graduation and currently I am doing an online certificate course and don’t have any job. After I finished the self-assessment test I came out with 73 points. So, I was wondering if I apply under the skilled worker category without any job offer, am I going to be refused.

I would really appreciate if anyone can shed some light. Thanks very much.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skilled worker is going through changes right now. New rules will be posted soon. Might be tied to certain occupations only. Either wait for new rules and then see or get a job offer and see if you can apply through PNP or work for a year and apply through CEC.

RanaI

Oct 19, 2008
Thanks for the reply Leon. Yeah sure thing, I can wait. But also can I get a job offer without the work permit?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't get a work permit without a job offer. First you get the job offer, then your employer takes care of the labour market opinion and work permit, then you can come and work.

Or if you are applying for skilled worker, then you need a job offer and an arranged employment opinion to send with your application to speed it up.

New Horison

Star Member
Sep 13, 2008
Leon,

Do FSWs have to send both the AEO confirmed by HRSDC and the letter of JOB OFFER of the employer as well in the application?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Hi
Why are you not going through CEC or the PNP of the province you graduated in under the International Graduate category.It seems so much simpler????

RanaI

Oct 19, 2008
Leon,

So, I need a job offer to speed things up, but I can still apply without a job offer, right?

BCguy,

Well there’s another story. After I got the job, they never handed me the employment agreement paper until about three months after I started. As a result I was late applying for post-grad work permit. And eventually I was rejected when I applied after one month later of the deadline. So, I think the nine months experience won’t count as legit, and I can’t apply through CEC. As for PNP, I think I need a job offer to be eligible. It looks like skilled worker category is my only option.

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
Permanent residency for Canada

Hi Friends,
I am a Chartered accountant working with one of the BIG 4 froml ast 2 years, looking for PR in Canada. My wife is also in Hedge fund accounting holding rich experience of around 4 years in her field, Masters in Finance and control in profession. 1) Who should become Primary appicant

2) The question want to ask whether I will get PR without any hick ups and with in what time frame. Actually I am getting confused becuase some says it will take around 5 to 6 years to get a PR and others says now it will done with 1 to 1.5 years.

3) If it takes 5 to 6 years then I will look forward to Australia, where PR takes 1 to 1.5 yars under worst cases.

Thanks in advance,
Manish

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Since you are both accountants and accountants are on the most wanted list, either of you could be the primary applicant. Tally up your points by doing the self assessment and pick the one as primary applicant who has more. Having more points will not make your application faster but if one of you is very close to 67 and you have mis-calculated somewhere, it's less of a risk that you will end up with under 67 and be refused.

2) As long as you qualify, there shouldn't be any hiccups but the new system is still having some problems. You can look for timelines at trackitt.com The 5-6 years was under the old system. The goal for the new one was 6-12 months but they have not reached that yet. Expect something closer to 12-18 months.

3) Or you could apply for both and take whichever you get faster.