+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with work hours and certificate of qualification discrepancies

zaki100

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hi
my case is that i graduated from a diploma program as an Industrial heavy equipment tech(NAIT). i then got hired after my studies on a post graduate work permit(PGWP). after working for 2.5yrs i have now received my journeyman certificate(certificate of qualification). after entering my hours to the apprenticeship board. now will my past 2years of work experience be recognized as Canadian work experience for CEC or will they be recognized as part of my study program(coop). note my work permit was pgwp but my hours were entered in to the Alberta apprenticeship and i just got my certificate of qualification this January.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
zaki100 said:
Hi
my case is that i graduated from a diploma program as an Industrial heavy equipment tech(NAIT). i then got hired after my studies on a post graduate work permit(PGWP). after working for 2.5yrs i have now received my journeyman certificate(certificate of qualification). after entering my hours to the apprenticeship board. now will my past 2years of work experience be recognized as Canadian work experience for CEC or will they be recognized as part of my study program(coop). note my work permit was pgwp but my hours were entered in to the Alberta apprenticeship and i just got my certificate of qualification this January.
It's very simple.. Experience gained while on a PGWP is not part of the study program. That's why it's a Post Graduate WP.

zaki100

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
thanks zardos, seeing that ur a VIP member with a thousand stars, ill take ur word for it. but what stream do u think is best for me to apply through. my EE profile says i am eligible for all.
My journeyman certificate is also issued by the Alberta government, so it is a certificate of qualification eyyhh?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
zaki100 said:
thanks zardos, seeing that ur a VIP member with a thousand stars, ill take ur word for it. but what stream do u think is best for me to apply through. my EE profile says i am eligible for all.
My journeyman certificate is also issued by the Alberta government, so it is a certificate of qualification eyyhh?
I would have thought that with that much experience, CEC would be the logical choice. However, let's see what others think that have been through the process.