+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with showing work experience for Express Entry.

adesai21

Oct 16, 2018
Canada
Hi, I started working at my current company in Feb 2017 as a co-op and graduated in June 2017. Then waited for my graduation letters, etc. and applied for the Post-graduate work permit at the end of July 2017 and received my work permit in Oct 2017.

However, I was working at this place after my graduation and before I applied for a post-graduate work permit. Meanwhile, I did had a student work permit which allowed students to work part-time during the academic term and full-time during the academic breaks. So, will that have an effect on my application?

And since what month should I show that I started working here?

adesai21

Oct 16, 2018
Canada
Hi, I started working at my current company in Feb 2017 as a co-op and graduated in June 2017. Then waited for my graduation letters, etc. and applied for the Post-graduate work permit at the end of July 2017 and received my work permit in Oct 2017.

However, I was working at this place after my graduation and before I applied for a post-graduate work permit. Meanwhile, I did had a student work permit which allowed students to work part-time during the academic term and full-time during the academic breaks. So, will that have an effect on my application?

And since what month should I show that I started working here?

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
I don't think that IRCC would count your work done during the study permit towards the work experience. They might count the experience gained post-graduation date even if you didn't get the PGWP at that stage. I suppose during this period you were in a transition from the study permit to PGWP so IRCC may count it towards your work experience.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
If the work experience was gained inside Canada while on a student permit/visa, then it cannot be counted towards work experience points.