+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help with NOC Code

itsshyam007

Jan 25, 2021
Can anyone please confirm which NOC code does the below jobs and responsibilities match to

1.Performing the Requirement analysis using the functionality and mapping documents provided, identifying
the critical components to be tested and designing the test cases based on it.
2.Testing and reviewing all the components through different testing cycles like Functional Testing,
Integration testing, Regression Testing, System testing in both the SIT and Production Environments
3.Revisiting the logic given for the columns are properly set in the infomatica mapping as per the
requirement stated
4.Ensuring that the format and the data generated by Business Objects reports are in sync with the
requirement templates
5.Ensuring that all the team members are given the Knowledge transition before allocating the task
6.Responsible for successful completion of all stages of project lifecycle.
7.Involved in technical discussions regarding the defects and enhancement activities with Business Analyst
(BA).
8.Ensured all the defects are fixed by setting up a communication with the developers and clients.
9.Ensured that Release process guidelines and Testing standards are met.
10.Did exhaustive Design, Code reviews as well defect root analysis and resolution.
11.Ensured zero open defects in all the project deliverables.
12.Providing Testing Support to UAT team during Acceptance Testing
13.Performing data analysis on existing production data and identifying gaps in order to fix the issues
14.Performing several Automated testing in order to save time on execution timeline and reduce the UAT
effort

itsshyam007

Jan 25, 2021
Thanks NOC98 for your reply . I actually took a look at NOC 2171 and it looked like more of a lead role and NOC2283 looked to be only of QA Testing role .But as per my experience since I had performed a mix of Data Analyst along with QA testing I was hoping if I would fit into 2174 NOC . Not sure though if my understanding is right here

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks NOC98 for your reply . I actually took a look at NOC 2171 and it looked like more of a lead role and NOC2283 looked to be only of QA Testing role .But as per my experience since I had performed a mix of Data Analyst along with QA testing I was hoping if I would fit into 2174 NOC . Not sure though if my understanding is right here
Choose which NOC suits your responsibilities best. The more matches you have, then even better.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's definitely not 2174. NOC 2174 is computer programmer. I would go with 2171 or 2283.

itsshyam007

Jan 25, 2021
Hi All,

I have a scenario now wherein in the Pre ITA I had used this NOC code 2174 for the EE Profile for the above roles and responsibilities mentioned and this infact this was for my previous job and not the current one . But now after getting to know that my job duties are not matching with the NOC i used . I am unsure if i can make a change on the NOC Code in the EE Profile . Could you please help me confirm if the change can be done and whats the process i need to follow . I am not that well versed in the EE Process so any guidance will help. Also could you suggest me if NOC 2283 works for the above roles and responsibilities i mentioned instead of the NOC 2174

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi All,

I have a scenario now wherein in the Pre ITA I had used this NOC code 2174 for the EE Profile for the above roles and responsibilities mentioned and this infact this was for my previous job and not the current one . But now after getting to know that my job duties are not matching with the NOC i used . I am unsure if i can make a change on the NOC Code in the EE Profile . Could you please help me confirm if the change can be done and whats the process i need to follow . I am not that well versed in the EE Process so any guidance will help. Also could you suggest me if NOC 2283 works for the above roles and responsibilities i mentioned instead of the NOC 2174
Try searching for posts related to this. If IRCC determines that your role doesn’t match the NOC you picked, it can go two ways: 1) rejected due to NOC mismatch or 2) you’ll get a procedural fairness letter asking you to justify the NOC you picked.

EDIT:

You can find these links useful:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wrong-noc-after-aor-urgent.576745/#post-8654849
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/closed-wp-noc-vs-pr-noc.596004/page-2
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/change-of-noc-code-after-ita.277049/post-8816111

Last edited:

itsshyam007

Jan 25, 2021
@NOC98 - thanks for you reply . In my work permit for my current job it was mentioned under 2171 category .I was thinking since my previous experience was of a junior rule and not as a Lead i changed the NOC of my previous job to 2174 instead of 2171 as the latter was for more of a senior role . As of now i still haven't submitted my application in the EE profile after receiving an ITA . In this case is it possible to change the NOC for my previous job and then mentioning it in the LOE or rather remove that experience of my previous job and move it to work history as anyhow i have an overall experience of 3+ years even without the job where i have this NOC confusion. Appreciate your thoughts

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
If you’re not claiming points for it or your score is still above cut off without the experience, then remove it. Less headache for you.

if your WP NOC says 2171, and your roles and responsibilities in your ref letter matches the one in your wp application, it’ll best to use 2171.

Reactions: Miracle2018

itsshyam007

Jan 25, 2021
Hi @NOC98/All ,

I am thinking to give the NOC for my previous job as well to 2171 and have rephrased my roles and responsibilities accordingly
. While submitting my application i am thinking to provide an LOE to explain the wrong choice of the NOC Code . Could you please confirm if the below roles and responsibilities match with NOC 2171

• Confer with clients to identify and document requirements

• Perform Analysis on existing data to identify gaps or enhancements

• Understand and analyze business, functional and design requirements and prepare Requirement Traceability matrix, Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Cases

• Executed planned test cases and raise defects

• Testing and reviewing all the components through different testing cycles like Functional Testing, Integration testing, Regression Testing, System testing in both SIT and Production Environments

• Drive all phases of STLC from Test Planning to Defect Tracking and managing defects’ life cycle.

• Participate in entire Project lifecycle from Design to Maintenance.

• Ensuring quality assurance measures, release process guidelines and testing standards are met
• Managing the Testing team and assigning tasks, monitoring the progress to ensure that the tasks are being completed in a timely manner

• Prepare Test Summary Report

• Provide Support to the UAT Team during acceptance Testing

Reactions: Miracle2018