+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with a few questions regarding the visa application.

casit

May 31, 2021
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
AUD
Hi, I'm from Pakistan and I've been accepted at Memorial University of Newfoundland for undergraduate in Computer Science. I'm starting my visa process soon, and I need to ask a few questions regarding the process. I'll go straight to the questions, sorry for the overload in advance.

In the IMM1294 form, in the "DETAILS OF INTENDED STUDY IN CANADA" section they ask us about the the cost of tuition, rent and board and other expenses. Are they asking us about the annual or total expenses, and I know the exact tuition but how will I know the rent and other expenses?
In the next part of the same section they ask us about the "Total funds available for my stay", which funds are they talking about in this question, because the total funds available to me right now are just my first year tuition and $10,000.

Another question that I have is regarding proof of my financial status and ties to my home country. My parents' salary, on papers, is enough to afford my tuition and living expenses in Canada but realistically majority of it is spent on living expenses, with minimal savings, so should I include my parents' salary slips to make my application stronger or it's no use. Furthermore my dad just owns one property, that we live in, so should I include the property documents too? I won't be attaching any bank statements as there won't be any funds available in the bank after paying my tuition and GIC since I'm applying through SDS.
Also I would love some suggestions about proving my ties with home country, I was thinking about including in my SOP that I want to start the largest tech company in based in Pakistan.

I also have a question regarding the "SOP" or "Study Plan". I've seen people recommending others to write a number of pages, with topics including your travel history, etc. However, the Visa Office instructions tell us to write one page about the topics mentioned. So should I follow the visa office strictly or do what people say? Also, in my SOP can I include that I'm interested in research and want to do my post graduate from a top school in the US, like Stanford?

Lastly, do I need a Police clearance certificate, I can't find it in my visa office instructions but I think I heard somewhere that it's needed, I might me wrong.

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Hi, I'm from Pakistan and I've been accepted at Memorial University of Newfoundland for undergraduate in Computer Science. I'm starting my visa process soon, and I need to ask a few questions regarding the process. I'll go straight to the questions, sorry for the overload in advance.

In the IMM1294 form, in the "DETAILS OF INTENDED STUDY IN CANADA" section they ask us about the the cost of tuition, rent and board and other expenses. Are they asking us about the annual or total expenses, and I know the exact tuition but how will I know the rent and other expenses?
In the next part of the same section they ask us about the "Total funds available for my stay", which funds are they talking about in this question, because the total funds available to me right now are just my first year tuition and $10,000.

Another question that I have is regarding proof of my financial status and ties to my home country. My parents' salary, on papers, is enough to afford my tuition and living expenses in Canada but realistically majority of it is spent on living expenses, with minimal savings, so should I include my parents' salary slips to make my application stronger or it's no use. Furthermore my dad just owns one property, that we live in, so should I include the property documents too? I won't be attaching any bank statements as there won't be any funds available in the bank after paying my tuition and GIC since I'm applying through SDS.
Also I would love some suggestions about proving my ties with home country, I was thinking about including in my SOP that I want to start the largest tech company in based in Pakistan.

I also have a question regarding the "SOP" or "Study Plan". I've seen people recommending others to write a number of pages, with topics including your travel history, etc. However, the Visa Office instructions tell us to write one page about the topics mentioned. So should I follow the visa office strictly or do what people say? Also, in my SOP can I include that I'm interested in research and want to do my post graduate from a top school in the US, like Stanford?

Lastly, do I need a Police clearance certificate, I can't find it in my visa office instructions but I think I heard somewhere that it's needed, I might me wrong.
I cant answer all your questions but I can try my best to help. The "Details of intended study" you need to put the cost of tuition for the full study program, as well as how much you assume rent to be, at the time I put rent and board at around 20,000 and explained this in my SOP that rent was about 12,000 a year and board a further 8,000. I also justified this in the SOP with the available funds that I have, I had about 100,000 CAD at my disposal (family money) that I could use if I needed it. I also included a signed letter from my dad stating that he is willing to pay for my living expenses and for my tuition. (I also included his bank statements.) I said that as ties in my home country, I have all my family there and that I worked in a field related to my field of study for three years.

Unfortunately I won't be able to answer the last part of your question, I hope this helps somewhat. Good Luck!

Reactions: casit

casit

May 31, 2021
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
AUD
I cant answer all your questions but I can try my best to help. The "Details of intended study" you need to put the cost of tuition for the full study program, as well as how much you assume rent to be, at the time I put rent and board at around 20,000 and explained this in my SOP that rent was about 12,000 a year and board a further 8,000. I also justified this in the SOP with the available funds that I have, I had about 100,000 CAD at my disposal (family money) that I could use if I needed it. I also included a signed letter from my dad stating that he is willing to pay for my living expenses and for my tuition. (I also included his bank statements.) I said that as ties in my home country, I have all my family there and that I worked in a field related to my field of study for three years.

Unfortunately I won't be able to answer the last part of your question, I hope this helps somewhat. Good Luck!
Thank you for replying, was the $20,000 rent and board for one year or more? And was the $100,000 liquid money, or in form of properties and assets?
And do I really need a letter if my parents are sponsoring me, considering that I'm going for Bachelors and I'm dependent on my parents?

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Thank you for replying, was the $20,000 rent and board for one year or more? And was the $100,000 liquid money, or in form of properties and assets?
And do I really need a letter if my parents are sponsoring me, considering that I'm going for Bachelors and I'm dependent on my parents?
20,000 was one year rent and board, not even including the tuition. The 100,000 was cash in a bank, it wasn't any properties or assets. If the parents are assisting you in anyway paying for rent/food/tuition etc then you should include a letter. You don't have too but it adds a lot of strong ties if you can prove this.

Last edited:
Reactions: casit