+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help to become family asylum seekers / refugees

agungsusanto

Feb 24, 2019
indonesia
hi,
i life in jakarta indonesia, im 37 years old, have a wife (30years old) and a 6 years old daughter.
im a chinese indonesian, and we are all baptist catholic. so it can say that im a minority.
my wife has a small food kiosk. and im selling items at e-commerce.

i really afraid almost all the time when going to sunday church because om bombing. im also afraid about the racism in here to chinese people.
when 1998 , 2 of my father office is burnt, and it still really inside my mind and very annoying. plus AHOK cases,
Meiliana cases,
https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2018/08/23/the-meiliana-case-how-a-noise-complaint-resulted-in-an-18-month-jail-sentence.html
and i cant speak what i really feel, and afraid for wrong speaking in my daily life because it will make me go to prison. its make me like an unfree human being.
also, Blasphemy law in Indonesia is very unfair with the minority. goverments dont care about minority ( race and religion ).
this is also some other cases :
https://coconuts.co/jakarta/news/villagers-indonesias-mojokerto-force-relocation-christians-grave-muslim-cemetery/

https://coconuts.co/jakarta/news/wooden-cross-grave-marker-sawed-off-jogjakarta-amid-request-muslim-residents/
until today, me and my family dont feel like a free people in our country, so we seek a help so we can be a canadian refugees. and also can work and start a new life in there.

this is also update from my experience.
me and my family feel really danger. a week ago unknown guys knocking at my front door, and my child feel very afraid of them and she cover with a bancket. it all recorded in my cctv, and i tried to go to police office to seek a help, and they refused it ( as i believe it because i dont give a money and im a chinese ). so i think that my country cant protect me as a citizen, me and my family really want a peacefull life. im afraid they will back again everyday , or do something bad to my family. i dont have any enemy right now, so this is strange.

so my reason to need help is :
- discrimination in race an religion
- discrimination in police and law
- discrimination in free of speaking

please help us and reply us as soon as possible . really thank you for you time. and so sorry if my english is not so good.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi,
i life in jakarta indonesia, im 37 years old, have a wife (30years old) and a 6 years old daughter.
im a chinese indonesian, and we are all baptist catholic. so it can say that im a minority.
my wife has a small food kiosk. and im selling items at e-commerce.

i really afraid almost all the time when going to sunday church because om bombing. im also afraid about the racism in here to chinese people.
when 1998 , 2 of my father office is burnt, and it still really inside my mind and very annoying. plus AHOK cases,
Meiliana cases,
https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2018/08/23/the-meiliana-case-how-a-noise-complaint-resulted-in-an-18-month-jail-sentence.html
and i cant speak what i really feel, and afraid for wrong speaking in my daily life because it will make me go to prison. its make me like an unfree human being.
also, Blasphemy law in Indonesia is very unfair with the minority. goverments dont care about minority ( race and religion ).
this is also some other cases :
https://coconuts.co/jakarta/news/villagers-indonesias-mojokerto-force-relocation-christians-grave-muslim-cemetery/

https://coconuts.co/jakarta/news/wooden-cross-grave-marker-sawed-off-jogjakarta-amid-request-muslim-residents/
until today, me and my family dont feel like a free people in our country, so we seek a help so we can be a canadian refugees. and also can work and start a new life in there.

this is also update from my experience.
me and my family feel really danger. a week ago unknown guys knocking at my front door, and my child feel very afraid of them and she cover with a bancket. it all recorded in my cctv, and i tried to go to police office to seek a help, and they refused it ( as i believe it because i dont give a money and im a chinese ). so i think that my country cant protect me as a citizen, me and my family really want a peacefull life. im afraid they will back again everyday , or do something bad to my family. i dont have any enemy right now, so this is strange.

so my reason to need help is :
- discrimination in race an religion
- discrimination in police and law
- discrimination in free of speaking

please help us and reply us as soon as possible . really thank you for you time. and so sorry if my english is not so good.
You cannot apply for asylum from Indonesia.

You have two choices if you want to try to come to Canada as asylum seekers. You must either leave Indonesia and move to a different country once you are in that different country, you must then be officially recognized as refugees by UNHCR. UNHCR will then decide where you are going to live.

Or you must obtain TRVs (tourist visas) for Canada, travel to Canada and then claim asylum once you have arrived here.

Reactions: agungsusanto

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Having spent many years in Indonesia and being married to an Indonesian Muslim, your claim of religious intolerance would probably be rejected. As a Christian, you belong to one of the 5 religions officially recognized by the government and the constitution. While there are radical groups that do occasionally persecute christians, the government offers reasonable protection to them and the significant Muslim religious groups (NU and MUi) denounce any sort of religious intolerance, a claim would be difficult to back up. Add to that the option for internal flight alternative (Bali is 90% Hindu or Papua 90% Christian) you have alternate options. Jakarta itself is a relatively tolerant city (apart from typical political, police and military corruption that affects everyone) and again, efforts are made to protect christians. Being Chinese-Indonesian has little meaning. There are significant Chinese- Indonesian communities across the country (Surabaya comes to mind).
The Ahok case is widely viewed as a political situation and bad judgement on Ahoks part during his speech. The fact he has been both deputy governor and governor of Jakarta will work against your claim. And his running mate is now president of the country (a Muslim), so no discrimination there.
Honestly, you would be better off to apply to immigrate. Your chances are significantly better as a family.

Last edited:

agungsusanto

Feb 24, 2019
indonesia
Having spent many years in Indonesia and being married to an Indonesian Muslim, your claim of religious intolerance would probably be rejected. As a Christian, you belong to one of the 5 religions officially recognized by the government and the constitution. While there are radical groups that do occasionally persecute christians, the government offers reasonable protection to them and the significant Muslim religious groups (NU and MUi) denounce any sort of religious intolerance, a claim would be difficult to back up. Add to that the option for internal flight alternative (Bali is 90% Hindu or Papua 90% Christian) you have alternate options. Jakarta itself is a relatively tolerant city (apart from typical political, police and military corruption that affects everyone) and again, efforts are made to protect christians. Being Chinese-Indonesian has little meaning. There are significant Chinese- Indonesian communities across the country (Surabaya comes to mind).
The Ahok case is widely viewed as a political situation and bad judgement on Ahoks part during his speech. The fact he has been both deputy governor and governor of Jakarta will work against your claim. And his running mate is now president of the country (a Muslim), so no discrimination there.
Honestly, you would be better off to apply to immigrate. Your chances are significantly better as a family.
if immigrate, the i need to pass the english exam? or need special ability?

Yahoo mail

Mar 1, 2019
My dear honorable sir or madam my best regards to you and your honorable government.
My name is wahidullah sidiqi iam from Afghanistan Iam living in kabul city Iam married I have three children one son and two daughter iam Muslim but unfortunately iam very tried from this kind of Islam I wanna change my religion Islam and I want to be a honest Christian in the future can you help me my life is in danger in our country Afghanistan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
is there another way? can someone sponsor me and my family? i heard that if i get private sponsorship, then i can get help
For private sponsorship, you would still have to move out of Indonesia to another country and be recognized as refugees by UNHCR. Private sponsorship is not possible while you are living in your home country.

agungsusanto

Feb 24, 2019
indonesia
For private sponsorship, you would still have to move out of Indonesia to another country and be recognized as refugees by UNHCR. Private sponsorship is not possible while you are living in your home country.
if i get my UNHCR id, i need to wait from UNHCR to get the sponsorship?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
if i get my UNHCR id, i need to wait from UNHCR to get the sponsorship?
No - you don't have to wait for UNHCR to get you a sponsorship. However you do need to know someone in Canada who is willing to act as your sponsor and who meets the requirements to sponsor.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
how can i know some1 in Canada ? i dont know anybody.
Sometimes people have family members or close friend in Canada.

If you don't know anyone in Canada, then private sponsorship is most likely not possible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
so, unhcr is my only hope? but many sayed, we cant pic where i want to go if i asked unhcr.
That's correct. UNHCR decides where you will be resettled - you do not get to chose.

UNHCR is not your only option. As mentioned above, you can also try to apply to immigrate through an economic immigration stream like express entry based on your education, work experience, language abilities and funds available to settle your family in Canada.

agungsusanto

Feb 24, 2019
indonesia
That's correct. UNHCR decides where you will be resettled - you do not get to chose.

UNHCR is not your only option. As mentioned above, you can also try to apply to immigrate through an economic immigration stream like express entry based on your education, work experience, language abilities and funds available to settle your family in Canada.
i read it, but i dont have the qualified for it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.