+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP! - Spouse PR

rdnsb

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Express entry and Sponsorship are 2 different applications for PR..........your wife could apply for Sponsorship and OWP........the sponsorship will be approved based on the proof and genuineness of your marriage/relationship........Express entry profile will have no effect on the sponsorship........so its up to you if you want to delete the Express entry profile.

Although spousal sponsorship does not need a valid temporary status for approval.......your wife will need to have a valid temporary status for the OWP to be approved........it takes 4 months to approve OWP......so will advice you apply for the inland sponsorship while her visitor visa is still valid, and if possible apply for visitor visa extension if required.

Read..........Open Work Permit denied
Thank you

rdnsb

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
One more question,
My wife however after a long process... got her birth certificate (registered as late).

here is the problem.... her parents last name is misspelled... can i use that? (as it is to check for her Birth date) or should i need to correct it before i apply?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
One more question,
My wife however after a long process... got her birth certificate (registered as late).

here is the problem.... her parents last name is misspelled... can i use that? (as it is to check for her Birth date) or should i need to correct it before i apply?
If your plan is to apply for spousal sponsorship inland with OWP........you should act quickly due to your wife visitor visa duration......except you plan to apply for a visitor visa extension......spousal sponsorship will be processed regardless of her status.......however, OWP will not be approved if she is out-of-status.

Not quite sure if IRCC will accept her birth certificate with misspelled parents name.......but will prefer you correct the birth certificate........however, due to limited time......maybe in the interim, you could maybe submit an affidavit for her birth certificate showing her date of birth, name, place of birth and her parents correct name.

If you submit an affidavit and her current birth certificate.........will advice that you should later correct the birth certificate and send to IRCC.....and save her any troubles whenever later she uses the birth certificate for other purposes.

vinvar25

Jan 2, 2017
Hi, I will be applying for my husband's inland application next month. He's currently in India. If he brings his PCC from India, is that accepted or I have to apply for his PCC from Embassy, once he lands here.

Thanks
Vineeta

vinvar25

Jan 2, 2017
Hi, I will be applying for my husband's inland application next month. He's currently in India. If he brings his PCC from India, is that accepted or I have to apply for his PCC from Embassy, once he lands here.

Thanks
Vineeta

MIMImaz

Sep 26, 2018
Hi,
I am ready to submit my inland application under spousal sponsorship. I have queries regarding few things

1. Please check if the order is ok?
  • Table of content
  • Checklist (Spouse PR)
  • Work Permit - Checklist
  • Work Permit - Fee (255)
  • Work Permit - Application (5710)
  • Work Permit - Supporting Documents
  • Barcode Pages (IMM 1344 and IMM 0008)
  • Spouse PR - Application and Documents in the order of checklist
2. Do I have to submit original PCC and Birth certificate Or photocopy is ok?

3. My visa will expire on December 25, 2018 (visitor visa 6 month period in Canada)
  • Will I get AOR and application is linked online before expiry?
  • OR
  • Should apply for any Visa? (extended visa or something)
experts, please let me know...

Thanks

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
I'm not sure about your order of documents. Someone else can answer that.

You will not receive AOR before the expiry of your visa. You really should apply for a visitor visa extension.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Step 6. Submit the application

The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.

Dimamro

Nov 27, 2018
Hello, I have a question regarding biometric fees.
My biometrics are valid until June 2026. I gave my biometrics when I applied for a visit visa in 2016.
Now I am being sponsored by my husband inside Canada and we are submitting the PR application as an inland, where the checklist says find out if you need to pay biometrics.
I read online that temporarily in-Canada applicants are exempt from biometric fees. If not, does my biometrics validity count?
and let's say I paid them just in case, will I get a refund if it turns out I'm exempt?