Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Hi,
I'm applying for a visitor visa for my fiancé.
Could someone please review the following letter of Invitation, explanation/cover letter,Itinerary and provide your input?

Letter of invitation:

September 06, 2022
The Canadian Embassy
lmmigration Section
New Delhi

Re: Letter of invitation for my fiancé, NAME

Dear Visa Officer,

My name is John Doe. I am a Canadian permanent resident currently working as a Senior Software Developer in a full-time permanent position at {company}., earning $123 CAD per annum.

My personal details are as follows:
DOB, Address, Phone#, Email

Through this letter, I am inviting my fiancé and future wife Jane Doe to Canada for a short stay starting Feb 3rd until Feb 24th. Jane is currently working as a Senior Software Engineer at {company} earning Rs.123/$123 CAD per annum.

Jane’s personal details are as follows:
DOB, Address, Phone#, Email

Jane and I got engaged in August this year and are getting married in December 2022, in India. Jane is applying for this visa so that she can visit me here in Canada after our marriage to celebrate our Honeymoon. During her 3 week visit she will be staying with me in my apartment at above mentioned address and I will be covering all her expenses. She will be covering her flight charges.
I assure you that she won’t misuse her visa and will leave Canada after the said vacation period.

Please see attached copies of my proof of employment, proof of funds, PR card for your reference. Feel free to contact me should you have any further questions regarding myself or Jane.

Kind regards,
John Doe
Contact info

Cover letter / Letter of Explanation:

September 07, 2022
The Canadian Embassy
lmmigration Section
New Delhi

Re: Purpose of visit to Canada

Dear Visa Officer,

My name is Jane Doe. I was born on DOB. I am currently working as a Senior Software Engineer on a full-time permanent basis at {Company} since {date}.

I got engaged to John Doe who is a permanent resident of Canada on August 1, 2022. We are getting married among our family and friends on December 1, 2022 and would like to celebrate our Honeymoon in Canada. And for that purpose, I am applying for this visitor visa. My plan is to visit around Feb 3rd and stay until Feb 24th, if my visa application process goes well. I will be returning to India to reunite with my parents and rejoin work on Feb 24th.

I have accumulated enough vacation days and funds over the period of my employment to fund my visit. However, John will be covering all my expenses in Canada and I will be bearing my flight expenses. During my stay, I will be living with John in his apartment: {address}.

I understand that permission to enter Canada is a privilege and not a right. I have no intention of misusing this privilege by overstaying beyond the above mentioned period and jeopardising my employment.

Please see attached copies of my Engagement photos, Wedding Invite card, proof of Covid vaccination and a detailed Itinerary for your reference. Feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Jane Doe
Contact info

Itinirary:
Code:
Feb 06 to Feb 08 :

- Visit CN tower, Eaton centre, Ice skating at Nathan Philips square in the evening

- Tobogganing at the Riverdale park and visit Riverdale farm(depending on the mood)

- Visit Royal Ontario Museum, Art gallery of Ontario

- Meet John’s friend {friend name}’s family for dinner

Feb 09:

- Trip to London, ON by car to visit a friend, {name}

Feb 10:

- Stay home, rest or explore coffee shops, restaurants nearby

Feb 11:

- Visit Niagara Falls by car

Feb 12 to Feb 15: Trip to Montréal by car

- Feb 12

- Arrive in Downtown Montréal, check into Hilton Garden Inn hotel

- Visit Montréal Archaeology Museum

- Feb 13

- Explore Mount Royal

- Visit Notre-Dame Basilica and AURA light show

- Food tour by Old Montréal Food Tour

- Feb 14

- Explore the underground city, shopping

- Ride the La Grande Roue Montréal

- Dinner at Les Enfants Terribles Restaurant

- Feb 15

- Meet a friend, {friend name}

- Drive back to Toronto

Feb 16 to Feb 17:

- Stay home/explore neighbourhood

Feb 18:

- Trip to Blue mountains

Feb 19:

- Rest and meet friends for Lunch/Dinner

Feb 20 to Feb 23:

- Shopping, packing, prepare for return trip

Feb 24:

- Fly back to India
Thank you

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
The importance of invite letters in case of TRVs can't be ascertained and in most cases the application is just evaluated based on the merits of the applicant.

Having said that, letters look good to me. But my suggestion would be to remove the line from your wife's letter which says you will be taking care of her expenses and she will only pay for flight. You have written that line in your invite letter and that is okay BUT please remember she need to be able to pay for the entire trip on her own for her to be able to get TRV. So make sure you are showing enough funds for a 3 week trip.

In general chances of TRV refusal in case spouse is a PR are high but she has a job which is a good home tie. Make sure to show enough funds and you should be good.

Reactions: rajeshb220591

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
The importance of invite letters in case of TRVs can't be ascertained and in most cases the application is just evaluated based on the merits of the applicant.

Having said that, letters look good to me. But my suggestion would be to remove the line from your wife's letter which says you will be taking care of her expenses and she will only pay for flight. You have written that line in your invite letter and that is okay BUT please remember she need to be able to pay for the entire trip on her own for her to be able to get TRV. So make sure you are showing enough funds for a 3 week trip.

In general chances of TRV refusal in case spouse is a PR are high but she has a job which is a good home tie. Make sure to show enough funds and you should be good.
Hi cansha,
I'll get rid of that line from wife's letter. She's showing about $17k CAD in her personal account supported by 6months bank statement, payslips, prior year tax forms. I hope that's good enough for proof of funds.

Thank you very much for your time and input.

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
@cansha Btw,
I've noticed the following question while filling out the application forms.
"Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?"

Is fiancé considered a family member, or is the term 'family member' limited to just parents, children, spouse, siblings?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi cansha,
I'll get rid of that line from wife's letter. She's showing about $17k CAD in her personal account supported by 6months bank statement, payslips, prior year tax forms. I hope that's good enough for proof of funds.

Thank you very much for your time and input.
$17K is more than enough funds and it is a BIG positive to show those funds.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha Btw,
I've noticed the following question while filling out the application forms.
"Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?"

Is fiancé considered a family member, or is the term 'family member' limited to just parents, children, spouse, siblings?
You are not a family member right now. If she were applying after the wedding the answer would be yes. For now, answer is no.