+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help on TRV - refused as of now

ridhi20

Mar 17, 2019
Hi,

I recently applied for TRV and my travel stay time is 14 days and it got refused. I am 29 years old, single and employed.

Please check the documents and financial assets attached and let me know the changes required to resubmit so that it likely gets approved.

Document checklist:
1. Application form, Family form. Financial funds (4000$ CAD).
2. Cover letter including detailed itinerary and purpose of visit. My younger sister got student visa curently and will be joining her college in May. My intend to visit Canada is to settle her since she is travelling outside home for the first time and also some sight-seeing.
3. Booked flight Return tickets and hotel booking. Travel insurance
4. My asset and financial funds included like PPF,PF, Mutual funds.
5. I have also provided my dads bank deed where it shows he will be sponsoring me.
6. Dad and sisters passport and sisters student visa copy
7. My travel history to Dubai and Kenya.
8. Employement letter (working as functional consultant in software company for past 7 years, bonafide letter from company, leave letter from company, 6 months pay slips, 3 years ITR

Please let me know if any additional documents are required or for changes in current checklist.

Waiting to hear from you on this.

Thanks & Regards

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Hi,

I recently applied for TRV and my travel stay time is 14 days and it got refused. I am 29 years old, single and employed.

Please check the documents and financial assets attached and let me know the changes required to resubmit so that it likely gets approved.

Document checklist:
2. Cover letter including detailed itinerary and purpose of visit. My younger sister got student visa curently and will be joining her college in May. My intend to visit Canada is to settle her since she is travelling outside home for the first time and also some sight-seeing.
5. I have also provided my dads bank deed where it shows he will be sponsoring me.
8. Employement letter (working as functional consultant in software company for past 7 years, bonafide letter from company, leave letter from company, 6 months pay slips, 3 years ITR

Please let me know if any additional documents are required or for changes in current checklist.

Thanks & Regards
Hey, What was the reason for rejection?

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi,

Document checklist:

Thanks & Regards
Which country and when u applied time line of refusal

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Refusal came today?down load from your account and share reasons.u applied first time ?u have any travel.history and when u gave boi ?

ridhi20

Mar 17, 2019
Refusal came today?down load from your account and share reasons.u applied first time ?u have any travel.history and when u gave boi ?
I have linked my paper based application by creating an online account. Today I saw the status got updated “Refused” but I can’t see any messages stating the reason.

Yes I have travelled to Dubai and Kenya with my family.

I gave biometrics on 8th March, 2019. This is the first time I have applied for Canada visitor visa.

@demme343

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Document checklist:
These funds are too low to pay for your visit.

It also indirectly implies that your income is not above average for similar jobs.... or else, your expenses are high.

This purpose of visit is unlikely to work as it might incorrectly seem like you will 'move' with your sister/stay for the entire length of her study program.

Statements like 'she is traveling outside the home for the first time' won't work. Most students travel abroad on their own even if it is their first time.

It's not advisable to book tickets in advance.

None of these investments help for your TRV application because they are all locked-in. They can, however, be shown as part of your overall financial situation.

Did you include your PPF, PF and mutual funds in your 'Funds available for your visit'?

Unfortunately, neither of these countries help for travel history.

Your employment is your only tie. The strength of your employment as a reason to return to India will depend on your work responsibilities + your salary, etc

ridhi20

Mar 17, 2019
These funds are too low to pay for your visit.

It also indirectly implies that your income is not above average for similar jobs.... or else, your expenses are high.

This purpose of visit is unlikely to work as it might incorrectly seem like you will 'move' with your sister/stay for the entire length of her study program.

Statements like 'she is traveling outside the home for the first time' won't work. Most students travel abroad on their own even if it is their first time.

It's not advisable to book tickets in advance.

None of these investments help for your TRV application because they are all locked-in. They can, however, be shown as part of your overall financial situation.

Did you include your PPF, PF and mutual funds in your 'Funds available for your visit'?

Unfortunately, neither of these countries help for travel history.

Your employment is your only tie. The strength of your employment as a reason to return to India will depend on your work responsibilities + your salary, etc
Thanks for your time @Bryanna.

I showed 2000 CAD as a liquid funds in my account. Rest I added my fathers fixed deposit of around 10000+ CAD. On top of this I showed my PF, PPF, MF statements.

I also attached my Home details claiming that I own a property here in India and do not wish to stay back in Canada.

I know I made a mistake by booking to and fro tickets. But I thought it will get approved since my reason is genuine and I don’t have any plans to stay back in canada since I have a job in India and parents to to take care of.

I want to travel along with my sister by 19th April, 2019. What are you suggestions while reapplying ?

I thought would celebrate my birthday too there on 20th :(

I am still waiting for my passport to be sent back by vfs global. They haven’t updated any status yet. I came to know about refusal when I linked my paper based application to a online account however it doesn’t show any messages with reasons.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am still waiting for my passport to be sent back by vfs global. They haven’t updated any status yet. I came to know about refusal when I linked my paper based application to a online account however it doesn’t show any messages with reasons.
I'm guessing you were refused for Purpose of visit, Travel History and Finances.

I showed 2000 CAD as a liquid funds in my account. Rest I added my fathers fixed deposit of around 10000+ CAD. On top of this I showed my PF, PPF, MF statements.
CAD 2,000: Too low

Your dad's FD: Cannot be included as financial support. Realistically speaking, someone won't liquidate their FDs to pay for a visit abroad. Plus, if someone has a strong financial situation, that would be evident in their liquid/available finances.

PF, PPF, MF: Zero financial resources for your visit

I also attached my Home details claiming that I own a property here in India and do not wish to stay back in Canada.
1. Do you have a mortgage?

2. Or was this property inherited? When?

3. Sole ownership?

I know I made a mistake by booking to and fro tickets. But I thought it will get approved since my reason is genuine and I don’t have any plans to stay back in canada since I have a job in India and parents to to take care of.
Based on your post, it seems your dad is employed/ business/ or has financial resources to take care of himself, your mom and you. Hence, you won't be able to prove that you need to take care of them.... unless you take care of their well-being.

1. Do you have any compelling work-related commitments that are scheduled after your intended visit?

2. Any personal commitments?

I thought would celebrate my birthday too there on 20th :(
Both purpose of visit i.e. to help your sister to settle in + wanting to celebrate your birthday won't work. Any change in the purpose of your visit now will seem like an afterthought to help you to get a TRV.

Ideally, you should have applied a few months after your sister had moved/started her study program.

Reactions: canuck78

ridhi20

Mar 17, 2019
Thanks @Bryanna for your response.

I do have mortgage. It’s not inherited since I purchased it for myself 2 years back. I am paying monthly EMI and it is evident in my bank statement.

My mother is co-owner but it’s me who is taking care of monthly EMI. This is one of the reason though my pay is good but i am not able to keep much liquid funds in my account.

My father is retired and has kept his retirement funds.

I do have important implementations to be completed in my job. I am the only earning member of my family hence I have to take care of my parents and my cute dog.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks @Bryanna for your response.

I do have mortgage. It’s not inherited since I purchased it for myself 2 years back. I am paying monthly EMI and it is evident in my bank statement.

My mother is co-owner but it’s me who is taking care of monthly EMI. This is one of the reason though my pay is good but i am not able to keep much liquid funds in my account.

My father is retired and has kept his retirement funds.

I do have important implementations to be completed in my job. I am the only earning member of my family hence I have to take care of my parents and my cute dog.
Even if you submit new evidence of your other ties to India.... IMO, you would be risking another TRV refusal for two reasons if you reapply at this point in time: Purpose of visit + Financial situation.

It would be a good idea to wait for several months before you reapply:
1. You must save up considerably more (Read: Your bank balance.... earned by you.... not borrowed from someone else)

2. As a working adult (7+ years of employment), if you have to depend on your dad to pay for your visit then it seems like you don't have the financial incentive to return to India = Your employment does not pay well

3. Your sister can certainly travel on her own/ you can reapply after her study program has started. It would not seem like you are moving with her

It's your choice though if you want to reapply

ridhi20

Mar 17, 2019
Thanks @Bryanna. I got my passport today without the visa. It has a paper stating that you must have received an important message at your email address but i don't see any messages. I linked my paper based application and do not see any messages in that CIC account. How will i know the reasons of rejection ?