+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help on secondary applicant (Wife's) work experience

sumitk222

Feb 4, 2017
Hello all,

I got ITA recently and my question is about my wife's (who is secondary applicant) work experience. My wife worked in a company where she got her salary in cash and no tax was filed. The salary was not large enough to fall into any tax bracket. I have shown her experience in the Express Entry profile even though it did not add to any additional points. Now Post ITA, I need to submit her employment records (Reference Letter + Salary slips). We have got Reference letter with all details along with monthly salary mentioned in it, but we do not have salary slips or any other document to prove her employment. The company is a registered company.
My question is will cic officials need any other documents or ask for tax filing (which was not done) Or since she is secondary applicant and doesn't add to CIC score, so it will do. I am thinking of 2 options here:
Option 1: Decline ITA and create another EE Profile.
Option 2: Go ahead with the same details and provide reference letter from employer.

Just to point out here the company is genuine along with work experience. It's just that how things work in India sometimes may be a hurdle. Many Thanks guys for your help so far!!

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Move this work experience to her personal history section and just mention this change in your letter of explanation that this experience does not add any additional crs points and hence it is in personal history.

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Non-Canadian work experience of spouse never fetches any point. You are wasting your time and will waste time of VO as he will go through all the un-necessary documents you will upload. As mentioned by @Marty_ above, Move this work experience to her personal history section and just mention this change in your letter of explanation that this experience does not add any additional crs points as it is non-Canadian and hence it is in personal history.

Manu Kapoor

Dec 9, 2017
Non-Canadian work experience of spouse never fetches any point. You are wasting your time and will waste time of VO as he will go through all the un-necessary documents you will upload. As mentioned by @Marty_ above, Move this work experience to her personal history section and just mention this change in your letter of explanation that this experience does not add any additional crs points as it is non-Canadian and hence it is in personal history.

Hello loveabhic...

I had same question and i got the answer as u stated.
I want to ask what if I do not mention my spouse's employment details anywhere in the profile. Will this move affect me anywhere in the process ? Though, she is working full time as PG teacher in a registered and quite a revered senior secondary school and is also getting her salary in bank account. I asked so because I do not want to work on something that is not adding any CRS points. Is there any benefit of shifting employment details secondary applicant in personal history section ? Can this ever help in getting a job in teaching or so after one lands in Canada ?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hello loveabhic...

I had same question and i got the answer as u stated.
I want to ask what if I do not mention my spouse's employment details anywhere in the profile. Will this move affect me anywhere in the process ? Though, she is working full time as PG teacher in a registered and quite a revered senior secondary school and is also getting her salary in bank account. I asked so because I do not want to work on something that is not adding any CRS points. Is there any benefit of shifting employment details secondary applicant in personal history section ? Can this ever help in getting a job in teaching or so after one lands in Canada ?

Hi Manu,
In the personal history section you are required to answer truthfully about activities of both applicants for the past 10 yrs. Hiding anything will lead to misrepresentation. Shifting work details to personal history section would mean that you don't have to provide any documents or proof but at the same time you are not hiding the facts. Full disclosure is necessary.

Reactions: Manu Kapoor

Manu Kapoor

Dec 9, 2017
Hi Manu,
In the personal history section you are required to answer truthfully about activities of both applicants for the past 10 yrs. Hiding anything will lead to misrepresentation. Shifting work details to personal history section would mean that you don't have to provide any documents or proof but at the same time you are not hiding the facts. Full disclosure is necessary.

Thank you prpurohit for the crisp explanation. I got it.
And just to double check with you - Non-Canadian work ex of secondary applicant never adds to CRS score - Does this apply to all professions and for whatsover tenure of employment of Sec. applicant ?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thank you prpurohit for the crisp explanation. I got it.
And just to double check with you - Non-Canadian work ex of secondary applicant never adds to CRS score - Does this apply to all professions and for whatsover tenure of employment of Sec. applicant ?
Yes, that's correct, non canadian work experience for secondary applicant never adds points. It does not matter which profession or tenure or work experience.

Dranwarul

Nov 25, 2017
As Non-Canadian work experience of spouse never fetches any point,what should one mention in spouse work history section?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
As Non-Canadian work experience of spouse never fetches any point,what should one mention in spouse work history section?

Just say no work experience. And list it in the personal history section.

sadiyarehman

Jun 19, 2018
Hi Manu,
Hi prpurohit,

I had the same question and I have read the responses on this thread as well, but, I havent been able to find any possible way to shift work history to personal history.
Personal details of spouse only consist of 4 sub headings - Names, Personal Description, Immigration History and Citizenships and lastly Relatives in Canada.
How and where will work history shift here?

Please respond