+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help On LIMA for Experience Class

ashzmshz

Jul 12, 2019
Keeping short in this new thread(hope to get some answer)

I am currently working in Ontario on work permit, and aiming to file my express in entry profile next next year(once i complete 1 year experience) , in order to do so i want to understand my points scenario in CRS , and got confused on below ?

(i) Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (if needed)?

Confusion is this one clause, can i select yes for LIMA ?.

As reading below clause (mention below with) i feel i can select yes as i fall into LIMA exempt category , please advise ?

Your employer doesn’t need an LMIA to support your job offer if:
  1. you have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least 1 year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
fyi.. Currently i am working on non LIMA job.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Keeping short in this new thread(hope to get some answer)

I am currently working in Ontario on work permit, and aiming to file my express in entry profile next next year(once i complete 1 year experience) , in order to do so i want to understand my points scenario in CRS , and got confused on below ?

(i) Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (if needed)?

Confusion is this one clause, can i select yes for LIMA ?.

As reading below clause (mention below with) i feel i can select yes as i fall into LIMA exempt category , please advise ?

Your employer doesn’t need an LMIA to support your job offer if:
  1. you have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least 1 year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
fyi.. Currently i am working on non LIMA job.
You need to tell us what kind of work permit you hold right now.

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
I am on Non-Open InterCompany transfer work permit with job type of NOC B (Software Development)

Its says Something like "W-1 Worker"

Thanks for reply.
Yeah if you are on a closed work permit that is LMIA exempt (which intercompany transferee is), working with the named employer for 1 year and have an offer of employment from them for at least 1 year after you're granted PR then you can claim the 50 CRS points.