+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help just filed my PR under express entry

Zayn1994

Oct 11, 2019
I came to canada as a student in 2015 than got my work permit than got invitation under express entry..recently i got charged with fraud over 5000 but my charges are getting widhrawn but had to plea guilty for possession of property and getting absolute discharge so just wanna know will i get my PR ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You will still need to answer "Yes" to the question of "Have you ever committed, been charged with, or convicted of a crime."

If you plead guilty and received an absolute discharge, the charge should technically not be on your record but it is an indictable offense (under $5k is hybrid, which for immigration purposes is understood to be indictable). An indictable offense would render you inadmissible but I'm not sure how the absolute discharge plays into that.

You need to speak to a lawyer.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
But you have to still report it because you (1) committed it, (2) were charged, and (3), plead guilty. Each of which the form asks you to report.

I agree that an absolute discharge should mean you're okay, but I'm not a lawyer and cannot say that with any certainty.