+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in choosing a career in canada.

Noor_10

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello everyone,
I recently got my PR and since then i have gone blank in choosing my career. I would really appreciate all your insights in this. I don’t want to do anything which will make me any assistant of any body like education assistant, immigration assistant, dental assistant or care aide. I am willing to do bachelors and whatever it will take me to be but what should i do? Thats the biggest question. I have interest in teaching, immigration and traveling. Please help.
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
IT, Computer Science. Your 3 interests are not really career choices. Become a teacher, travel agent or immigration lawyer if those are your interests.

Reactions: kelly88V

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I dont want to do computer science. Is there anything else i can choose as my career.
You can chose anything you want. You have to figure this out yourself.

- I would stay away from the travel industry. This industry is depressed due to COVID and is expected to take many years to rebound.
- If you want to made decent money through immigration, you need to become a lawyer. So you would need to complete a Bachelor degree first and then complete a law degree after that.
- If you want to teach, then you need to complete a Bachelor degree first and then complete a teaching degree after that. Canada has more teachers than teaching positions available so this may not be the best choice.

Reactions: Noor_10

Noor_10

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
It is your life. Choose your own career based on your interests. Become a teacher if you like teaching. This is an immigration site. Go talk to a career counsellor at an employment centre.
Oh. I didn’t know that. Thank you for letting me know.

Noor_10

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
I
Only you know what you want. How can we know what your are good at? Write down the pro's and con's and take it from there.

- I would stay away from the travel industry. This industry is depressed due to COVID and is expected to take many years to rebound.
- If you want to made decent money through immigration, you need to become a lawyer. So you would need to complete a Bachelor degree first and then complete a law degree after that.
- If you want to teach, then you need to complete a Bachelor degree first and then complete a teaching degree after that. Canada has more teachers than teaching positions available so this may not be the best choice.
thank you. Appreciate that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Actually I have found out that after having a huge surplus of teachers and decreasing enrolment Canada now has a shortage of teachers.

kelly88V

Jan 14, 2022
Only you know what you want. How can we know what your are good at? Write down the pro's and con's and take it from there.
I agree, you have to ask yourself first, and then ask others. After all, no one else knows you better than you do.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello everyone,
I recently got my PR and since then i have gone blank in choosing my career. I would really appreciate all your insights in this. I don’t want to do anything which will make me any assistant of any body like education assistant, immigration assistant, dental assistant or care aide. I am willing to do bachelors and whatever it will take me to be but what should i do? Thats the biggest question. I have interest in teaching, immigration and traveling. Please help.
Thank you.
Come to BC, we have a shortage of teachers here. Become a teacher. Live in northern BC as that is not as expensive and still very beautiful.

bhardu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
Come to BC, we have a shortage of teachers here. Become a teacher. Live in northern BC as that is not as expensive and still very beautiful.
Through glassdoor, I found that salaries for teachers are quite depressing.
Or is it that glassdoor is under reporting the salary stats ?
your inputs please.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Through glassdoor, I found that salaries for teachers are quite depressing.
Or is it that glassdoor is under reporting the salary stats ?
your inputs please.
Teachers have pretty good salaries and very good pensions. Salaries vary by province. BC pays less than other provinces. What is your definition of good salary?

bhardu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
Teachers have pretty good salaries and very good pensions. Salaries vary by province. BC pays less than other provinces. What is your definition of good salary?
noted. I am Primarily looking to settle in calgary/edmonton/winnipeg. let's see what has time decided there for me in future. A good Salary ? keeping in mind the ever highest inflation in Canada, I will mention a 6 figure salary ( for a teacher in these any of the above mentioned cities)should be fine to begin.

• Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo