+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help! credit report from Us requested from canadian Embassy

anais_anais

Jul 31, 2009
Hello, I have a problem with the last email received from Canadian Embassy a few days ago. We finished w the medicals, while waiting for my visa invitation to come I got this message asking me to send a credit report for the last 5 years(the time i lived in US). I want to mention that I returned in my native country after being arrested by immigration US and at the trial I requested volunteer departure. after I left US i didn't make any payment to the banks, stores etc etc.. my total balance is around $18.000 and my credit report is a total mess. My fiancee- we applied together,he filed for bankruptcy, he had his own business in US and because I got arrested he decided to come w me and leave everything behind. so both credits reports are in a very bad situation.. my question is... do this F%&*** up credit report is gonna affect my chances to get the canadian visa? what's happening if i dont want to send this report to them? Thank you very much. Anais

ryetams

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
the fact that youve had some issues with the immigration in the US alone will likely affect your chances... but you can always try to write a letter to CIC and explain what youve been through and hope for the best... good luck!

anais_anais

Jul 31, 2009
thanks for your replay.. I don't think there is a problem w my immigration issue, I already talked to them about that, my problem is my credit history in from US...

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
Can we know from which country u r applying. How was your PCC report from USA, does it mentioned about your arrest. I am really surprised to hear about the request for the credit report, I suppose this is v rare case and may be due to your PCC report they are asking further details. I believe unless it is criminal charges you should be ok. Fingers crossed. Keep praying.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
It looks clear from your explanation, as to why CHC might be asking for credit report.

It might be worthy to order for CAIPS notes (if you have that much time) to understand what exactly CHC is intending to see!

Note: Donot know how to get CAIPS notes, though!

Cheers Boltz

anais_anais

Jul 31, 2009
My arrest w Immigration is because I worked w a expired working permit and I have no criminal background. Now I'm in Romania. i know more people in Romania who lived in US, got arrested by emigration and then applied for a canadian visa.. but nothing about a credit report...maybe is something new...
Thanks again for replies! have a good weekend!

spa

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
1) Are you sure it was the embassy that asked you for your credit report?

2) Why they asked you in particular for your credit report?

3) What is your fiancee's total debt? (probably it is not about you)

I heard about the cases when people leaving the US took huge amount of loans, thousands, hundreds of thousands of dollars and just left the country. I think there is some connection between US and Canada in this matter. I don't think that Canada will allow violators to enter their country.

In your case if your life really was affected by your deportation and all the debt that you had was due to the fact that you lost your job as a result was not able to pay then you shouldn't worry. I don't think that filing for bankruptcy is a crime. It's quite a common procedure in the US especilly in this tough economy.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, there is a difference in debt whether you borrowed some money and plain couldn't pay it off or whether you borrowed money with no intentions of paying it off. It's generally not a crime to owe money and if your situation changes and you can't pay off your credit cards, that's not a crime. However, when you leave the country owing everybody money without making any attempts to pay it off or make payment plans, that doesn't show good character. Will it affect your immigration, no idea. I don't think so. It's normally not something they look for unless it's a new thing. Although they like to know that you have funds to support yourself when you come to Canada as an FSW, maybe they want to make sure you actually have the funds and didn't borrow it off your credit card.