+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** Need Help - Corona Virus - Citizenship ***

Nisha_Patel

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

I was trying to submit my citizen file today and the Ontario government has declared the state emergency in the morning due to Coronavirus COVID-19.

Should I send my application or not?
Will it impact the application processing time?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Nisha Patel

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I was trying to submit my citizen file today and the Ontario government has declared the state emergency in the morning due to Coronavirus COVID-19.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Nisha Patel
Yes - you should expect processing times will be impacted.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Hi everyone,

Please advice.

Thanks,
Nisha Patel
Let’s assume now there’s a longer wait time or processing time...wondering what option do you have other than submitting your application. If you decide not to submit it, it would definitely delay your application.

ktown

Jan 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please advice.

Thanks,
Nisha Patel

yes. If you check the link for processing time it will note "Processing times may not accurately reflect any disruptions caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)." Not sure how much time but don't expect the normal 12 months processing time (it took me nearly 14 months pre-COVID-19).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html#citizenship

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

Please advice.

Thanks,
Nisha Patel
Yes, you must submit your application, as be the time Covid19 is control, you application will definitely be older more than 2-3 months which will give you right of processing after 13 months stipulated period. In case if you are holding your application and submit after crises are over then the, period from to day to the future submission date will be a waste and of no use. Instead of keeping application with you it will be more appropriate to submit to IRCC let the ball be in their court. But before submission you go through and check your application very minutely so that no column is left blank/unanswered, signed and ensure that date on physical presence match with the date of application and you have buffer physical presence. Wish you all the best.

Nisha_Patel

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I put 16/03/2020 on both physical calculator and date of application signed. However, I sent the application today 17/03/2020. That will be fine right?

Nisha_Patel

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
After I submit the application, what I have to do?

Do we have any thread with the detailed information after we submit the file ?

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
I put 16/03/2020 on both physical calculator and date of application signed. However, I sent the application today 17/03/2020. That will be fine right?
Yes, that's fine. As long as Physical Calculator and Date of Application dates are the same, you are fine. It doesn't matter when you take the envelope to the postal company.

100% agreed with @CitizenOrNot

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
After I submit the application, what I have to do?

Do we have any thread with the detailed information after we submit the file ?
Hi,
For the time being you are done pretty much. Nothing more than to wait and hear back from IRCC about the receipt of your packet.

In normal conditions, if you had all the needed documents in the packet then in about 2-3 months you would have got a formal acknowledgement about your application, an AOR in citizenship application slang if you may. But with the pandemic and emergencies declared, prepare for the processing time to get hit. Not to say, you may also be get lucky to be processed well within the normal processing timeline. But that's all luck based on the individual's circumstances.

There is a separate thread for March 2020 applicants that you may update/track about your application.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2020-citizenship-applicants.679699/

All the best with your application processing. Stay calm, stay safe and be patient with the processing!

analystpk

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
21-07-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2015 PER
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-07-2015 SLU
Med's Request
05-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
Hi everyone,

Please advice.

Thanks,
Nisha Patel
You can count now 18 months from the standard timeline of 12 months. My citizenship application is due by end of this month and my state is not different than yours :(