+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP : Citizenship Application

blue_jay

Oct 16, 2013
Hello,

For question 9C:

As part of the complete documentation, you HAVE to fill out Residence Outside Canada [Form CIT 0177] if you answered YES for 9C. What I did, as instructed by my lawyer, was fill out N/A for Section A questions 1, 3, 4 and 6 and Section B questions 1 and 2. I received my AOR. I guess what I did was right.
Thank you very much :)

blue_jay

Oct 16, 2013
Hello,

For question 9C:

As part of the complete documentation, you HAVE to fill out Residence Outside Canada [Form CIT 0177] if you answered YES for 9C. What I did, as instructed by my lawyer, was fill out N/A for Section A questions 1, 3, 4 and 6 and Section B questions 1 and 2. I received my AOR. I guess what I did was right.
Did you add any explanation letter ?

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Did you add any explanation letter ?
Yes, I did add an explanation letter. That was written by my lawyer.

A lot of applications were returned because of the missing CIT0177 form. I know it's not clearly explained but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Hope this helps!

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Hi There ,
2. In the main form section 15 (a) For Language proof I don't have any IELTS proof (It didn't require any for my PR application I was included with my spouse PR application) and I don't have any CLIC or LINC done within that time period mentioned in the form .
However , I did my undergrad outside of Canada and I studied in English and my Certificate is also in English . Do I still need to show them any kind of language proof like IELTS or the undergrad certificate should be enough ?

I apologise for this long message , I just wanted you all to have a better understanding about my situation . I hope you will be able to answer about my concerns .

Thanks in advance :)
If you are 18 to 54 years old:
  • Photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability if you are 18-54 years of age. Examples of what you can provide include the following:
    • results of a third-party language test;
    • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
    • proof that you have reached the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher through a government-funded language training programs.
I guess your certificate should suffice. If you have time and want to be certain, you should do IELTS. It's up to you.

blue_jay

Oct 16, 2013
Yes, I did add an explanation letter. That was written by my lawyer.

A lot of applications were returned because of the missing CIT0177 form. I know it's not clearly explained but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Hope this helps!
Yes I totally agree with you . Thanks

blue_jay

Oct 16, 2013
  • Photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability if you are 18-54 years of age. Examples of what you can provide include the following:
    • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
    • proof that you have reached the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher through a government-funded language training programs.
I guess your certificate should suffice. If you have time and want to be certain, you should do IELTS. It's up to you.
Alri
Alright. Thanks again :)

Mrvi

Jan 16, 2018
Hi bul-jay,
i have same issues landed in Canada as a Permanent Resident in March 2014 .before i was out site canada.
how fill up residence outside canada [cit0177e2]form ?

blue_jay

Oct 16, 2013
Hi bul-jay,
i have same issues landed in Canada as a Permanent Resident in March 2014 .before i was out site canada.
how fill up residence outside canada [cit0177e2]form ?
Hey , I was suggested to do this from somebody who experienced similar situation , please check the first answer of this thread .

" As part of the complete documentation, you HAVE to fill out Residence Outside Canada [Form CIT 0177] if you answered YES for 9C. What I did, as instructed by my lawyer, was fill out N/A for Section A questions 1, 3, 4 and 6 and Section B questions 1 and 2. I received my AOR. I guess what I did was right. "
And need to add an explanation letter .
The forum also has a FAQ link for this kind of confusion you can check that out too. The link is ,
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/c-6-citizenship-applications-frequently-asked-questions.522548/

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
Your first 6 posts on this forum are all wrong; i recommend you delete all of them and start fresh ;)
can you please advise me on the following points: my family 3 kids myself and my wife will be applying for citizenship this month..
1) Can we file as a family or every application is different?
2) We landed in Dec 2013 and since then my family has not been out of canada till date but I had to return for my job in Qatar for 8 months Sep 2015 to June 2016. I understand I would need a PCC for these days. So before leaving Qatar, 2 weeks prior to my departure to Canada I applied for PCC for my time span in Qatar and brought it along with me when I left Qatar for good and never returned back since then. Using the same PCC can i apply for citizenship, if in case they require a new one I can submit it latter a new one. will this delay my process or should i wait for a new one and then apply. plz advise

Reactions: amitdi

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
My comments inline [ANS]

can you please advise me on the following points: my family 3 kids myself and my wife will be applying for citizenship this month..
[ANS]: It's up to you; you can apply separately or as a family; if all of your family members are eligible, i don't see a reason why you won't apply together

2) We landed in Dec 2013 and since then my family has not been out of canada till date but I had to return for my job in Qatar for 8 months Sep 2015 to June 2016. I understand I would need a PCC for these days. So before leaving Qatar, 2 weeks prior to my departure to Canada I applied for PCC for my time span in Qatar and brought it along with me when I left Qatar for good and never returned back since then. Using the same PCC can i apply for citizenship, if in case they require a new one I can submit it latter a new one. will this delay my process or should i wait for a new one and then apply. plz advise
[ANS]: That's a tricky question; there are some details on PCC for PR application but couldn't see much for citizenship. My 2 cents would be to apply for a new one (at least issued in the last 6 months) though IRCC MIGHT accept the one you already have. Again, IN MY OPINION only, if you apply with the current PCC, you would pass AoR but later they MIGHT ask for a new one! Sorry for not giving you a definitive answer because simply it's a grey case. all the best!

Reactions: amitdi

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
you had asked this query elsewhere i remember and there have been quite good replies. how long do you have to wait to bring your Qatar days to less than 183? Dont think its a lot, I suggest just wait out the period and then apply. How many days is it?

you should apply together if you have filled the forms correctly. downside of applying together is that if one form has a mistake, everyone's application is returned.