+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help and New to immigration

Abrarmatin

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
I am completely new to this area. I have started studying regarding how to apply without agent. I would like to introduce myself. I am 35 years old married female(main applicant), phD in science, with 5 years of experience in job and ilets scores are L: 6.5, R: 6, S: 7, W: 6.

I have few queries ,if anyone can please clarify if experienced.

1) In order to apply for express entry, do I need to attest my phD degree from WES for ECA or I need to attest my Masters ,Bachelors, 12th and 10th class degree/certificate as well?
2) My husband is also phD with 2 years of experience,does he need to appear for Ilets as well?
3) I calculated my points by federal skilled grid manually which says that I am on 68 points without my husband ilets, have I calculated points right? And CRS points appears 477.Can anyone cross check for me for my satisfaction :)
4) Is it better that my husband give ILETS even if my score meet entry criteria, will it increase chance for ITA?
5) I am Pakistani and currently residing in Qatar for past 1 year, do I need police certificate from Qatar or Pakistan?
6) Lastly, is it easy to fill express entry application

Thanks in advance for your valuable time.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
1) In order to apply for express entry, do I need to attest my phD degree from WES for ECA or I need to attest my Masters ,Bachelors, 12th and 10th class degree/certificate as well? PhD, as it will get you the highest # of points.
2) My husband is also phD with 2 years of experience,does he need to appear for Ilets as well?
3) I calculated my points by federal skilled grid manually which says that I am on 68 points without my husband ilets, have I calculated points right? And CRS points appears 477.Can anyone cross check for me for my satisfaction :) I would suggest using the CIC online calculator here (Using it with the info you provide about I got 347, but of course I don't your situation/all info. It's better for you to use the calculator yourself and make sure!) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
4) Is it better that my husband give ILETS even if my score meet entry criteria, will it increase chance for ITA? More points, yes.
5) I am Pakistani and currently residing in Qatar for past 1 year, do I need police certificate from Qatar or Pakistan? You need a police certificate for any country you've been in for more than 6 months since age 18.
6) Lastly, is it easy to fill express entry application It's easy, yes, if you have a simple case.

Thanks in advance for your valuable time.
This link might help http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp.