Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Hello Everyone,

I'm from India and 've been keenly following the threads on the forums here but this would be the first time that I'm posting something. :)

My wife and I are planning to immigrate and start the process without any consultant. I wanted to discuss our profile and needed guidance on different documents/stages/details required for a smooth process. Hope you all would be able to help.
  1. We both have cleared our IELTS and ECA report is available as well. So we could enter the pool now or do we have to wait for any more data?
  2. What are the key points to be careful about while creating your profile?
  3. My wife would be the primary applicant as she scored better in IELTS (our education is same), however, she has given the IELTS test with her maiden name and now her passport is updated with her post-marriage name. Could we go ahead like this or does she need to give IELTS again? If no, then would a LoE suffice?
  4. Our parents would be helping with the funding but in case, if we get the invite soon, it would not be a stable 6 months balance that is requested. From the other threads, I understand that we could produce a gift deed along with a LoE. But I'm not sure if that would work if the amount has not been there in the account for more than 6 months.
    • Secondly, the account that we are planning to use is a joint account for both of us. My wife would be the primary applicant but on the bank account I'm the primary account holder. Will this be an issue?
  5. How to obtain PCC in India? There were many remarks about the PCC being incomplete or not as per the immigration standards required by CIC. Please enlighten.
  6. Please share the formats for Work Experience Letter.
  7. Any additional details that you guys would like to share to help us get through without much hassle.
With the above points, is it possible for us to go ahead with the process on our own or should we hire an agent to take care of all these things. I understand that it depends from case to case basis, hence, have provided almost all details for you guys to review and provide inputs.

I look forward to your replies. Thank you!

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
1. You can enter the pool now.
2. Just make sure all your details are entered correctly. One thing, in work history section, only enter the work experience you are claiming points for. If you have a job you are not claiming points (can't produce a reference letter), don't put it in there
3. Submit legal document showing the name change, e.g. marriage certificate, etc.
4. Shouldn't be an issue. I'm not 100% sure though
5. Sorry no idea.
6. There's no format. Read through the CIC instructions and just make sure the letter mentions everything they need (most importantly your job responsibilities, make sure it's in there) then it'll be fine. If the letter misses anything else, say it doesn't mention your salary, then submit other documents to submit it, e.g. paystubs, tax records

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Hello Everyone,

I'm from India and 've been keenly following the threads on the forums here but this would be the first time that I'm posting something. :)

My wife and I are planning to immigrate and start the process without any consultant. I wanted to discuss our profile and needed guidance on different documents/stages/details required for a smooth process. Hope you all would be able to help.
  1. We both have cleared our IELTS and ECA report is available as well. So we could enter the pool now or do we have to wait for any more data?
  3. My wife would be the primary applicant as she scored better in IELTS (our education is same), however, she has given the IELTS test with her maiden name and now her passport is updated with her post-marriage name. Could we go ahead like this or does she need to give IELTS again? If no, then would a LoE suffice?
  4. Our parents would be helping with the funding but in case, if we get the invite soon, it would not be a stable 6 months balance that is requested. From the other threads, I understand that we could produce a gift deed along with a LoE. But I'm not sure if that would work if the amount has not been there in the account for more than 6 months.
    • Secondly, the account that we are planning to use is a joint account for both of us. My wife would be the primary applicant but on the bank account I'm the primary account holder. Will this be an issue?
  5. How to obtain PCC in India? There were many remarks about the PCC being incomplete or not as per the immigration standards required by CIC. Please enlighten.
  7. Any additional details that you guys would like to share to help us get through without much hassle.
With the above points, is it possible for us to go ahead with the process on our own or should we hire an agent to take care of all these things. I understand that it depends from case to case basis, hence, have provided almost all details for you guys to review and provide inputs.

For 5. The best way to get a PCC, imo, is through a Passport Seva Kendra. Preferably, the one that issued your passport.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,

4. It will not be an issue if you did not have the fund for the past 6 months. Funds held in joint account (only with spouse) is accepted. No worries!

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Thank you all for the replies.

Regarding the name change document, marriage certificate also bears the maiden name only. Since it is proof of marriage, in India, we could simply go ahead and get our surname updated to husband's surname on all government ID proofs. Please confirm if my other government ID proofs (e.g. passport, aadhaar, PAN etc) would suffice. Or do I need to produce any affidavit for this?