+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need direction to stay and continue work

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nadeemshaikh said:
If I can show that I worked 40hrs/week in the month of April through 2 part-time jobs + full time job from May then I believe I will have 1 year of experience by March 2014 when my permit expires. Do you think that would work?
I am sorry but NO it will not work.

From your post I understand that you started work in April 2013 - Lets say, 1 April 2013. Your 1 year will end on 31 March 2014 - you will be eligible to apply for CEC only after 31 March 2014 (provided all other conditions are met).

You cannot count 1 year from the date you received your PGWP, it has to be from the date you started working.

The problem that surfaces then is - your status in Canada would have ended on 31 March 2014 (or whatever the date is on your PGWP). So unless you have replaced your status as worker with another status you are not legal in Canada. Its sort of a tricky situation - you CANNOT apply before you have completed 1 calendar year (AND 30 hours per week of full time work). On the other hand you cannot stay in Canada once your status expires.

Be very careful with dates.

glanda

Jul 23, 2013
If I were you, I might try to apply CEC a month later, and try to get the FN. You can apply BOWP based on the FN.
Yes, your CEC might fail this time, but you can continue to work till you can gain enough time for you CEC, then you can apply CEC again.

lolita22

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 7th, 2012
AOR Received.
January 2nd, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
July 3rd, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 19th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 17th, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2nd, 2013
It has to be at least 1 year AND at least 30hrs/week. I don't think increasing the hours will make a difference in shortening the time period.

Depending on where you live you maybe eligible for your province nominee program.

nadeemshaikh

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wanted to know after applying for extension of work permit, how long does it take to get the application processed?

I was thinking as my work permit expires on 26 March 2014, I will apply for an extension of work permit, till the time it gets processed I can continue working under Implied status. Considering the application processing takes 1 month to get processed, till then I will get the needed 1 month experience. Regardless of the previous applications outcome, I will apply for CEC with 12 months experience.

What are your thoughts about it?

nadeemshaikh

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you say FN, what does that mean??

glanda said:
If I were you, I might try to apply CEC a month later, and try to get the FN. You can apply BOWP based on the FN.
Yes, your CEC might fail this time, but you can continue to work till you can gain enough time for you CEC, then you can apply CEC again.

nadeemshaikh

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. But I am not aware of applying or getting a FN. What does it mean- getting a FN and apply BOWP based on FN??

Sorry for the trouble but can you please explain?

posstr

Dec 23, 2012
nadeemshaikh said:
Thank you. But I am not aware of applying or getting a FN. What does it mean- getting a FN and apply BOWP based on FN??

Sorry for the trouble but can you please explain?

FN means file number,,,,,,,once u get file number after applying, u can use it towards your bowp,,,,,i hope it helps,,,,

nadeemshaikh

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When do we get AOR, is it when

• CIC receives the application package and checks whether it has all the documents needed and properly filled application form or
  • when CIC receives the application package they look for the CEC eligibility and all attached documents?
How long does CIC take, generally, to pick up and process and application for CEC ?

iam_toby said:
Yes, the AOR contains your filenumber.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
nadeemshaikh said:
When do we get AOR, is it when

• CIC receives the application package and checks whether it has all the documents needed and properly filled application form or
  • when CIC receives the application package they look for the CEC eligibility and all attached documents?
How long does CIC take, generally, to pick up and process and application for CEC ?

You get the AOR after completion check. AOR does not mean you're eligible, it only means
your application is complete and all forms are signed.
You'll get AOR after about 60 days and the whole application process can take anywhere from 8 to 13 months.

nadeemshaikh

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you everyone for patiently replying to all the queries.

Specially thanks to iam_toby

Thank you glanda as well for giving a good idea.

Aten

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Hi,

I was in your situation last year as I had only one year work permit. What I did was my company did LMO for me because when company hires a person through PGWP there ain't need of any advertisement or listing in job portal for LMO. So the process is pretty simple for the company to do LMO in your case. With gods grace I got positive LMO.