+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need direction to stay and continue work

nadeemshaikh

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I came to Canada with 1year student permit. My course ended on December 2012. I continued doing my internship until Feb 2013. I applied for PGWP and I received it in March 2013 with expiry of March 2014.

After receiving PGWP, I worked part-time (20 hours/week) in April. I got a job at a financial institution as an analyst and joined them in May 2013 a month after I got my PGWP.

I want to extend my stay under CEC. But as my work permit expires on March 2013, I will have 1 month less to be eligible. My work permit is from March 2013-March 2014 (12 months) and work experience would be from May 2013-March 2014 (11 months).

I inquired with my employer and they do not apply for LMO or anything. Nor I know which company offers LMO for their employee.

My job is full-time permanent and I would like to continue work and stay in Canada but it seems like there is no option for me.

Please help me if anyone suggest what can I do??

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
When does your passport expire?
I think PGWP should give you 3 years to find a job if I remember well and if nothing has changed since then.
Then you could extend your passport expiration date and extend your PGWP.

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
kaytea said:
When does your passport expire?
I think PGWP should give you 3 years to find a job if I remember well and if nothing has changed since then.
Then you could extend your passport expiration date and extend your PGWP.
You need 2 years study to get 3 years PGWP. 1 year study = 1 year PGWP.

nadeemshaikh

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My passport is not expiring, it is valid till 2020. Actually it's my PGWP that is expiring. I did 1 year of of Post Graduate study so I just have 1 year of PGWP.

I don't know how can I continue staying here.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
nadeemshaikh said:
My passport is not expiring, it is valid till 2020. Actually it's my PGWP that is expiring. I did 1 year of of Post Graduate study so I just have 1 year of PGWP.

I don't know how can I continue staying here.
How old are you, and where are you from?

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
try to find any OTHER job that fits in the NOC's job for CEC, and ask if the employer of this new job could make an LMO for you. But you should start looking for it like now.

That's what it comes to my mind, hope someone else can help you.
Best of luck.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
check out bridging work permit.

Edit: Sorry didn't notice that, you don't have the 1 year experience as of now.

nadeemshaikh

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even though I have a full-time permanent job with high salary and paying lot of taxes, I cannot extend my stay here? :(

Please correct me if I am wrong, shouldn't bridging work permit be applied after applying for CEC or any other extension?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
nadeemshaikh said:
Even though I have a full-time permanent job with high salary and paying lot of taxes, I cannot extend my stay here? :(

Please correct me if I am wrong, shouldn't bridging work permit be applied after applying for CEC or any other extension?
Correct, full-time job offer is not sufficient. In order to get a WP you'll need a LMO.
If you have a spouse or common-law partner who is working in Canada, you might be eligible for a
spouse dependant open WP.
Another option is the IEC program, that is, if you qualify. More information here: https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/

And yes, for BOWP you need to apply after filing your PR application, and AFTER receiving the AOR.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Get in to a masters program? (sorry i am out of ideas).
A lot of provinces allow Masters students/graduates apply for PR through PNP program.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
iamroth said:
Get in to a masters program? (sorry i am out of ideas).
A lot of provinces allow Masters students/graduates apply for PR through PNP program.
Same, I already ran out of idea. Haha

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERSAPPLY.html#_qualify

See if this helps you. Depending on which province you are in, there might be something similar.

Also, wondering if your internship and part-time work can be counted towards CEC (I have no idea but just thought of that).

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Ok I know this is not a traditional way, but i am just going to put it out there.

You are going to be here in Canada till March 2014. Now its September 2013.
So you have about 5-6 months. I suggest you start looking for a new NoC job, with LMO , vigorously, even of the pay is bad.
CIC does not care about wages, unless you are earning like $5/hr.

As I said earlier about Studying, but then I thought, you only need about 1-2 months to become eligible. So if you can somehow secure those 1/2 months, you don't have to get in to Studies again.

http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/
Check this website. It's a government site with job postings + its shows averages wage per jobs.

nadeemshaikh

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I can show that I worked 40hrs/week in the month of April through 2 part-time jobs + full time job from May then I believe I will have 1 year of experience by March 2014 when my permit expires. Do you think that would work?

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
nadeemshaikh said:
If I can show that I worked 40hrs/week in the month of April through 2 part-time jobs + full time job from May then I believe I will have 1 year of experience by March 2014 when my permit expires. Do you think that would work?
Your part-time job needs to be NOC 0/A/B. If so, it will work.