Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi guys,

Extremely disappointed about the immigration levels plan, but it is what it is. It's almost certain that we're not going to have any draws until the second half of this year.

Background -

1. I completed a 1-year PGWP program in management and then I completed my 1-year experience in NOC 2713 and I always have foreign experience in the same NOC. I have good enough points to secure an invitation should there be a draw in FSW/CEC. My studies & work-exp are in Ontario.

2. I want to know how exactly I need to proceed now since I am inside Canada and I am on a visitor record. Should I move to provinces that offer invitations? I see that BC PNP has issued nominations for 2173 NOC but for that do I just need a job offer? Can I start applying to companies in BC and take the PNP route? Since I am not on PGWP, what should I be mentioning to the HRs in interviews?

3. Any other provinces that I can look for that can send me a nomination with my above credentials? Any provinces that can nominate me without any job offer?

Thank you so much in advance for the help!

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
What you need to mention to any HR is that you will need them to obtain a positive LMIA in order for you to work for them.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

Extremely disappointed about the immigration levels plan, but it is what it is. It's almost certain that we're not going to have any draws until the second half of this year.

Background -

1. I completed a 1-year PGWP program in management and then I completed my 1-year experience in NOC 2713 and I always have foreign experience in the same NOC. I have good enough points to secure an invitation should there be a draw in FSW/CEC. My studies & work-exp are in Ontario.

2. I want to know how exactly I need to proceed now since I am inside Canada and I am on a visitor record. Should I move to provinces that offer invitations? I see that BC PNP has issued nominations for 2173 NOC but for that do I just need a job offer? Can I start applying to companies in BC and take the PNP route? Since I am not on PGWP, what should I be mentioning to the HRs in interviews?

3. Any other provinces that I can look for that can send me a nomination with my above credentials? Any provinces that can nominate me without any job offer?

Thank you so much in advance for the help!
1. How many points do you have exactly under the CRS points system? Are you in the range for the tech draws?
2. You need a job offer for BC. You need to tell HR that you are not authorized to work in Canada at this time and have visitor status. You can let them know that you are looking for an employer who is willing to give you a job offer (and ideally an approved LMIA) to support your PNP application and potentially an immediate application for a closed work permit. Note that there are requirements the employer needs to meet.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
1. How many points do you have exactly under the CRS points system? Are you in the range for the tech draws?
2. You need a job offer for BC. You need to tell HR that you are not authorized to work in Canada at this time and have visitor status. You can let them know that you are looking for an employer who is willing to give you a job offer (and ideally an approved LMIA) to support your PNP application and potentially an immediate application for a closed work permit. Note that there are requirements the employer needs to meet.
Hi, my CRS is 526 right now (bachelors + good ielts score + 1 year pgwp + 1 year cec exp + 3 years foreign exp)

Do I need an LMIA? I read that I just need a job offer in BC, isn't it the case?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, my CRS is 526 right now (bachelors + good ielts score + 1 year pgwp + 1 year cec exp + 3 years foreign exp)

Do I need an LMIA? I read that I just need a job offer in BC, isn't it the case?
So you are too high for Ontario. (Which I know doesn't make sense but it is what it is.)

For BC you just need a job offer from an employer that meets the employer requirements. However that would mean you can't start working immediately. You'd only be able to do that with an LMIA.

Reactions: Ryucnd

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
So you are too high for Ontario. (Which I know doesn't make sense but it is what it is.)

For BC you just need a job offer from an employer that meets the employer requirements. However that would mean you can't start working immediately. You'd only be able to do that with an LMIA.
Okay, I will look into it. Any other province I need to try?