new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
1 June 2010
Dear All

I need some advice

I am reading this thread since long time. This is really great thing that seniors are sharing their views and providing guidance to newbies.

I have made my application under Skilled Worker applications received after November 28, 2008 (Federal) but before the new rules this july.

I am from india and my visa office is new delhi. I know that i need to appear for the ielts exams to obtain 67 points. But my concern is that i am very close to 120 day. i have only one chance to get the require score. I am working very hard on that and hopefully get it. But in the worst scenario if i am unable to get the require score can i submit written explanation like i using english in my day to day activities and work as well. I know may be CIO at New Delhi will not consider it and send me a letter asking for the test or they straight way refuse my application? Because if CIO will send me letter requesting IELTS certificate then i can have some time for another attempt.

Kindly advice

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Magar, there are chances that IO rejects your application straight away rather then giving you time.

But if you do not have enough score first time it is rejection anyways

So take your call keeping in mind that you may or may not get a second chance all depends on VO

jojogeo

Mar 28, 2010
CIO IS ONLY IN SYDNEY, (CANADA).
OTHER OFFICES IS CALLED IS CALLED VISA OFFICE.
IF YOU READ THE MANUAL, IT STATE THAT APPLICATION RECEIVED ON OR AFTER 10TH OF APPRIEL AT CIO (CANADA) DONT HAVE CHANCE FOR ENGLISH TEST.
BUT FROM THE INDICATION YOUR APPLICATION WAS RECEIVED B4 10TH OF APPRIEL.

PLS READ BELOW CIC MANUAL PAGE 35-37. BUT PAGE 37 IS WHAT YOU NEED
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

magar

Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
1 June 2010
hi

thanks for ur reply

my application reached to CIO Sydney on 23 March 2010.

Does that means that by any reason before the deadline i m not able to get required Bands than i can just provide written clarification and VO will send me letter asking for the test result. And that way i can get some time.

Is that correct what i understand

please reply

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, if you applied before April 10, if they believe that you have some proficiency but not as many points as you are asking for, they are supposed to request that you take IELTS. If they believe from your submission that you have low proficiency, they may give you 0 points. It is also possible that they issue you however many points they feel like. All of the above was routinely happening to applicants without IELTS before April. Sometimes they do not even go by their own rules but try the IELTS and if you don't get enough points, do the letter of proficiency and hope for the best.

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Hi Magar,

I was in the same fix. I did send a written explanation in lieu of IELTS score with my documentation package to New Delhi. However, most forum members were of the opinion that IELTS scores hold good and this was only reiterated by the media releases available on the Canadian Website.

Moreover, if you read the OP Manual, the link has been shared by fellow members, it is clear how they will evaluate written submission.
I also understand written submissions fetch a maximum of 8points.

It would be a good idea to attempt IELTS ASAP and send it with your documents. Also, from the OP manual and March media release, it is clear, that applicants needn’t necessarily be given a second chance to establish their proficiency in English. Hence, you are at the mercy of the VO.

From the way you have constructed sentences in your last post, it is clear that you can get good scores in IELTS. So give it a shot at the earliest opportunity.

-Matlal

jojogeo

Mar 28, 2010
Matlal, it does not state that u can get maximum of 8 points, u can still get up to 16 points. it is base on the CANADIAN BENCH MARK OF 2006 EDITION.

Did you read the manual?
pls give good information.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, there is no rule stating that a written submission can only fetch 8 points but it is uncommon for people who are not native English speakers to be awarded full points with a written submission. I think I heard about someone who was an ESL teacher for many years who was granted full points while another person who had a university degree in English was sent to take IELTS and in the meantime, other people were granted whatever points the visa officer felt like.

In the old guidelines, prior to April, they were supposed to send you for IELTS if they do not evaluate you with the number of points you are asking for. After April, they were supposed to evaluate based on the written submission if you give one, and do not give you the chance to take IELTS. As of June 26, they require IELTS for all.