+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on TRV refusal

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I have not been affected by the floods.

I save around 750 cad per month and have been working for 3 years so yes it is realistic.

My brother became a Canadian citizen through his wife (she was on Canadian PR when they married).

This is what I showed as ties to Pakistan. Please let me know what I am missing apart from wife/kids:
  1. Job where I save 750 cad per month
  2. Car worth 18k cad (was gifted by my parents)
  3. Savings worth 20k cad
  4. Living with mother, 2 brothers and 1 sister
  5. House ownership which will pass from mother to her children including me (house is worth around 400k cad)
My trip was of 14 days and I think 20k cad is more than enough to cover the costs even if my brother didn't contribute.
Your case is quite straightforward and 95% of the time it would result in a rejection. All due to no significant ties in Pakistan, (mother, siblings, property in mother's name, gifted car) unfortunately do not count as ties. Spouse, business, job, property in your name (not one that is transfered in your name today, but has some history of atleast 6 months). Did you attach 6 months worth of payslips? Job letter signed by HR or manager confirming your job, salary, duration, and that you're approved for vacation days to visit Canada? ITRs (income tax returns) of atleast last 3 years, did you attach these?

You need to really convince the visa officer that you'll come back, and unfortunately the economic conditions, environmental / military / globally affecting conditions are not in favour of young (18-40 year olds) of returning back to Pakistan, once they leave.

Reactions: lucasinho

taq12345

Jul 31, 2020
Your case is quite straightforward and 95% of the time it would result in a rejection. All due to no significant ties in Pakistan, (mother, siblings, property in mother's name, gifted car) unfortunately do not count as ties. Spouse, business, job, property in your name (not one that is transfered in your name today, but has some history of atleast 6 months). Did you attach 6 months worth of payslips? Job letter signed by HR or manager confirming your job, salary, duration, and that you're approved for vacation days to visit Canada? ITRs (income tax returns) of atleast last 3 years, did you attach these?

You need to really convince the visa officer that you'll come back, and unfortunately the economic conditions, environmental / military / globally affecting conditions are not in favour of young (18-40 year olds) of returning back to Pakistan, once they leave.
Yes I have been working full time for three years. I gave last 8 months pay slips and bank statement along with Leave Approval. I also gave ITR of last 2 years. I'm just confused as to what I need to fix because apart from having a spouse and kids, I fulfill all criteria that is mentioned on these threads. I need to know if there is anything I can do apart from getting married to improve my chances. If I know, I can maybe apply again in a year and get approved at least.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Yes I have been working full time for three years. I gave last 8 months pay slips and bank statement along with Leave Approval. I also gave ITR of last 2 years. I'm just confused as to what I need to fix because apart from having a spouse and kids, I fulfill all criteria that is mentioned on these threads. I need to know if there is anything I can do apart from getting married to improve my chances. If I know, I can maybe apply again in a year and get approved at least.
I hear you, you could be a genuine person on the other end as well. Have you attached an invitation letter from your brother?

taq12345

Jul 31, 2020
I hear you, you could be a genuine person on the other end as well. Have you attached an invitation letter from your brother?
Yes. Invitation letter signed by both my brother and sister in law + passports/tax returns/bank statements/proof of relationship/driving license/lease agreement

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Yes. Invitation letter signed by both my brother and sister in law + passports/tax returns/bank statements/proof of relationship/driving license/lease agreement
I say reapply - include everything that you did same as last time. Only this time, include an additional letter explaining your points on what they’ve listed as rejection. Sometimes the visa officers don’t do the full due diligence as they’re trying to clear millions of applications.

1. Tell them that for you your mother is a significant tie, your other siblings (are or are not working, or too young to take care of her), and that you do not have significant ties to Canada as your brother and sister in law are not more significant to you than your mother and her care taking. Mention them that your brother and sis in law are law abiding citizens and you too are one (mention ITRs attached).
2. You can re-state your job, work history, pay salary, etc and mention that you’re Only visiting Canada to meet your brother and his wife, and you intend to continue building your career here in Pakistan.
3. Show your funds again and show you’ve been saving them from your payslips and have enough funds to buy tickets, travel insurance, and can fund your 14 days trip if need be to do yourself.

Re-apply and I’m sure it’ll get approved rather quickly.

taq12345

Jul 31, 2020
I say reapply - include everything that you did same as last time. Only this time, include an additional letter explaining your points on what they’ve listed as rejection. Sometimes the visa officers don’t do the full due diligence as they’re trying to clear millions of applications.

1. Tell them that for you your mother is a significant tie, your other siblings (are or are not working, or too young to take care of her), and that you do not have significant ties to Canada as your brother and sister in law are not more significant to you than your mother and her care taking. Mention them that your brother and sis in law are law abiding citizens and you too are one (mention ITRs attached).
2. You can re-state your job, work history, pay salary, etc and mention that you’re Only visiting Canada to meet your brother and his wife, and you intend to continue building your career here in Pakistan.
3. Show your funds again and show you’ve been saving them from your payslips and have enough funds to buy tickets, travel insurance, and can fund your 14 days trip if need be to do yourself.

Re-apply and I’m sure it’ll get approved rather quickly.
Thanks! I'll definitely do that. But should I order GCMS notes first or apply straight away?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Thanks! I'll definitely do that. But should I order GCMS notes first or apply straight away?
Do the above and apply directly. Don’t worry about GCMS notes, May Allah be with you in your good intentions, and your mother’s dua bring you more power and success, and you get your visa and not need GCMS notes again. :)

taq12345

Jul 31, 2020
Do the above and apply directly. Don’t worry about GCMS notes, May Allah be with you in your good intentions, and your mother’s dua bring you more power and success, and you get your visa and not need GCMS notes again. :)
Got it. Thanks a lot for taking out the time to help. Appreciate it :)

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Got it. Thanks a lot for taking out the time to help. Appreciate it :)
do u have any travel history specially UK, US n Australia? even though it is not mentioned on ur refusal reasons but it matters a lot so if u don't' have any travel history then u should first work on it before reapplying, otherwise there's a strong chance of refusal again bcoz ur homes ties and financials are very weak

Last edited:

lucasinho

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
How much would it cost approx?
Why would you want to spend money on lawyers for a visitor visa? Not even the government can make the IRCC change the decision. You just need to improve your ties to home country and maybe have some good travel history (US, UK, AUS, NZ).

Reactions: kumarh2020

taq12345

Jul 31, 2020
do u have any travel history specially UK, US n Australia? even though it is not mentioned on ur refusal reasons but it matters a lot so if u don't' have any travel history then u should first work on it before reapplying, otherwise there's a strong chance of refusal again bcoz ur homes ties and financials are very weak
I have traveled to Turkey and Dubai only. Also, isn't getting a UK, US and AUS visa just as difficult as Canada? What specifically is wrong with my home ties and financials (apart from wife/kids).

Why would you want to spend money on lawyers for a visitor visa? Not even the government can make the IRCC change the decision. You just need to improve your ties to home country and maybe have some good travel history (US, UK, AUS, NZ).
Understood.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have not been affected by the floods.

I save around 750 cad per month and have been working for 3 years so yes it is realistic.

My brother became a Canadian citizen through his wife (she was on Canadian PR when they married).

This is what I showed as ties to Pakistan. Please let me know what I am missing apart from wife/kids:
  1. Job where I save 750 cad per month
  2. Car worth 18k cad (was gifted by my parents)
  3. Savings worth 20k cad
  4. Living with mother, 2 brothers and 1 sister
  5. House ownership which will pass from mother to her children including me (house is worth around 400k cad)
My trip was of 14 days and I think 20k cad is more than enough to cover the costs even if my brother didn't contribute.
As others have pointed out. No point showing a car it isn’t going to be considered an asset or tie. Parent and siblings aren’t considered close family members like spouse and dependent children. Future inheritance of part of a home doesn’t count as anything. Assume you can save 750CAD/month because you aren’t paying rent or potentially other household costs. Whether your salary is viewed as competitive compared to Canadian salaries will be a factor and whether that may create an incentive to remain in Canada especially given current state of the economy in Pakistan.

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
I have traveled to Turkey and Dubai only. Also, isn't getting a UK, US and AUS visa just as difficult as Canada? What specifically is wrong with my home ties and financials (apart from wife/kids).

Understood.
Did u ever try US visa? according to ur profile, I think u hv a good chance to get US visa...specially nowadays they r very much flexible after covid19 shutdown but the only issue is getting interview appointment date which is taking lot of time

Reactions: lucasinho

pnshah51

Nov 1, 2022
Applied: 04th June 2022
Biometric: 09th June 2022
Rejection: 28th Oct 2022
Days Count : 141

Hi. I am principal applicant applied for a visitor visa from India with my wife and two kids. My real Elder Brother is Canadian Citizen. Following reasons for refusal

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.

• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

Can I Reapply with my family or apply for me only ???? Please reply