+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on tracking/logging procedures for PR status

Paradigm5

Mar 1, 2011
I recently asked the immigration official in Canada if it would be a good idea to have my passport stamped each time I enter the country just so I can have proof of entry for resident status, and he said yes. However, I will have to return to the States probably once a month to check on my property there, so this would mean there may be too many stamps to put in the passport (I am well aware of the "2 year out of 5" rule and fully intend to comply with it). My question is: Does anyone know what kind of "logs" one should keep regarding our comings and goings? Also, does anyone know if immigration tracks all PR entries and exits on computer? Because if they don't, it can't be so easy to prove the exact dates you've been in Canada.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I keep an Excel spreadsheet with these column headings to track my comings and goings. I haven't been keeping plane tickets and stuff like that, but I think I should. I also keep bank statements, lease agreements, insurance docs as proof of residency.

Dates Destination Number of Days out of Canada Accompanying CAN Citizen Purpose

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Too many stamps in the passport, I doubt it, my passport is loaded with entry stamps from all over the place.
Some overlap others, but the only problem is that some of them are not that easy to read.

The key issue it that we have to prove that we were in Canada, they don't have to prove anything.
In addition to plane tickets, I always keep all receipts, event entry stubs, etc