+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on this

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would like to ask your advice if I qualify for NOC-0111 for Financial Manager, with my 10 year work experience as General Manager of a trading company?

Can it be argued that I did financial and auditing tasks as part of my duties as General Manager?

Also, do I need to take IELTS(and which one to take: General Training or Academic?) if I come from the Philippines and graduated from De La Salle University,one of the top universities in the Philippines which uses English as medium of instruction?

Thank you.

charmeuse

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2008
AOR Received.
September 3, 2008
Med's Request
December 12, 2009
Med's Done....
December 24, 2009
Interview........
November 9, 2009
Passport Req..
December 12, 2009. Recd. by CHC on Jan 15, 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2010. E-cas status changed on 9 Feb, recd on 10 Feb.
LANDED..........
Smooth landing on June 26, 2010.
I think it is highly unlikely that a GM would pass off as an FM. Do wait for others to opine.

You have to take General IELTS unless your native language is English. Education in English doesn't usually count.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would still need to take the IELTS exam because your native language is not english. Even those who have studied in American universities had to take it if they came from countries whose first tongue is not english. The CIC requires the general exam.

Regarding your duties in NOC 0111, you can refer to this link http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/ProfileNocCode.aspx?val=0&val1=0111&val17=0111&val18=0&val19=0

Hope this helps.

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmeuse said:
I think it is highly unlikely that a GM would pass off as an FM. Do wait for others to opine.

You have to take General IELTS unless your native language is English. Education in English doesn't usually count.

But is there anything to lose in trying to apply via this option? I heard that the Canadian embassy will fully refund the fees, should the application be refused. Is this true, and any negative effects it might have on any future applications I make?

Also, where to file the application, to CIO in NS, or to the Canadian Embassy in my country?

Saw in the application form there are other options available to prove English proficiency. What are they?

As for IELTS, when do I need to take ITELTS, and when will the results of IELTS be needed to be filed?

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trinatocanada said:
You would still need to take the IELTS exam because your native language is not english. Even those who have studied in American universities had to take it if they came from countries whose first tongue is not english. The CIC requires the general exam.

Regarding your duties in NOC 0111, you can refer to this link http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/ProfileNocCode.aspx?val=0&val1=0111&val17=0111&val18=0&val19=0

Hope this helps.
Yes, I have checked this webpage before, and I do find many of the duties and responsibilities listed there are similar to many of the tasks in my everyday work, like preparing financial statements of the company, doing auditing operations, and monitoring systems.

Will it work if I argue this? I hope there are people out there who have actually applied, and give the results, and their experiences on this.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poissonmagique said:
I would like to ask your advice if I qualify for NOC-0111 for Financial Manager, with my 10 year work experience as General Manager of a trading company?

Can it be argued that I did financial and auditing tasks as part of my duties as General Manager?

Also, do I need to take IELTS(and which one to take: General Training or Academic?) if I come from the Philippines and graduated from De La Salle University,one of the top universities in the Philippines which uses English as medium of instruction?

Thank you.
Title is not important. I know the role of GM but every company has different titles so titles are not at all important. Yes you can apply provided you meet at least 75 % of the duties listed on the HRSDC wbesite for NOC 0111 and meet the other criteria.

You will need to take IELTS - General Training. If you score 67 points without counting IELTS points, then you do not need to give IELTS. But I will suggest you do.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
poissonmagique said:
But is there anything to lose in trying to apply via this option? I heard that the Canadian embassy will fully refund the fees, should the application be refused.
The application fee will be refunded if it is rejected at the first stage (CIO-Sydney - send the initial application there). If the application is recommended for further processing, you'll submit the full application to the local visa office (you'll have to look and see which office serves your country). If the application is rejected at this stage, the application fee is not refunded. If your job experience does not fit the NOC, it could be rejected at either stage.

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
The application fee will be refunded if it is rejected at the first stage (CIO-Sydney - send the initial application there). If the application is recommended for further processing, you'll submit the full application to the local visa office (you'll have to look and see which office serves your country). If the application is rejected at this stage, the application fee is not refunded. If your job experience does not fit the NOC, it could be rejected at either stage.
You mean the completed IMM008, bank draft for payment, and other documents(passport,birth certificates,diplomas,bank certificates,etc.) should first be mailed to CIO-Sydney?

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
poissonmagique said:

Thank you.
Canadian visa office does not bother if yr university uses english as medium of instruction! Its indicated that all non natives speakers from countries other than USA, Canada, England and Australia are required to submit ILETS to obtain the appropriorate scores and to prove their proficiency in english.

General manager job scope is not a financial manager or an auditor!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
poissonmagique said:
You mean the completed IMM008, bank draft for payment, and other documents(passport,birth certificates,diplomas,bank certificates,etc.) should first be mailed to CIO-Sydney?
To quote PMM, "when all else fails, read the instructions."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/applications/skilled.asp

Ranjha

Dec 8, 2009
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello

IELTS is must,,,,general one,,,,,and about urjob,,,the officers are very very carefull about ur job duties and skills which come along in ur daily routine,,,,so if u will not match at any place,,u will b kicked out

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0111

at the above link u will get the dues which are required for 0111...or u can do one thing ,,,at ur jobplace talk to the seniors that if they can give u an expeirince letter with title of business manager and with required job responsibilities??

remember there is no one who has everything according to the law,,u have to get urself fit into it ;) ;) ;) ;)