+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need a specific information about GIC of 10,000$ for SDS Canadian Visa.

Same321321

Nov 10, 2018
Hi,

Currently I am planing to apply for Canadian study permit through Student Direct Stream (SDS). We are maintaining a bank balance for the past 12 months which is worth of 15,000$ in India. Can we show that bank balance and a education loan instead of taking a 10,000$ of GIC for my Canadian study permit through Student Direct Stream(SDS)?

Thank you.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi,

Currently I am planing to apply for Canadian study permit through Student Direct Stream (SDS). We are maintaining a bank balance for the past 12 months which is worth of 15,000$ in India. Can we show that bank balance and a education loan instead of taking a 10,000$ of GIC for my Canadian study permit through Student Direct Stream(SDS)?

Thank you.
No, for SDS stream GIC of 10,000 CAD plus first year tuition fees paid upfront.

Harman221

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi,

Thank you.
Make your GIC payment and apply your file in embassy as soon as possible, Because GIC from 1st April is going to be $20,000 CAD

Harman221

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
I was updated by IDP today, you will come to know this soon from other sources. Tomorrow newspaper may contain this news.

Samadhani

Jul 15, 2014
I am a 2014 mechanical engineering passout. I have read that there is maximum gap of 5 years allowed between studies and i want to know upto what term can i apply (2019 sept intake or 2020 jan intake)?

I have another doubt on visa approval as well. As i ihave been working as business development manager after my engineering would it be possible for me to apply to business analytics course? Few of the consultancies i have checked are saying visa wouldnt get approved.

Please help me out on these issues.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Today i read all the newspaper but there is no news regarding increment in gic amount
I guess IDP just make fool of you lol
As far as I know individual banks have different limits for how much money you want to put in the GIC

Soctiabank: Upto 50,000 CAD
ICICI : Upto 10,000 CAD
CIBC: Upto 20,00 CAD
SBI: Upto 10,000 CAD

The amount we have to put depends on what the Canadian government thinks an individual needs in a year. At the current moment this is 10,000 CAD for All provinces other than Quebec and 11,000 for Quebec. Unless this changes, there will be no change in the GIC required for SDS visa. I am assuming some banks may increase the amount of money you can put into their GIC program, but this will not affect SDS visa unless intimated by IRCC. Such decisions will be notified in advance, and not a month prior.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Can u plz tell me can we pay both fee and GIC at the same time
What fee are you talking about ? Provided you have the finances you can pay both your tuition fee and GIC at the same time. Only once you get a certificate from your chosen bank, which will tell you that you GIC account is created will you be able to apply for the visa.

I would advise not to panic. What GIC limit are they talking about ? If it is the bank that is going to increase the limit then there is nothing to worry about. IRCC will inform before making such decisions.

Reactions: rahuln