+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

Shanmuga

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 - 04 - 2013
File Transfer...
04 - 04 - 2013
Med's Request
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
Good Morning everyone!

This is the latest update from PAFSO. Lets pray the Canada government will accept this offer and resolve the problem.

18 July 2013 - Statement by the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers: Offer of Binding Arbitration

Tim Edwards, President of the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO), issued the following statement on July 18, 2013 in Ottawa:

“In light of the severe and mounting impacts of job action by Canada’s Foreign Service on our country’s tourism, education, air transport, and agriculture sectors – to say nothing of the effects which delays in visa and immigrant processing are inflicting on applicants and their families around the world – PAFSO has today offered the President of the Treasury Board to take our dispute to binding third-party arbitration.

“PAFSO’s offer will expire at noon on Tuesday, July 23. If we do not receive acceptance in writing from the employer by then, we will deem the Government to have rejected the offer.

“The key issue since day one has been equal pay for equal work in comparison to other federal government professionals. This issue has been festering for eight years. We were prevented from resolving these salary gaps in 2009 when the Government circumvented collective bargaining and imposed wages through legislation. Despite PAFSO accepting the employer’s two key demands in the current round of bargaining, the Government has refused to acknowledge this salary discrimination. Job action was the only tool left to us under the laws which govern collective bargaining.

“Eliminating wage gaps between Foreign Service officers and comparable professional groups in the federal public service would cost $4.2 million, a tiny fraction of the massive fallout the Government is inflicting on the Canadian economy through their inflexibility. The Government’s reluctance to settle this dispute – for what amounts to 1.5% of the estimated fallout on tourism alone – is unreasonable and irresponsible. It is in everyone’s best interest that the dispute be resolved as soon as possible.

“PAFSO is not as eager as our employer to keep playing a game of ‘chicken’ while jeopardizing the livelihoods of tens of thousands of Canadians nationwide. PAFSO has heard the concerns of Canadians and Canadian businesses. This is why we have taken the decision to act responsibly and commit to finding alternate solutions in the face of the Government’s stubborn refusal to compromise.

“We are prepared to maintain our strike through the summer and deep into the fall if necessary. We would prefer that the employer accept our offer of binding arbitration so we can get back to doing what we do best: building a more prosperous, secure, and diverse future for Canada. If the Government sincerely believes its offer is ‘fair and reasonable’, they should have no concerns with presenting that position to an independent third party. We await the Government’s response.”

niruban44

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Belief/Hope is always given by people who sabotage our livelihood.

If you look into the statement closely,
[PAFSO is not as eager as our employer to keep playing a game of ‘chicken' while jeopardizing the livelihoods of tens of thousands of Canadians nationwide. PAFSO has heard the concerns of Canadians and Canadian businesses. This is why we have taken the decision to act responsibly and commit to finding alternate solutions in the face of the Government's stubborn refusal to compromise]

you should get a clear picture that PAFSO is using strong provocative words. They have shown their anger in the statement and I doubt if government will oblige their DEMAND. If they do so, their name will be thrown to mud by media.

Why would government agree to a third party arbitration and who are they to fix the timeline . Naturally, as a government authority it brings anger on reading the statement given by PAFSO. I fear this shouldn't stop any planned negotiation.

I believe by giving out this statement PAFSO have made sure, this issue isn't going to be solved with negotiation. According to me if it works, I am the happiest person.

Keep your hopes alive, but don't fall into these statements by PAFSO. Follow only what Government Officials say, they are the ultimate deciding authorities no matter what happens to applicants or families or business.

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
hai folks,

today I got medical request from CHC, New Delhi. ;D ;D

narmadajn

Star Member
May 24, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march-11-2013
Hi AVM

Congrats on receiving your medical request but how did you receive on Saturday? You applied through agency or directly?

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
narmadajn said:
Hi AVM

Congrats on receiving your medical request but how did you receive on Saturday? You applied through agency or directly?
hai narmadajn,

thanks for your wishes.

today at 2pm I got the mail. Me too surprised getting MR on Saturday especially in strike-days.

I applied directly.

I wish, very soon you guys will hear good news

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
avm said:
hai narmadajn,

thanks for your wishes.

today at 2pm I got the mail. Me too surprised getting MR on Saturday especially in strike-days.

I applied directly.

Congrats buddy! That's awesome... :D

I guess these guys work saturday's also to cover up the delay..All the very best!!

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
avm said:
hai narmadajn,

thanks for your wishes.

I applied directly.

BTW AVM....You have applied for OWP S...What does your spouse do in Canada? I mean is ur spouse student or working

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
roop9 said:
Congrats buddy! That's awesome... :D

I guess these guys work saturday's also to cover up the delay..All the very best!!
hai roop9,

thank you so much. My spouse is student in Canada.

very shortly, you too hear good news ROOP9.

madu1107

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
07-06-2013
IELTS Request
Band 8 (submitted with application)
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
avm said:
hai folks,

Hi,

Congratzzz... All the best!!!

Madu

Manish25

May 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Med's Request
22/08/13
Med's Done....
23/08/13
Passport Req..
submited with application
VISA ISSUED...
6/09/2013
Congratulation avm,
After long time seen good news

Shanmuga

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 - 04 - 2013
File Transfer...
04 - 04 - 2013
Med's Request
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
avm said:
hai folks,

Congratulation avm :) :) :) I think CHC is busy with march applicants, even friend of mine who applied on 8th march got MR early this week. Once again i congratulate u. All the very best.

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
many thanks for all.

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
avm said:
hai folks,

Congrats AVM.... finally a gud news after so long .... hope they will wrap up with march applicants and start wd april ones and further sooner .... All d best !!