+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
roop9 said:
Hi avm

Thank you creating this page wherein we could check all applicants in a glance.

All i could get from the stats is;

1) Out of 34 applicants 16 are OWP-S i.e. approx 50%... 8 are ICT (Inter company transfer) i.e. approx 25%... 8 are CWP and TWP (with and without LMO)...approx 25%

2) Total 5 applicants have got their visas approved. Out of these applicants 3 are ICT & Other 2 are feb applicants.

3) Out of 29, we have 1 feb applicant, 9 march applicants applied, 12 april applicants, 4 may & 3 June applicants.

4) Only 2 medical request 1 in may and 1 in June.

Analysis:

OWP S are currently getting lowest priority in terms of applications, which can be figured out from the fact that 16 applicants are still left for processing, while ICT are getting highest priority.

Overall only 15% applications have been processed.

Out of 30 pending applications, 1 applicant will complete 5 months post application submission, 9 applicants 4 months, 13 applicants 3 months, 4 applicants 2 months

Considering this 3-6 months should be taken into consideration post application submission(2-5 months for medicals).

Note: This analysis is only based on the users filling up the excel. We should understand that there would be many applicants who must have got their visas approved in given time period. Also some of the users might not be comfortable putting up their data in forum. And many users might not be aware of this community. Based on which overall analysis should be considered.

Other experienced users please update your analysis as well..

Thanks
Hai roop09,

you are right High commission is giving less priority to OWP-S. Processing of ICT visas are some what faster than ever . One of my relative who works in multinational company applied to ICT for 2-years in the month of April,2013. He got visa for himself and TRV for spouse, son &daughter in June. They landed in Canada in June itself.

I referred Previous data of New Delhi Workpermit applicants Chart, those who applied around in Nov, Dec 2012 in 82 page Reply no:1218 of this thread. They are all got the visas with-in 3-months

for us it is taking 5-6 months. PAFSO strike also causing much more delays.

it is really testing time for our patience

let us hope for the best

Thanks

Indura

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA received August 21, 2015
avm said:
Hai roop09,

you are right High commission is giving less priority to OWP-S. Processing of ICT visas are some what faster than ever . One of my relative who works in multinational company applied to ICT for 2-years in the month of April,2013. He got visa for himself and TRV for spouse, son &daughter in June. They landed in Canada in June itself.

I referred Previous data of New Delhi Workpermit applicants Chart, those who applied around in Nov, Dec 2012 in 82 page Reply no:1218 of this thread. They are all got the visas with-in 3-months

for us it is taking 5-6 months. PAFSO strike also causing much more delays.

it is really testing time for our patience

let us hope for the best

Thanks

Hi,

Mine is ICT visa, applied on 1st April. No medical request yet. The logic stated by you doesnt hold good! CHC is processing with some random logic.

niruban44

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Got this reply after repeated mailing -

" The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Contingency plans are in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority is being placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

Unfortunately this means that this application is still pending officer review and we are unable to advise when a decision can be expected. "

Regards,
April 18th CWP+LMO applicant who is waiting for some good news

ANIXDUTJ

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-apr-2013
Even i got the same reply from the HC...
This seems like a general reply ....not of much use

Maini

May 29, 2013
I agree with Indura. I have also applied for an ICT work permit and submitted my application on 25th March. I haven't heard anything from the CHC either despite sending emails, fax and even a letter in person. So I really don't know what random logic these people are applying while processing visas!

varsha13

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
finally a looooooong wait of 6 months is over. Received an approval mail for my OWP-S,but haven't received mine and my daughter's passport with the stamped visa. Anybody knows here how long would it take for the passport to be dispatched once the work permit is approved??

varsha13

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
chintan_155 said:
Hi all,

I have received OWP approval mail y'day. Passport is awaited.
I applied for entire family under respective category suitable for each.

Like,
OWP- for Myself,
TRV- for Spouse & Son,
Study- for Daughter

Out of which y'day I received approval mail for OWP & Study.
Yet TRV approval is awaited.

Any such case happened with anybody whoes family member's approval came with some delay even though all are applied together in single envelop.
Hi Chintan,

Did you guys receive your passports yet?

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
varsha13 said:
finally a looooooong wait of 6 months is over. Received an approval mail for my OWP-S,but haven't received mine and my daughter's passport with the stamped visa. Anybody knows here how long would it take for the passport to be dispatched once the work permit is approved??
Hai Varsha13,

first of all congratulations to you. Ultimately, your 6-months long wait ended with sweet news.

I wish you happy life in Canada.

RESHMA16

Jun 18, 2013
Hi nice to c your post.I have few doubts about my application so i would like to know some informtaion kindly please help me in this regard . Im working in Dubai and my hubby is in Canada under work permit since april 2012 and i have applied OWP on may 06/2013 and till now no reply from embassy . I had sent a mail on June 10th to check my application status. On June 16th i have received reply from emassy with one no i hope its a file no i.e W327009861.
I have submitted all my documents i.e my C.V and my graduation certificate,my empolyment certificates,my husbands bank statment,his company letter,marrriage certificate and other suporting documents (visa fee,my bank statment,original passport)
Im tensed cuse so far i havent receive nay update and i have directly submitted my documents to embassy not through VFS

can you please tell me how much time it will take to get my visa

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
RESHMA16 said:
Hi nice to c your post.I have few doubts about my application so i would like to know some informtaion kindly please help me in this regard . Im working in Dubai and my hubby is in Canada under work permit since april 2012 and i have applied OWP on may 06/2013 and till now no reply from embassy . I had sent a mail on June 10th to check my application status. On June 16th i have received reply from emassy with one no i hope its a file no i.e W327009861.
I have submitted all my documents i.e my C.V and my graduation certificate,my empolyment certificates,my husbands bank statment,his company letter,marrriage certificate and other suporting documents (visa fee,my bank statment,original passport)
Im tensed cuse so far i havent receive nay update and i have directly submitted my documents to embassy not through VFS

can you please tell me how much time it will take to get my visa

Where did you applied your visa dubai or Newdelhi?.

NewDelhi processing time for OWP-S visa is officially( as per cic.gc.ca website) 2-months. But unofficially it is around 6-months.

canvin123

Mar 7, 2013
Hi Varsha,

Congratulations & All the Best!!!

I have applied on JAN 11 2013 for myself,my wife & baby and have not received any reply till date. We are totally in frustration?

Did you send any reminder mails/faxes to the embassy?? If so can you suggest us how many reminder mails can we send them?

Pls. suggest.

CANVIN

chintan_155

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP:06-Feb-2013, PR:30-Jan-13
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
OWP: 06-06-2013, PR: 06-03-13 (1st AOR from Nova Scotia, 2nd 28-06-13)
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sent back: 14-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
Landed. PR file transfered to Srilanka.
varsha13 said:
Hi Chintan,

Did you guys receive your passports yet?
Hi Varsha,
After getting e-mail approval I got passport after 4 days. (4th Jul email received. 8th July PP received).
Further, I only got mail for WP (for myself) and Study Permit (for daughter-6Y Old).
For TRV (for spouse & son 2Y old) I didn't receive approval mail.

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
varsha13 said:
Congrats Varsha. Wish you good luck