+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

purik

May 7, 2013
sjoms said:
hi purik
thanks for your advice..today I sent an email to high commission asking them for consideration...
Im planning to go to NDVO next week..will wait till friday for any positive outcomes..
But are you sure once I travel so far i.e from south India to Delhi..will they allow me to meet the visa officer..

regards
s.j
If you are not in New Delhi. I would suggest visit your local VFS office and ask them to send an application marked as URGENT in the subject line. ALso what worked for me was I faxed the email document with subject line as URGENT: KIND ATTENTION VISA OFFICER.

Your communications are always received and read by the staff at NDVO, its just that they do not have enough resources dedicated to responding to you. There were two instances where the visa offficer had to respond to my communication and I did receieve a response or action by NDVO.

purik

May 7, 2013
In addition, I would suggest sending your Medical Receit and acknowledgement stamped and signed by medical authority along with your communication to Visa Office and VFS as soon as it is done.

craving_soul

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Do we need to go to VFS or NDVO for withdrawl of application.

Is there any process to get the passport back while file in the process?

purik

May 7, 2013
craving_soul said:
Do we need to go to VFS or NDVO for withdrawl of application.

Is there any process to get the passport back while file in the process?
You can withdraw your passport only if it is under emergency or other urgent circumstance.

craving_soul

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
purik said:
You can withdraw your passport only if it is under emergency or other urgent circumstance.
We need our passport for PR application.

deva reddy

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. Purik, thanks for throwing valuable suggestions. So still NDVO looks into the medical reports, they will not process the file or issue the VISA. So sending fax or sending Request letter to expedite the process would definitely work am i right?

vishsang

Mar 26, 2013
Hello folks,

Finally after 2+ months my spouse and I received emails asking us to complete our medical examinations.

Our case is:

Mar 4: Applied at VFS Mumbai for employer sponsored Work Permit (attached a valid CAQ and LMO) + open work permit for spouse
Mar 5: NDVO received the application
Apr 9: We urgently needed our passports for a personal matter and sent an email to CHC asking to borrow the passports for a week
Apr 12: Collected just our passports from VFS
Apr 18: Wrote to CHC asking them for instructions to return the passports, no response yet
May 16: Medicals request received.

anjushri

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
vishsang said:
Hello folks,

Finally after 2+ months my spouse and I received emails asking us to complete our medical examinations.

Our case is:

Mar 4: Applied at VFS Mumbai for employer sponsored Work Permit (attached a valid CAQ and LMO) + open work permit for spouse
Mar 5: NDVO received the application
Apr 9: We urgently needed our passports for a personal matter and sent an email to CHC asking to borrow the passports for a week
Apr 12: Collected just our passports from VFS
Apr 18: Wrote to CHC asking them for instructions to return the passports, no response yet
May 16: Medicals request received.

Congrats VSang.. Let us hope you get a faster response post medicals..

-AS

vishsang

Mar 26, 2013
craving_soul said:
We need our passport for PR application.
Please write an email to the CHC with the subject "URGENT: <insert your for email here>" for example "URGENT: Request for withdrawal for application". Mention in the email body full name of all applicants, Passport numbers, date of births, address, VFS reference numbers, file number (if known), client id(if known).

Explain that you need to withdraw your application as you have a PR application in progress and that you need to submit your passports against that application.

I needed my passports for an urgent personal matter without withdrawing my application and I received my passport back within 4 working days.

Good luck.

Mimmi

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
vishsang said:
Please write an email to the CHC with the subject "URGENT: <insert your for email here>" for example "URGENT: Request for withdrawal for application". Mention in the email body full name of all applicants, Passport numbers, date of births, address, VFS reference numbers, file number (if known), client id(if known).

Explain that you need to withdraw your application as you have a PR application in progress and that you need to submit your passports against that application.

I needed my passports for an urgent personal matter without withdrawing my application and I received my passport back within 4 working days.

Good luck.
Hi vishsang
I wish I would have seeker help from you before regarding the passport as I had registered for ielts and I had to cancel and waste my money and time as I was unaware of this process of getting the pp back without withdrawing..hmmmm anyways thanks.

vishsang

Mar 26, 2013
Mimmi said:
Hi vishsang
I wish I would have seeker help from you before regarding the passport as I had registered for ielts and I had to cancel and waste my money and time as I was unaware of this process of getting the pp back without withdrawing..hmmmm anyways thanks.
I apologize for not mentioning this earlier Mimmi. Reading this thread everyday was making me stressed and frustrated, so I took few weeks away from it for sake of my health :(

anjushri

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Friends,

Finally some news on my visa.

Passport released by the Canadian High Commission, 7/8 SHANTIPATH, CHANKYAPURI, -, NEW DELHI, Pin:110021, Tel: on 16/05/2013 and is in Transit.

Waiting eagerly to hear from our internal department and the agent to see what the news is. :-X
Our medicals were submitted along with the document package.

So it looks like things are finally moving fast at NDVO.

-AS