+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

sjoms

Apr 1, 2013
craving_soul said:
Seems ND is working very slow. upto 4 weeks :eek: is too much for work visa.
I applied my wife OWP in ND at 2nd APR and no medical request yet, same time i applied for her PR and we got her medical request.
This is insane, ND is too slow and now we are stuck as ND ofc is holding her passport :mad:
hi
any updates...about your spouse's visa?

regards
s.j

sjoms

Apr 1, 2013
purik said:
Hi Sjoms,

Has it been 20 business days since your medical result submission or 20 days in total. Please keep in mind that there was a holiday in April other than the weekends.

In addition I would also like to update the forum that today at VFS Delhi my wife learned that NDVO opens window for enquiry between 11 am - 12 noon Mon - Thurs. This is not published anywhere and you can only learn in case you visit VFS office in person and demand knowledge of the best way to reach out to Canadian Immigration.
hi purik
any updates..?

regards
s.j

varsha13

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
roop9 said:
@ varsha 13

I am on OWP Spousal where my spouse is an International student in Canada.

You had applied in January. Am i correct?

I have applied in March
yes Roop i applied on jan3rd and until now i havent received any coomunication from the VO, also i submitted my medicals along with the application

deva reddy

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Hi Sjoms,

Yes I have applied for ICT-WP, normally it should take less time to process but due to unusual delay I didn't get the VISA till date. I am hoping that it would come during this week.

Mimmi

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
Please work with us, by allowing plenty of time for your application to be processed. March - June are the busiest times of the year for us, and we may not be able to process your application as fast as usual if you apply during this time.

This is on the vfs website,don't know whether this is the reason for delay.

blackbeauty_xxx

Mar 28, 2013
nikoli said:
Thanks sjoms :)
Yes I got a letter from embassy that the visa has been approved. In my case VFS had goofed up as they did not hand over the document on time.. so they tried hard to get my passport as early as possible post that..

In your case, dont rely on VFS's word.. they dont have any authority on how the embassy processes the visa.. all you can do is contact VO by mailing them or raising a case specifit enquiry..
Hi,

Congratulations....!

Regards,
BB.

purik

May 7, 2013
Finally, my wife received an email today that OWP - S is approved. Had I not raised it with the Canadian High Commission it would have taken longer it seems.

sjoms

Apr 1, 2013
purik said:
Finally, my wife received an email today that OWP - S is approved. Had I not raised it with the Canadian High Commission it would have taken longer it seems.
hi purik
first of all congrats..convey my best wishes to your spouse..
Thank god for the good news..so it means they are working on our cases..
But purik can you pls tell me one thing...before going to the embassy, should we have to collect any permission letter from vfs ?

regards
s.j

purik

May 7, 2013
sjoms said:
hi purik
first of all congrats..convey my best wishes to your spouse..
Thank god for the good news..so it means they are working on our cases..
But purik can you pls tell me one thing...before going to the embassy, should we have to collect any permission letter from vfs ?

regards
s.j
Thanks S.J

You need to visit VFS and request them on way forward and make a case. They should suggest you to visit NDVO. The security at NDVO will ask you as to who sent you here, an official letter from VFS is not neccessary

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
purik said:
Congrats Purik. Could you share your timeline? when was the OWP-S application filed? are you a student or on WP?

In btwn, how did you raise the delay with Canadian High Commission - is it via an email or other source? any help is appreciated!

purik

May 7, 2013
canadahelp7 said:
Congrats Purik. Could you share your timeline? when was the OWP-S application filed? are you a student or on WP?

In btwn, how did you raise the delay with Canadian High Commission - is it via an email or other source? any help is appreciated!
Application date: Nov 21, 2012 (submitted with Medical)
Request for additional documents: Jan 23, 2013
Additional documents submitted: Feb 12, 2013 - Relationship Questionnaire
New Medical Request (test done same day) - April 08, 2013
Mail sent visa VFS Canada on May 8 requesting NDVO for consideration
Visited High Commission and met Visa officer on May 9, 2013 - sent an email and fax to High Commission on Visa Officer's suggestion.

In addition to the above information, it would be essential for the forum to know that after submission of additional documents, I requested Member of Parliament office in Toronto to follow up on my behalf and the response received on March 26, 2013 was that new MRR requested, results not on hand. The letter from MP office also mentioned that the Ministry of Immigration and Citizenship has cut down on their resources and therefore the staff is swamped with application.

I have a PGWP in Canada after graduating from MBA program last year. Hope this helps.

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
@ purik

Congratulations!! Wow it took 6 months for your visa to come. :eek:
Seems like NDVO is very slow...
Wait was worth the watch for you. Hope the process speeds up and people start getting their visas.

All the best!!

craving_soul

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
sjoms said:
hi
any updates...about your spouse's visa?

regards
s.j
Not yet, not even medical call.

deva reddy

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Hi Purik,

Congratulations!!

So They are working on the cases which is on urgent or cases brought to their attention. So every applicant should either send a request letter or go in person and request them about the application:( to speed up the process.