+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

navster

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
hi varsha,devareddy,anjushri and all,

can you guys please help me in getting out of this situation: my wifes trv was rejected two times and i am full time student and got visa till feb next year,
can you please tell me whether i shud go for trv now or owp?

and will this month be overloaded with applications? i mean will it take more time that yours to get to know abt owp?

please help me..

thanks
navster

anjushri

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
navster said:

can you guys please help me in getting out of this situation: my wifes trv was rejected two times and i am full time student and got visa till feb next year,

and will this month be overloaded with applications? i mean will it take more time that yours to get to know abt owp?

please help me..

thanks
navster
As per my understanding, if a dependent is not travelling with the primary applicant a lot of documentation needs to be provided for the dependent to prove that he / she will come back to India after the visa period ends. I guess these verifications are done for both TRV and OWP. A TRV is generally processed within 2 weeks where as the timelines for a seperate S-OWP on this forum ranged from 2 - 5 months.

Better thing for you would be to understand why the TRV was rejected earlier, re apply for a TRV and provide more documentation this time to support her case.

My 2 Cents. Experts from the forum may agree or disagree.

-AS

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
@ varsha 13

I am on OWP Spousal where my spouse is an International student in Canada.

You had applied in January. Am i correct?

I have applied in March

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
@ navster

I guess you need to;

1) Hire a good lawyer and take his guidance on how to move forward with your case. Since he will be your representative so there are chances that documentation will be up to Embassy's standards.

2) Spousal visa is your right and under CIC's law your spouse is eligible for work permit till your study permit finishes. Embassy needs to have a strong reason to reject your case. You can always appeal in that case. Travel is a generic visa and usually Embassy give common reasons like Not able to provide tie's to home country, Travel History etc. And you cannot appeal in this case of TRV.
Although OWP-S takes a longer duration. It is preferable.

Note: Both TRV and OWP-S have their pros and cons. Both are equally difficult to process. Need to have perfect documentation.

navster said:

please help me..

thanks
navster

nikoli

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
sjoms said:
hi nikoli
first of all..congrats..so happy for you..u had waited so long..so did u get an email of OWP-S approval from the embassy ?
I dont know nikoli..initially when i went to delhi vfs..they said NDVO is waiting to get my medical reports..then when I submitted my medical check bills and receipt to them..they said in 10 days time I will get my passport..but till now no updates..I now dont know when will I get my visa..

joms
Thanks sjoms :)
Yes I got a letter from embassy that the visa has been approved. In my case VFS had goofed up as they did not hand over the document on time.. so they tried hard to get my passport as early as possible post that..

In your case, dont rely on VFS's word.. they dont have any authority on how the embassy processes the visa.. all you can do is contact VO by mailing them or raising a case specifit enquiry..

nikoli

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Mimmi said:
What do you mean by additional documents? And is police clearance certificate also needed for Sowp.
they asked me to submit pay slips and bank statements of spouse.. I did not send any police clearance certificate..

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
nikoli said:
they asked me to submit pay slips and bank statements of spouse.. I did not send any police clearance certificate..
Happy for you, Nikoli - Congratulations!

Was the additional documents for pay slip, bank statement from your partner in Canada? Did you not submit this with your OWP-S application?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
This is my personal experience:

do not apply for owp - 99% rejection - there are few lucky ones who got approved based on their credentials -

TRV - ensure u have enough proof that applicant will return ;

return confirmed ticket - not just itineary
letter of invite - (eg: attending graduation ceremony of student studying in canada) letter from college
must be completed atleast 1 semester and must be in good standing ( 3.00 gpa )
(do not make a mistake of inviting before 1 semester - 100% rejection)
job ties - bonded letter if possible from company employed
enrolment to competitive course - (IAS etc )
lease - for house - showing advance paid and terms of contract
new vehicle loan if available
representation by good lawyer

hope this helps , let me know if any doubts.

again all is ur choice to follow - the above is solid for visa.. good luck

deva reddy

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Hi Sjoms,

Thanks for your advise!

Myself and 3 of my resources applied for ICT-WP through one of the leading lawyers group from CANADA. They sent a mail to CHC couple of times by inquiring about VISA status but there is no response till date from CHC. Even I am surprised about the time they are taking to issue the VISA after getting the medical reports. When we sent the application package it was a paper submission but now it is online. Due to Pen down and other media issues on TR's in Canada created lot of delay for all of us. We are really frustrated about the time CHC is taking to process the VISA's. We are going to send a request letter to CHC in a day or two to provide the status of the applications.

nikoli

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
canadahelp7 said:
Happy for you, Nikoli - Congratulations!

Was the additional documents for pay slip, bank statement from your partner in Canada? Did you not submit this with your OWP-S application?
I did not submit the pay slips and bank statement as he had not received his first pay check by the time i applied. However, I had submited bank account opening documents and offer letter which explained the pay structure. But I guess they wanted the proofs..

sjoms

Apr 1, 2013
deva reddy said:
Hi Sjoms,

Thanks for your advise!

Myself and 3 of my resources applied for ICT-WP through one of the leading lawyers group from CANADA. They sent a mail to CHC couple of times by inquiring about VISA status but there is no response till date from CHC. Even I am surprised about the time they are taking to issue the VISA after getting the medical reports. When we sent the application package it was a paper submission but now it is online. Due to Pen down and other media issues on TR's in Canada created lot of delay for all of us. We are really frustrated about the time CHC is taking to process the VISA's. We are going to send a request letter to CHC in a day or two to provide the status of the applications.
hi deva reddy
so you had applied for a CWP right..I thought you had applied for OWP-S..but according to what I have noticed in the forum..CWP guys used to get their visa quickly than us..I too heard about some protests going on in canada..anyways from last week NDVO has started working again on the files..lets hope for the best..

regards,
s.j