+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

purik

May 7, 2013
Mimmi said:
Which additional documents were requested.

Relationship Questionairre. A set of 10 questions that require explaination along with enclosures such as phone/skype call logs, email communication to authenticate the relationship between you and your spouse. However this is usually the case when newly married couples apply for OWP - S. Also, we missed submitting our wedding picture, therefore they NDVO requested for ceremony details, pictures as well.

nikoli

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
I applied on 22nd January. On 5th April embassy sent a document to VFS office in bangalore for additional documents. But I was not aware of this. I called VFS call center once to enquire if there is any document for me but they did not inform me. Then on 2nd May I got a call that I have a document waiting.

The deadline for submitting additional documents was on 15th April. After a lot of arguments with VFS (who initially refused to own up) they agreed to write to embassy mentioning it was an error on their part. I have already sent the documents on 3rd May and today by email.

Any suggestions what can be done now? Anyone else who has faced any similar issue? I am thinking of suing VFS but want to wait for a week as VFS promised to get me the visa as soon as possible. Needless to say I dont believe them..

purik

May 7, 2013
nikoli said:
I applied on 22nd January. On 5th April embassy sent a document to VFS office in bangalore for additional documents. But I was not aware of this. I called VFS call center once to enquire if there is any document for me but they did not inform me. Then on 2nd May I got a call that I have a document waiting.

The deadline for submitting additional documents was on 15th April. After a lot of arguments with VFS (who initially refused to own up) they agreed to write to embassy mentioning it was an error on their part. I have already sent the documents on 3rd May and today by email.

Any suggestions what can be done now? Anyone else who has faced any similar issue? I am thinking of suing VFS but want to wait for a week as VFS promised to get me the visa as soon as possible. Needless to say I dont believe them..
Follow up and put pressure on VFS. Try and connect with the top management there. There is not much you could do at Embassy front coz they are swamped with backlog of applications.

fibby85

Dec 5, 2012
hi friend....

Today,7th may, exactly 4 months after submission of my application my status changed to Processed Passport received at VFS Canada VAC Delhi on 07/05/2013...Hoping that its my visa...

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
@saini84 & varsha 13-->Thanks for sharing info. You guys are almost there to get the visa.

@ nikoli--> Thanks for sharing your experiences. There is nothing much we could do. You did a great job of asking VFS to write an apology letter. Hope for the best.

@ fibby85--> Awesome news...Finally someone in the group has Passport dispatch news...Wishing you congrats in advance. Do let us know about the outcome!!

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
roop9 said:
@ saini84 & varsha 13-->Thanks for sharing info. You guys are almost there to get the visa.

@ nikoli--> Thanks for sharing your experiences. There is nothing much we could do. You did a great job of asking VFS to write an apology letter. Hope for the best.

@ fibby85--> Awesome news...Finally someone in the group has Passport dispatch news...Wishing you congrats in advance. Do let us know about the outcome!!
Roop.......you are more positive than I am ........wow
I hope and wish that this wait gets over soon

anjushri

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
fibby85 said:
hi friend....

Today,7th may, exactly 4 months after submission of my application my status changed to Processed Passport received at VFS Canada VAC Delhi on 07/05/2013...Hoping that its my visa...
Great news Fibby. As Roop mentioned finally some non speculative news on this thread.
Advance congratulations.

Do keep us updated and share your timeline. When did you complete the medical?

- AS

deva reddy

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Congratulations Fibby!

I had submitted my Application package on 24-Jan-2013 and submitted medical reports on 06-mar-2013. Based on Fibby, I need to wait for 2 more weeks to get my passport with VISA:) Any one submitted Application package in the month of Jan apart from Varsha?

varsha13

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Good news fibby, congrats!! Is your spouse in a work permit or a student visa??
I applied on jan 3rd donno why I didn't get mine :(
Hope I get it soon!!

purik

May 7, 2013
varsha13 said:
Good news fibby, congrats!! Is your spouse in a work permit or a student visa??
I applied on jan 3rd donno why I didn't get mine :(
Hope I get it soon!!
When was your medical tests submitted?

sjoms

Apr 1, 2013
nikoli said:

hi nikoli,
dont worry hope for the best..delhi vfs had told me that i wud be getting my passport wt visa in 10 days..and now its the 20 th day..im also waiting..can anyone tell me how many days do they take post medical submission..?

regards,
s.j

sjoms

Apr 1, 2013
fibby85 said:
hi friend....

hi fibby,
congrats abt the gud news..so when did u submit ur medicals..?

regards,
s .j