+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
roop9 said:
Yeah good luck to all.. :)

@ Saini84 any update for your OWP-S?

Do share.
No Update yet!
I thought and many guys thought Chandigarh VO is faster then Delhi.....but it seems both are running at snails pace.

Worst Part is they are not responding to emails, Case Specific queries. Forget about the phone call.....

I do not know when the VISA will come for my wife :( The patience is being tested here for everyone who is being delayed in receiving the VISA

deva reddy

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Varsha,

I hope you had submitted your application package to High Commission in the month of January? Is my guess is correct?

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
blackbeauty_xxx said:
Any update for Feb-2013 CWP applicant ??

Regards,
BB
Trend in this forum for NDVO shows that they get Medicals or Visas 10 weeks after their application. So, if we go with the trend, the folks applied in Feb should be getting some response.

This is just a fool's hope :)

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
saini84 said:
No Update yet!
I thought and many guys thought Chandigarh VO is faster then Delhi.....but it seems both are running at snails pace.

Worst Part is they are not responding to emails, Case Specific queries. Forget about the phone call.....

I do not know when the VISA will come for my wife :( The patience is being tested here for everyone who is being delayed in receiving the VISA
@ saini84
I guess in Chandigarh timeline is 3 months and for ND its 2 months...if that is the case then you should get your visa between 20-27th May 2013...i am thinking things to go positive...

cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp

Regarding your medical request...I guess you have hired a representative (Immigration lawyer).. Do ask him if he has received email/s from CIC regarding medical request. Usually there is a possibility that the email has been sent to the representative rather than the applicant

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
varsha13 said:
OWP-S pending from 4 months. Don't really understand what are they upto. Worst part is they hold are passports for such a long time. We are totally at their dismissal :( sad
@varsha13... Is your spouse on Work visa? Did you get email to do your Medicals?

nikki41300

Apr 23, 2013
Hi Friends,

I have submitted my wife's open work permit application on 26 Feb'13, but still it is in under process. Even I havn't received any
MR request. I don't know, why they are taking so much time? :-(

Thanks,

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
roop9 said:
@ saini84
I guess in Chandigarh timeline is 3 months and for ND its 2 months...if that is the case then you should get your visa between 20-27th May 2013...i am thinking things to go positive...

cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp

Regarding your medical request...I guess you have hired a representative (Immigration lawyer).. Do ask him if he has received email/s from CIC regarding medical request. Usually there is a possibility that the email has been sent to the representative rather than the applicant
My Immigration consultant did not receive any email regarding MR. He is in Toronto, so he is in continuous touch with me.
I know two more good Immigration consultants here who are also surprised to see the delay in 4-5 cases that they filed for OWP-S in NDVO and Chandigarh. They are also not able to figure out what is impacting this.

The RBC saga has nothing to do with this and there are not much student Visas in these months which could have delayed the process.

AND regarding timeline in CIC, I do not trust it. For NDVO, it says 2 months but in this thread there are many folks who have applied in mid feb and not received any reply. I hope that all start getting replies by this week. Fingers crossed.
BTW my wife applied on 25th Feb

Mimmi

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
Timings have changed to 60 working days as per this website.http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/visas/processing-traitement.aspx

anjushri

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Mimmi said:
Timings have changed to 60 working days as per this website.
The link you posted clearly says Austria.
CIC link still shows 3 months for Chandigarh and 2 for ND.
Those may be old, but those are still the official timelines.

-AS

anjushri

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
The wait is agonising with no news to keep us going.
It also looks like a lot of us are very active only till we hear some news on our visas.

I hope those who suddenly vanished from the forum are busy packing their bags to Canada ;D

Good for them and good for us to keep our spirits up.

-AS

Mimmi

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
Thanx anjushri i was worried looking at the website which was emailed to me by one of my friend.But his consultant said that it's true that it wil take about 3 to 3 1/2 month because they hav changed the processing time.he also applied in ndvo.

purik

May 7, 2013
Hi All,

I am writing on the forum for the first time however I have been following the thread since a month now. I am on a Post Graduate Work Permit in Toronto, Canada and my wife has applied for OWP - S, below are the details:

Application date: Nov 21, 2012 (submitted with Medical)
Request for additional documents: Jan 23, 2013
Additional documents submitted: Feb 12, 2013 - Relationship Questionnaire
New Medical Request (test done same day) - April 08, 2013

We are still awaiting her visa. In addition to the above information, it would be essential for the forum to know that after submission of additional documents, I requested Member of Parliament office in Toronto to follow up on my behalf and the response received on March 26, 2013 was that new MRR requested, results not on hand. The letter from MP office also mentioned that the Ministry of Immigration and Citizenship has cut down on their resources and therefore the staff is swamped with application. Also, between April 1 - April 8, the foreign service staff was on strike protesting for increase in wages. All these factors have contributed to the delay of visa application.

Hope this information was helpful.

Mimmi

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
purik said:
Hi All,

I am writing on the forum for the first time however I have been following the thread since a month now. I am on a Post Graduate Work Permit in Toronto, Canada and my wife has applied for OWP - S, below are the details:

Application date: Nov 21, 2012 (submitted with Medical)
Request for additional documents: Jan 23, 2013
Additional documents submitted: Feb 12, 2013 - Relationship Questionnaire
New Medical Request (test done same day) - April 08, 2013

We are still awaiting her visa. In addition to the above information, it would be essential for the forum to know that after submission of additional documents, I requested Member of Parliament office in Toronto to follow up on my behalf and the response received on March 26, 2013 was that new MRR requested, results not on hand. The letter from MP office also mentioned that the Ministry of Immigration and Citizenship has cut down on their resources and therefore the staff is swamped with application. Also, between April 1 - April 8, the foreign service staff was on strike protesting for increase in wages. All these factors have contributed to the delay of visa application.

Hope this information was helpful.
Which additional documents were requested.