+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

Shyamala Lokesh

Jan 21, 2013
Another day gone in vain :mad: Seriously its frustrating. Left my job thinking the visa process will be soon :( Hoping atleast by this week there is an update :(

schumacer

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Shyamala Lokesh said:
Another day gone in vain :mad: Seriously its frustrating. Left my job thinking the visa process will be soon :( Hoping atleast by this week there is an update :(
hey..imagine our case..we have applied before u and yet to get MR...n they are not communicating anything... v r absolutely at their mercy..
ATB to every1... may this wait end soon(on positive note) for every1..

schumacer

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
jassiforu said:
Hello Friends............

Yesterday (Feb 9,2013) my husband got email form Canadian immigration section requesting for medical test attached is medical report form along with. However the application status on VFS still says is in processing.
Want to confirm whether we have to wait for the passport or he should go for the medicals directly?
Reply please. :)
what type of visa have u guys applied for you and your husband? I mean is one of you on student visa and other an OWP as dependent of student?

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
saini84 said:
She sent me the scanned copy of rejection letter. Two deficiencies:
1) Travel History: I do not understand this. She has not travelled in any country and selected no to the related question in the form
2) Purpose of visit: I believe, we havent shown the strong ties with the country of residence.

I will ask her to apply again and see what happens.............I am not going to apply for Visitor Visa as it may get rejected as I am changing the intent to come to canada.
Dear your applied for spouse open work permit, or spouse depent visa wat is different between them
How much u shows funds? And documents u attached plz tell me,

gogagig

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
saini84 said:
1) Travel History: I do not understand this. She has not travelled in any country and selected no to the related question in the form
2) Purpose of visit: I believe, we havent shown the strong ties with the country of residence.

I will ask her to apply again and see what happens.............I am not going to apply for Visitor Visa as it may get rejected as I am changing the intent to come to canada.
Travel history: They prefer to give visas to persons who have traveled more. This shows that the person has returned to India after travelling in the past. They therefore believe he is likely to return to India after his Canadian visit.

Also, because your wife is not working and also not currently a student, this works against her.

Of course, for a person without travel history and without current employment/student status, it is always better to show other ties to home country- property etc.

Lastly, you have been married for a very short period. The entire profile might make the visa officer suspicious.

I don;t think your wife will be granted a simple visitor visa either very easily. I would advise your wife to spend the next few months getting established at a job in India (or enrolling in a masters degree in India or in any country), travelling to some countries for a short holiday/visit and returning to India.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saini84 said:

Hello @saini84 , Sorry to hear about this refusal but don't loose heart and apply again.

I read somewhere in this thread that you got married recently in Nov 2012 so I think this short time period may be one reason which made them suspicious about this visa /WP.

I am not an immi expert but by logical thinking I would advise if your wife's passport does not have your name in her passport as Spouse Name then please get that entry added in her passport. You can also think about getting her name entered in your Passport . I believe this will be kind of one more Proof of this marriage along with Marriage Certificate .

What other things I can think are :

Include some of the photographs of your marriage / Copy of Marriage DVD with your next application to justify that you guys married recently , and it was not a fake marriage. You can show the proof of your Immigration Entry / Exit stamps which shows that you travelled from Canada to India for getting married. Any approval mails for your Marriage Leave might also help.

Write a descriptive letter to Canadian High Commission requesting them that you guys got married recently and Because of your job responsibilities you Can't leave Canada and at the same time you want your spouse to join you in Canada so you are requesting a dependent open work permit for her, In case they are not willing to give her WP then at least they can grant her Visitor visa so that you guys can stay together and can start your family life.

When you write this letter of Invite for your spouse then get this letter Notarized in Canada , this might cost you around CAD$ 20. After Notarizing It will become like an affidavit in which you are Swearing in front of Notary Public that you take all the responsibility of her Travel and Expenses and will ensure that upon completion of this WP/Visa she will return back to India.

Like others suggested She can show more ties to India like her studies, her Job , Any property Bank Accounts etc on her name .

Wish you good luck with your Next Application.

p_sreenath

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
Peace Bridge
Laxmi74 said:
Updated ( as on 28.01.2013) Timeline of New Delhi Visa Office
Name Appli. Dt. MRR Type of Visa
Neetu310 Sep/12 Nov/12 OWP-S
Chauhan 19/9/12 Awaited OWP-S
Jassiforu 29/10/12 Awaited
Laxmi 09/11/12 11/01/13 CMP/LMO
HB.Agenda 12/11/12 25/1/13
Hiiamsunny 14/11/12 Awaited
Schumacer 15/11/12 Awaited OWP-S
Ice Tea 19/11/12 Awaited OWP-S
NewBeginner 19/11/12 11/12/12 CWP-LMO
Oilers 27/11/12 Awaited
Jaswinder 4/12/12 7/11/12 OWP-S
Gautam387 6/12/12 Awaited
Gogagig 7/12/12 Awaited
Fabianoor 13/12/12 Awaited
Mitsha 14/12/12 17/1/12 CWP-LMO, OWP-S
Montrealappl 20/12/12 Awaited CWP/LMO, OWP-S
Arora5983 24/12/12 Awaited OWP-S
Varsha13 02/01/13 Awaited OWP-S
Chikku123 22/01/13 Awaited OWP-S
p_sreenath 27/12/13 Waiting OWp - S

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
Shyamala Lokesh said:
hang in there my friend... we're facing the same situation here...

jassiforu

Nov 9, 2012
@ saini84............sorry to hear that....but its always other way around. Dont get upset and keep on trying....Good luck.
@ chauhan: ye sure u'll also get reply soon. Best wishes.
@ schumacer: I am already in Canada since sep 2012 on student visa. My husband applied spousal open work permit.

Good luck everyone :)

gogagig

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
for those who got medical exam in delhi, how much did it cost, how long did it take, and was it very detailed?

amardeepm2000

Feb 5, 2013
I applied open work permit visa on 22/10/2012, Passport received at Canada High commission , 7/8 Shantipath,Chankyapuri 23/10/2012. Visa Application
I came to know that open work permit visa processing time is One month. Please kindly let me know about my visa processing status. And please can you let me know how long it's take time for visa processing.

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
O_Canada said:
Hello @ saini84 , Sorry to hear about this refusal but don't loose heart and apply again.

I read somewhere in this thread that you got married recently in Nov 2012 so I think this short time period may be one reason which made them suspicious about this visa /WP.

I am not an immi expert but by logical thinking I would advise if your wife's passport does not have your name in her passport as Spouse Name then please get that entry added in her passport. You can also think about getting her name entered in your Passport . I believe this will be kind of one more Proof of this marriage along with Marriage Certificate .

What other things I can think are :

Include some of the photographs of your marriage / Copy of Marriage DVD with your next application to justify that you guys married recently , and it was not a fake marriage. You can show the proof of your Immigration Entry / Exit stamps which shows that you travelled from Canada to India for getting married. Any approval mails for your Marriage Leave might also help.

Write a descriptive letter to Canadian High Commission requesting them that you guys got married recently and Because of your job responsibilities you Can't leave Canada and at the same time you want your spouse to join you in Canada so you are requesting a dependent open work permit for her, In case they are not willing to give her WP then at least they can grant her Visitor visa so that you guys can stay together and can start your family life.

When you write this letter of Invite for your spouse then get this letter Notarized in Canada , this might cost you around CAD$ 20. After Notarizing It will become like an affidavit in which you are Swearing in front of Notary Public that you take all the responsibility of her Travel and Expenses and will ensure that upon completion of this WP/Visa she will return back to India.

Like others suggested She can show more ties to India like her studies, her Job , Any property Bank Accounts etc on her name .

Wish you good luck with your Next Application.
Thanks for the concern.....
I have started collecting the documents ....affidavits etc and this time let us see how it goes. And for me ..this is not the end of the world.....there are many ways to sort things out. It is the matter of thinking positive and working more harder towards it and overcome the deficiencies.Although, this depends on the mood of Visa officer as he/she crossed the Travel History as the reason....my spouse had never been outside India ...LOL

As we are newly married.......we have to make the case of our relationshp more stronger and I am working towards it.....

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi Saini: when the VO identifies Travel History in reasons for refusal it has more than one meaning. In this case, it is the LACK of international travel they are noting. If people travel outside their country, especially for pleasure, it shows that they have the resources to spend on vacations (proof they are financially established) AND that they proved before they respected the visa rules by returning to their place of residence. I hope this helps. If you can think if any trips you have taken in the past it would be a positive thing. Good luck.

gogagig

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
People who applied around December 20 are starting to hear back. But then there are so many people who applied before that, and have not heard back. Wonder what is taking so long for some of us.