+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

gogagig

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
I previously applied for a work permit in June, and received it in under 10 days. Seems like now the embassy staff has not returned from Christmas holidays!

prykaul

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Nov 2013
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2014
Med's Request
5th August 2014
Med's Done....
7th August 2014
HB.Agenda said:
hey Ice tea... it seems no one in the forum topic has received any news on their visa this week... Ravi (Nov.9th applicant) was the last one who got Medicals Request last Friday... next... it's me, Sunny and you in line... followed by several other friends in the forum who have applied in November... could it be a Friday to Friday thing? should we keep all our hopes on tomorrow now? or hope that some news might come today afternoon... whenever it is... hoping the best for all of us.... wish y'all great luck!

Hey guys ,
I feel they will first complete the visa processing till 9th january and they will start with the next lot..this is just my observation from last 3 months

mitsha

Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2012
Med's Request
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-02-2013
Hi all,

Firstly, thank you all for posting here. This thread has been the only source of "new" information as compared to the static vfs tracker website (with the seemingly eternal "under processing" message).

My timelines:
Applied for named work permit for myself and open work permit for spouse on 14 Dec 2012 at VFS Mumbai.
Received medicals request by email today i.e. 17 Jan 2013 at 0836 hrs!
Have booked an appointment at the medical enter tomorrow morning.

I have been following this thread since many days now. Did not write earlier because had nothing but frustration to vent out.

All have their own theory about how CHC, New Delhi works based on their personal experience. My theory is that the time required for them to respond depends on many factors. First in, first out is alright but what matters most is the complexity level of each individual application. If, unfortunately, there is even a slight deviation from what is considered "ideal" application with perfect supporting documents, there can be a delay.

Anyway, I think all will get a (positive) response, sooner rather than later.

I would be more than happy to share if anybody would like to know more about my case.

Cheers!

prykaul

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Nov 2013
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2014
Med's Request
5th August 2014
Med's Done....
7th August 2014
mitsha said:
Hi all,

Firstly, thank you all for posting here. This thread has been the only source of "new" information as compared to the static vfs tracker website (with the seemingly eternal "under processing" message).

My timelines:
Applied for named work permit for myself and open work permit for spouse on 14 Dec 2012 at VFS Mumbai.

I have been following this thread since many days now. Did not write earlier because had nothing but frustration to vent out.

All have their own theory about how CHC, New Delhi works based on their personal experience. My theory is that the time required for them to respond depends on many factors. First in, first out is alright but what matters most is the complexity level of each individual application. If, unfortunately, there is even a slight deviation from what is considered "ideal" application with perfect supporting documents, there can be a delay.

I would be more than happy to share if anybody would like to know more about my case.

Cheers!
Is your application initiated by your employer or some attorney representing it

mitsha

Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2012
Med's Request
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-02-2013
Attorney appointed by employer....

HB.Agenda

Jan 15, 2013
mitsha said:
Attorney appointed by employer....
one thing is crystal clear... it is not necessarily First in, First out at CHC, New Delhi... there are obviously other factors that control the response timing from the visa office...
mitsha, are you sure it was 14th Dec and not 14th Nov...? lol.. dude that is instant reply... congratulations... is your profession related to one of the STEM fields?

@ priyanka... employer appointed attorney could result in a quicker response, fast tracked processing?

prykaul

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Nov 2013
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2014
Med's Request
5th August 2014
Med's Done....
7th August 2014
HB.Agenda said:
once thing is crystal clear... it is not necessarily First in, First out at CHC, New Delhi... there are obviously other factors that control the response timing from the visa office...
mitsha, are you sure it was 14th Dec and not 14th Nov...? lol.. dude that is instant reply... congratulations... is your profession related to one of the STEM fields?

@ priyanka... employer appointed attorney could result in a quicker response, fast tracked processing?

@ HB.Agenda :- yeah , some companies have these express programs which could lead to faster processing.But This time i came to know that even their visa's are getting delayed

prykaul

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Nov 2013
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2014
Med's Request
5th August 2014
Med's Done....
7th August 2014
DMP confirmed my medical submission to CHC on 16th January ...Waiting for passport with visa stamped .......

Hope they will process it faster now

mitsha

Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2012
Med's Request
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-02-2013
HB.Agenda said:
once thing is crystal clear... it is not necessarily First in, First out at CHC, New Delhi... there are obviously other factors that control the response timing from the visa office...

@ HB.Agenda: yeah...i'm into Engineering...and yes it was 14 Dec 2012 and not 2011! ;)

garrycole

Nov 23, 2012
mitsha said:
Hi all,

My timelines:

Cheers!
Only 1 question: Was your medical request sent to your Mail Address or through E-mail?

mitsha

Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2012
Med's Request
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-02-2013
@ garrycole: If you read my post carefully...i received the medicals request by email on the id i had provided in the application form...

garrycole

Nov 23, 2012
HB.Agenda said:

I somehow doubt that having an attorney could fast-track the process. The attorney for my application is the owner of the company whose popular forum we're chatting on. That's right, Campbell Cohen (canadavisa.com)'s owner. So, everything is super perfect in my application. Still I haven't heard a word from CHC since 5th December.

Ice tea

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi vo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
Hey People... They are giving preference to closed work permit and engineers I guess. Even Ravi is an engineer who had named lmo which is moved by attorney... People who are waiting just share your lmo details and occupation so we can know the details about it... Sunny,hitesh n rest of the people update your work permit details..

prykaul

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Nov 2013
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2014
Med's Request
5th August 2014
Med's Done....
7th August 2014
Ice tea said:
Hey People... They are giving preference to closed work permit and engineers I guess. Even Ravi is an engineer who had named lmo which is moved by attorney... People who are waiting just share your lmo details and occupation so we can know the details about it... Sunny,hitesh n rest of the people update your work permit details..

ice tea don't think so..even i am a computer engineer but got response after 2.5 months ......

Laxmi74

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
prykaul said:
DMP confirmed my medical submission to CHC on 16th January ...Waiting for passport with visa stamped .......

Hope they will process it faster now
Priya,

In your case, DMP has taken more time to send the report . I knew that you did medical on 09th Jan and normally they will send the report in one or two working days.