+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

Jaswinder

Oct 22, 2009
Arora5983 - My company do medical first and then they submit file.. In mycase medical was done on 7 nov and file was submitted on Dec 4. Hope its clear now

mitsha

Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2012
Med's Request
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-02-2013
@ Arora5983: Closed work permit is not an official term...we have taken the liberty of calling it so in that closed is opposite of open! ;) A closed work permit is essentially a "named" (the term which my representative used) work permit where there are few conditions imposed for e.g. name of the company, type of work etc. If you have a named work permit you can work for that company alone and nobody else. If you want to change jobs you would have to apply for another named work permit in the new company's name. Open work permit allows you to work with any employer, there is no restriction. (People, correct me if I am wrong here. I dont claim to be an expert in these issues!)

@Montrealappl: Dont know if you have read one of my earlier posts where I had expressed my own theory about how things work in CHC, New Delhi. Further to that post and with your case as well as Priyanka's for that matter, as an example, if your situation is even slightly moved from a straightforward application there could be a delay. My case was plain and simple for them to process (thats what I would like to believe). If there is anything that does not fit directly in to their "production line" things might go back and forth and hence more delay. This is my theory and could easily be wrong!

@HB.Agenda: The medical center I had visited sent me scanned copy of the report that was dispatched to CHC, New Delhi. That is how I came to know that the report was positive (Grade A). Then, I called them to know the courier company and the AWB number which helped me track its movement.( btw, are you same as Hitesh and HB.Agenda2???)

Hope this helps...and below is the latest (and most probably the final status change!)

Processed Passport received at VFS Canada VAC Mumbai on 29/01/2013. Following documents are required for collection of the Passport:
Original Invoice cum Receipt
Passport copy
Note: Should you wish to get your passport collected by your representative, you are required to handover a authority letter duly signed by you along with a photo Identity proof of your representative(i.e. Driving license, Passport, or PAN card).

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
mitsha said:
@ HB.Agenda: The medical center I had visited sent me scanned copy of the report that was dispatched to CHC, New Delhi. That is how I came to know that the report was positive (Grade A). Then, I called them to know the courier company and the AWB number which helped me track its movement.( btw, are you same as Hitesh and HB.Agenda2???)
unfortunately, the DMP in New Delhi don't send you any report dispatch information... i must ask prykaul how she figured out the report dispatch details... and yes, Hitesh and HB.Agenda2 = ME...

so did you collect yours and wife's passport from VFS, today?

Arora5983

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
18-01-2014
Nomination.....
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
21-09-2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
In Process, Pymt Request and Paid on 05-02-2014
Med's Request
29-09-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-03-2014
Hi Mistha,

Thanks for clarification. In my LMO company name, address, work location and nature of job is specified so my work permit is also closed work permit?

mitsha said:
@ Arora5983: Closed work permit is not an official term...we have taken the liberty of calling it so in that closed is opposite of open! ;) A closed work permit is essentially a "named" (the term which my representative used) work permit where there are few conditions imposed for e.g. name of the company, type of work etc. If you have a named work permit you can work for that company alone and nobody else. If you want to change jobs you would have to apply for another named work permit in the new company's name. Open work permit allows you to work with any employer, there is no restriction. (People, correct me if I am wrong here. I dont claim to be an expert in these issues!)

@ Montrealappl: Dont know if you have read one of my earlier posts where I had expressed my own theory about how things work in CHC, New Delhi. Further to that post and with your case as well as Priyanka's for that matter, as an example, if your situation is even slightly moved from a straightforward application there could be a delay. My case was plain and simple for them to process (thats what I would like to believe). If there is anything that does not fit directly in to their "production line" things might go back and forth and hence more delay. This is my theory and could easily be wrong!

@ HB.Agenda: The medical center I had visited sent me scanned copy of the report that was dispatched to CHC, New Delhi. That is how I came to know that the report was positive (Grade A). Then, I called them to know the courier company and the AWB number which helped me track its movement.( btw, are you same as Hitesh and HB.Agenda2???)

Hope this helps...and below is the latest (and most probably the final status change!)

Processed Passport received at VFS Canada VAC Mumbai on 29/01/2013. Following documents are required for collection of the Passport:
Original Invoice cum Receipt
Passport copy
Note: Should you wish to get your passport collected by your representative, you are required to handover a authority letter duly signed by you along with a photo Identity proof of your representative(i.e. Driving license, Passport, or PAN card).

gogagig

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Jaswinder said:
any luck guys today..??
Nope. Absolutely no news. Been 7 weeks for me, and i see there are several people who applied much before me who have not heard anything either. This VO is very sloppy.

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
gogagig said:
Nope. Absolutely no news. Been 7 weeks for me, and i see there are several people who applied much before me who have not heard anything either. This VO is very sloppy.
I am wondering if NDVO is so slow, what I can expect from Consulate General office in Chandigarh?

gogagig

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
saini84 said:
I am wondering if NDVO is so slow, what I can expect from Consulate General office in Chandigarh?
In general, I think the Chandigarh consulate is nowhere near as busy as ND consulate. They probably have fewer visa officers too. Still, I think you might get your decision before we do. I know the website says chandigarh work permits take 4 months. But something I've learned being on these boards is that the listed visa processing times are a joke.

hiiamsunny

Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
Med's Request
no
VISA ISSUED...
rejected
Received an email from Consulate after 1 month.

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi .

Your e-mail has been forwarded to the appropriate section for any necessary action. If anything further is required at this time, the section will contact the applicant or authorized representative.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Neetu310

Star Member
Jan 2, 2013
hiiamsunny said:
Received an email from Consulate after 1 month.

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi .

Your e-mail has been forwarded to the appropriate section for any necessary action. If anything further is required at this time, the section will contact the applicant or authorized representative.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

I feel this is the auto reply mail , two times they replied to me with same matter. The subject was 1-1YV7BHU, Neetu Bhat.

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
gogagig said:
In general, I think the Chandigarh consulate is nowhere near as busy as ND consulate. They probably have fewer visa officers too. Still, I think you might get your decision before we do. I know the website says chandigarh work permits take 4 months. But something I've learned being on these boards is that the listed visa processing times are a joke.
Fingers double crossed :)

There is no thread for Chandigarh VISA processing.....I started one but it seems that no one is there in the forum, Hence, following this thread religiously..

mitsha

Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2012
Med's Request
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-02-2013
unfortunately, the DMP in New Delhi don't send you any report dispatch information... i must ask prykaul how she figured out the report dispatch details... and yes, Hitesh and HB.Agenda2 = ME...

so did you collect yours and wife's passport from VFS, today?
yes, we did.

Please note that the approval email attachment and the letter that you receive along with the passport are not identical...and also...remarkably...the visa sticker does not have a photo!!! :eek:

this may sound crazy...but i checked the status even after collecting the passport and letter from vfs...

Passport delivered at Counter on 29/01/2013: Collected by In Person.

hiiamsunny

Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
Med's Request
no
VISA ISSUED...
rejected
mitsha said:
yes, we did.

Please note that the approval email attachment and the letter that you receive along with the passport are not identical...and also...remarkably...the visa sticker does not have a photo!!! :eek:

this may sound crazy...but i checked the status even after collecting the passport and letter from vfs...

Passport delivered at Counter on 29/01/2013: Collected by In Person.
The canadian visa on passport does not have a photo like US visa. Congrats again though.

hiiamsunny

Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
Med's Request
no
VISA ISSUED...
rejected
Neetu310 said:
I feel this is the auto reply mail , two times they replied to me with same matter. The subject was 1-1YV7BHU, Neetu Bhat.
Hi Neetu,
I don`t think this is auto reply mail because I enquired about a month ago n got this ridiculous reply from them yesterday at around 16.40.