+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
vivmehta said:
hi thank you for your quick response.
I have also submitted our marriage certificate copy (notarized true copy)

and what type of visa you have applied for?

please revert.
I have applied for OWP-Spousal..on 21st march 2013

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
saini84 said:
Your spouse can always apply for WP when she arrives in Canada. I am not a strong advocate for suggesting applying for Visitor Visa for Spouse as the level of uncertainity is more in Visitor visa (especially for spouse). ALthough, the uncertainty is there in OWP (spouse) too but it is less.

To get visitor visa for spouse, convince Visa officer that she will come back soon. If she is working, take a vacation request and then apply and after that go for resignation when visitor visa is approved. If not working then, get any job letter or take any admission anywhere and say that she has to come back to perform her duties.

Also, if you are in Canada, check if there is any company event where you can make reference that your spouse is required for that.......

This way, your file will be on a heavier side.

This is what I can suggest.

Good luck ....
Yes. I second this one. It is a little better to apply on Open work permit from India than TRV..time taken for work permit is more but chances are better and spouse will get opportunity to work in Canada..

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
vivmehta said:
I have just submitted marriage certificate (notarized true copy).not marriage photos and also the below given list of documents:

letter of invitation from my spouse (Notarized by canadian immigration lawyer)
her pay slip of last 3months
her bank statement of last 6months (Balance:-CAD 12000)
her tax returns
her employment letter (that she is working in a company from last one yr)
my bank statement in india last six months (Rs.780,000/-)
my salary slips (Rs.42,000/-)
my tax return (Gross income as per income tax Rs.540,000/- per annum)

what you think will i get the visa with the help of this documents?

and thank you so much for your support.....
This is good documentation ........hope you get visa soon ...I also replied to your message :)

dakshseth2012

Jun 5, 2013
saini84 said:
Your spouse can always apply for WP when she arrives in Canada. I am not a strong advocate for suggesting applying for Visitor Visa for Spouse as the level of uncertainity is more in Visitor visa (especially for spouse). ALthough, the uncertainty is there in OWP (spouse) too but it is less.

To get visitor visa for spouse, convince Visa officer that she will come back soon. If she is working, take a vacation request and then apply and after that go for resignation when visitor visa is approved. If not working then, get any job letter or take any admission anywhere and say that she has to come back to perform her duties.

Also, if you are in Canada, check if there is any company event where you can make reference that your spouse is required for that.......

This way, your file will be on a heavier side.

This is what I can suggest.

Good luck ....
Hi saini84,

Thanks for responding to my query.....I have one more concern....I have received my work permit approval last month...but I am yet to travel to canada....so Can I start SOWP process for my wife at this point of time or I need to first go there and then only I can get her SOWP process started?

In my Visa application (family details form IMM 5645E), I had mentioned that I am single and would be traveling alone....but now when I am married will there be any conflict if I apply for SOWP for my wife before reaching canada

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
canadahelp7 said:
I was one of the many waiting to get the Spousal WP processed. Please find the timeline below.

Applied: 23 Feb 2013
Case specific query as 2 months of processing time lapsed: 4 May 2013 (No response)
Send a Fax and Email : 5 June 2013 (Received an email that they are forwarding to the concerned department)
Medical , Passport and Additional document Request: 05 June 2013 (On the same day we received all three requests in CIC inbox)
Additional document uploaded online: 09 June 2013
Medical completed: 12 June 2013
Passport submitted: 18 June 2013 ( We realised that the Passport request letter was dated 13 March 2013 and it was received in the CIC inbox on 05 June 2013. Either they approved the case way back or it was a typo on the letter so an email was send to notify CIC of the error)
WP approval email : 19 June 2013
Passport returned with visa : 19 June 2013

Dont lose hope and I can see why it can be disheartening when the wait is longer with so much uncertanity. Good luck to everyone who is waiting!
Hi,
I have applied on 26 April. 2 months and still waiting for their response.can you please provide what all information you asked or gave in your FAX ?

ANIXDUTJ

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-apr-2013
HI eva88

Even i applied on 18th april.still no updates..
send so many emails but no response

naresht

May 22, 2013
i have applied on 11th March no update yet

As per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp, i dont know how much more time it will take to proces :(

Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Manish25

May 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Med's Request
22/08/13
Med's Done....
23/08/13
Passport Req..
submited with application
VISA ISSUED...
6/09/2013
Hi eva88,

i have also applied on 26 April 2013 but still no update i send them many email but no response yet.

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
ANIXDUTJ said:
HI eva88

Even i applied on 18th april.still no updates..
send so many emails but no response
Hi What is your Visa category as response also depends on case to case and processing is also delayed due to strike.

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Manish25 said:
Hi eva88,

i have also applied on 26 April 2013 but still no update i send them many email but no response yet.
Hi

VFS ppl told that embassey don't entertain emails which are sent with in two months of application. What is your Visa category as response also depends on case to case and processing is also delayed due to strike.

gg77

Apr 10, 2013
eva88 said:
Hi

VFS ppl told that embassey don't entertain emails which are sent with in two months of application. What is your Visa category as response also depends on case to case and processing is also delayed due to strike.
Today is three month complete ....for submited my application
it was on 25 march i apply cwp with valid lmo

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..