+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Hi All,

I am a PhD student in Canada. My wife got one rejection for visitor visa in Dec. 2012. Now we consider applying for the spouse OWP from outside Canada.

My question is, how much chance do we have? We have $22,000/year reliable money. My wife is teacher in middle school.

Thanks for all replies in advance!

dalai

Apr 5, 2013
gg77 said:
Hi pippin..
1:we r not sure that u will come back to ur country after complete the contract
2:your financial situation
After that my comany give me a letter ..and they address the vo in it.pls respond positively...bcoz this is da perfect person for our compeny...nd we r not seticefied with reson u gave ...is this letter is helpful for me?
Hi gg77,
I had my twp refused for the same reasons. I'm reapplying with a letter from my employer too. Please tell me what was the outcome of your re-application. Your suggestions could be very valuable for me.
Thanks a lot in advance.

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
nikoli said:
I raised a case specific query. I got a phone call asking me if I have received any mail for additional documents. I said I have not.

No news since.
How long does the VO takes to respond to Case Specific Inquiry?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
gg77 said:
Hi pippin..
1:we r not sure that u will come back to ur country after complete the contract
2:your financial situation
After that my comany give me a letter ..and they address the vo in it.pls respond positively...bcoz this is da perfect person for our compeny...nd we r not seticefied with reson u gave ...is this letter is helpful for me?
Not an authority and I can't say for sure. It is nice for you that your employer is so supportive. From the letter content, I don't see how the VO's concerns regarding finances and staying beyond the end of the visa have been addressed. In cold, hard terms, the VO is not concerned with the company's staffing problems, that need was accepted when the LMO was issued. The letter may actually give more reason for the VO to believe your ties to Canada are stronger than those to your home country. I don't see anything that deals with the financial reason for refusal. If specific reasons for refusal are not met, I don't think one can expect the decision to change. I am sorry.

sklin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hi guys,

My medical report was received in Ottawa 2 days ago. I keep checking Mycic to see if there is any update. How long it will be updated?
Anyone know it? Please share your case, very appreciate for your help!

gg77

Apr 10, 2013
Pippin said:
Not an authority and I can't say for sure. It is nice for you that your employer is so supportive. From the letter content, I don't see how the VO's concerns regarding finances and staying beyond the end of the visa have been addressed. In cold, hard terms, the VO is not concerned with the company's staffing problems, that need was accepted when the LMO was issued. The letter may actually give more reason for the VO to believe your ties to Canada are stronger than those to your home country. I don't see anything that deals with the financial reason for refusal. If specific reasons for refusal are not met, I don't think one can expect the decision to change. I am sorry.
Thanx for response pippin,
Soo you mean to say that latter is not addressed to VO at any situation ...........i think i will still get a refusal anyways but thanx.........

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
gg77 said:
Thanx for response pippin,
Soo you mean to say that latter is not addressed to VO at any situation ...........i think i will still get a refusal anyways but thanx.........
The TWP is all about YOU. (LMO is about the employer.). The VO has to be convinced the applicant will be a temporary worker, that they have proven potential and ties to their home country that draw them home again. If you apply again, get the GCMS notes and make sure you address all reasons for the refusal.

sapna kumar

Jan 28, 2013
Hi all..
Gud news guys fi ally aftr along wait of 5 months o received my passpory yestrday with visa.
.. thnk u all for all the help n support...
N i wish everyone waiting all the very best....God bless!!

piku

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
Joy Addya Maa, Joy Tara Maa
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with Application, Joy Tara Maa
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Pippin,

As per your previous advise to me I have sent my signed application for GCMS notes to my friend who is PR of Canada but please help me to tell how he can pay online $5 to CIC.

Please tell me the link.

Piku

Pippin said:
The TWP is all about YOU. (LMO is about the employer.). The VO has to be convinced the applicant will be a temporary worker, that they have proven potential and ties to their home country that draw them home again. If you apply again, get the GCMS notes and make sure you address all reasons for the refusal.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
piku said:
Hi Pippin,

As per your previous advise to me I have sent my signed application for GCMS notes to my friend who is PR of Canada but please help me to tell how he can pay online $5 to CIC.

Please tell me the link.

Piku

hi. He can put the amount on a credit card.

sjoms

Apr 1, 2013
Hi Nikoli
I applied for OWP-S on feb 8 th 2013..i had done my medicals on jan 23 rd as per my agent's request..and I checked up with the hospital staff and they me the tracking number..and found out that my report has been delivered on jan 28 th..but last week I got a mail from cic along the form for doing medicals..I am totally confused now..my agent says repeat the test..but the hospital does not allow that..they say u can do the medicals now only after one year..I m helpless..As per my agent, I send a mail to cic stating I have already done the test in january and also the previous medical receipt n bill..I havn't received any reply from them..now wt am I supposed to do.. pls help out..

jigar.sah

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
blackbeauty_xxx said:
Any Update for anyone ? :'(

Regards,
BB
Hi BB,

Have you received any update? Its almost 2 month and not received even single communication from high commission. This is really frustrating

Regards,

Jigar

piku

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with Application, Joy Tara Maa
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Hi Pippin,

Please tell me the site link where he can use his credit card to pay the fees of $5 for GCMS notes.

Piku